Coach v.s Michael Kors

Guest JJL

Guest linhybear

I feel like Coach is being so over-used. I enjoy MK with their styles and the simplicity of their logo and them not having much logos on their bags. I feel as if Coach is so out there now. I agree with the poster above; Coach is now more highschoolers, but I still see many people with a diverse range of ages wearing Coach. I have 2 Coach bags, but I'm deciding on a MK bag to purchase. The price range is about the same or MK is just a bit more priced than Coach but if I would have to choose one over the other, I'd choose MK.

Guest fuzzylove<3

I think some of the higher end Coach bags are very nice ($700+), but bc of their poor marketing direction, alot of people don't even realize Coach has a "high-end" range of handbags. All they're known for now is the gaudy/cheap bags covered with C's :(

I like alot of the Michael Kors bags now (an example of good marketing). The designs are timeless and chic, and the brand hasn't killed itself by offering the purses at a TON of outlets at rock-bottom prices.

Guest AS1AND0LL

I definitely prefer MK, I own Coach purses but since I purchased my first MK bag I am just in love with it, it's so classic and chic! Whereas Coach.. I do think it's being overused but the more expensive Coach purses like the real leather, you don't see too many people carrying that often, I think most people just carry it for the logos.

Guest Hearted

I like the leather Coach designs more, heck I even own one (leather). But I also own a wristlet with the C's on it, but I like it. It's subtle. I find the MK designs dull and boring, at most I am in love with the Hamilton nag only. Everything else is okay. Since bigger labels such as Chanel, LV, etc have similar designs, but then again same applies to Coach. I don't think it should boil down to if everyone has it or not, if you apperciate the brand wear the product(s). Given I am in my teens, so this might be bias.

I'll let you know I absolutely dislike too much labeling on a handbag. I like the that the Coach bags aren't dull. Like the MK bags excluding the Hamilton, I just can't like the other designs. One MK reminds me of LV speedy another reminds me of the Chanel tote like bag.

I'm not really sure where I'm trying to go, but I'm open about Coach. But I do hate the sling back bags where the strap isn't leather, but fabric?

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I like some of coach's leather monogramless bags but I find the whole brand itself to be very cheap. I don't mean pricewise, but it's so common and overrated that for me it's completely lost all appeal. in terms of brand name coach ranks at the very bottom for me and michael kors is a close second. Based on the ones I've seen I find their designs to be very tacky

Guest bbpanida

I use to like Coach a lot but I feel like their design is really repetitive now a days.

I am leaning towards Michael Kors as I find their designs to be more simple but still stylish.

Guest paintyourxtarget

I think coach's classic pieces are great, and their wristlets/wallets make for fun affordable gifts for special occasions. but overall they mostly remind me of middle-class older women. MK has a little bit more edge, but I do question quite a bit of their stuff.

is it just me, or is Coach losing whatever wisp of "designer" appeal they had? Not that it influences my opinion of the items they carry, but still.

• 1 year later...

since this threaded is bumped...
i've never liked coach, always found the brand image to be cheap and the designs tacky. MK is going down that route too in my opinion. i see the brand everywhere nowadays. 

Guest mightyleaf

Lol personally I found coach wristlets to be very handy :) but since mk came to canada, they have even Cuter wristlets!!!!!

My mom likes coach :) and so does a lot of her friends :0

Guest c.odette

Hate anything monogrammed. This incl. coach, MK, LV, Fendi etc.

Coach has some nice pieces in their classic legacy lines, but nothing I would invest into... I never really looked into MK b/c of their huge gold logo...but recently their stuff seems a lot more toned down.

Guest severus

Haven't touched Coach since junior 8th grade really. It's too accessible and therefor lost its appeal.

I think Michael Kors is stylish and functional, I use the Large Hamilton for everyday school use. Also becoming very accessible, but better designs.

If you don't have to carry around 3 calculators and a bunch of notebooks, opt for Chanel because you will still value your Chanel in 20 years.

personally i like coach. i don't like there monogrammed stuff either but most of the time its the outlet stores that have that cheesy cheap design
the actual coach stores u find at the mall tend to have nicer items that are reasonably priced and are of good material (leather) 

... i wish i bought one of those phillip lim bags during the target sale though. DAMN do i regret it 

Guest Chasing-A-Fairytale

Personally I really like MK. From the shoes, bags, wallets, etc. I find that it's more in the high end fashion than Coach and I like the quality better. In my opinion, Coach is a bit too plain and MK is simple in just the right way (:

Guest rain_drops

i prefer mk over coach, although i have more coach items than mk, but i blame partially on my mom's spending habits. idk where most of you guys live, but i live in la and i noticed that the older adults carry coach more than the younger adults. the younger adults carry mk more i noticed. maybe it's the marketing, but coach seems to be geared toward the older adults. whenever i go to coach stores or department, i'm always surrounded with the older adults and during the holidays, the older folks are always carrying 2-3 bags in their arms for purchase :|

Archived