Has anyone been to PDI/EPAA Training School over the Summer?

Guest tesiazzz

Guest tesiazzz

So long story short, I was offered a pre-registration package from PDI/EPAA, a training school in the summer that trains you and grooms you to be a korean singer, and then holds a showcase with scouts from LOEN, CUBE, Starship, etc. However, even with pre-registration discounts, it seems steep. I was wondering if anyone has attended in previous years, and if they could share about their experience.

Thanks!

[mods, if this needs to be moved, please do so]

• 2 months later...

I was accepted to go through Avance/cube. I was wondering the same thing too. But i really want to go! There is soo much competition to join and only 20 get to go.

Guest xMadeinChinax

I was accepted to go through Avance/cube. I was wondering the same thing too. But i really want to go! There is soo much competition to join and only 20 get to go.

Yeah. ^_^ I got a reply and I'm going this summer but obviously I don't know what its like yet. ^^;;; Ill try to let people know what i think once i get back. ^^

Guest smileycenter

It would be very very helpful if someone who got rejected let us know. Dating back to last year, I've only heard of everyone getting accepted and nobody getting rejected. Makes me wonder how legit the program is... :sweatingbullets:

@ xMadeinChinax

Congrats!! You're going to have so much fun! Did they offer you scholarship money? It's so pricey...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. ^_^ I got a reply and I'm going this summer but obviously I don't know what its like yet. ^^;;; Ill try to let people know what i think once i get back. ^^

thank you!!!! have fun at the Canada event thing!

Guest aiko_da luv child

I was accepted but can't go cuz they DON'T do scholarship and it's $5,000. I also know alumni that say it's corrupt and that I shouldn't waste my money so you guys be careful.

Guest aiko_da luv child

I can't really say because I haven't gone. If you want more info, email jcj16@students.uwf.edu (that's my email btw).

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

May we know why it is corrupt? :huh:

^ maybe because they inflate the semester tuitions and don't promise you they will help you get into a kpop company once accepted? That was what it was like for one of my colleagues when he registered for that Kpop Academy in New York. He said it was a rip off.

Guest cleanchees

^ maybe because they inflate the semester tuitions and don't promise you they will help you get into a kpop company once accepted? That was what it was like for one of my colleagues when he registered for that Kpop Academy in New York. He said it was a rip off.

Are you talking about HITSNY? If yeah, is it really a rip off?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Are you talking about HITSNY? If yeah, is it really a rip off?

That's what my friend told me...I'll quote up a recent response I typed before about the HITSNY, cuz I'm too lazy to type it all up again :P

. One of my guy friends enrolled at that Kpop academy school in New York and he says it's a total waste of time, especially for the foreign students who registered their.

Most if not all the teachers speak only Korean, so they ignore and neglect the foreign students and gives the Korean students more of their attention. He also told me the teachers they hired aren't that great. He says he could've found better training at a local dance studio, vocal coach etc. for half the price of one semester he spent on that academy. He's still enrolled but he is thinking to drop out around May.

Guest cleanchees

That's what my friend told me...I'll quote up a recent response I typed before about the HITSNY, cuz I'm too lazy to type it all up again :P

No it can't be HITSNY. They barely just opened up and the first semester is free which they held an audition for and picked around 20ish so what did your friend pay? And if it is HITSNY the program ends in June so there should be no point in quitting with only a month left. And honestly, it's a training academy to get into the Kpop industry so of course they would speak nothing but Korean. That's what I would have wanted. It helps a lot to learn Korean faster. I would know because I went to Japan as an exchange student and I hated when people spoke English to me when I wanted to get used to speaking Japanese and not English. If the teachers don't pay attention to the foreign students, that should be their own fault. Study harder and ask more questions. If that don't work, then focus on becoming famous and make them regret for ignoring them in the first place. Like the students there should have some potential of getting into the Kpop industry since they got picked by HITSNY. I don't know but the biggest scam of Kpop academy is not HITSNY but PDI-EPAA academy.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

No it can't be HITSNY. They barely just opened up and the first semester is free which they held an audition for and picked around 20ish so what did your friend pay? And if it is HITSNY the program ends in June so there should be no point in quitting with only a month left. And honestly, it's a training academy to get into the Kpop industry so of course they would speak nothing but Korean. That's what I would have wanted. It helps a lot to learn Korean faster. I would know because I went to Japan as an exchange student and I hated when people spoke English to me when I wanted to get used to speaking Japanese and not English. If the teachers don't pay attention to the foreign students, that should be their own fault. Study harder and ask more questions. If that don't work, then focus on becoming famous and make them regret for ignoring them in the first place. Like the students there should have some potential of getting into the Kpop industry since they got picked by HITSNY. I don't know but the biggest scam of Kpop academy is not HITSNY but PDI-EPAA academy.

^ Thanks for clearing the confusion. He told me it was some academy for Kpop training in New York. He lives their so I just assumed it was HITSNY because that's the only place I haerd about that did that kind of stuff. And are you sure they didn't open up yet? Didn't they have some kind of auditions last summer? I remember RAIN trying to get me to register and audition but I declined lol. And my friend said around May or June. Most likely he will finish out this semester but will not register for the next one. I'll ask him about it when we are on skype again lol.

And I know that it is a Kpop academy, but he told me their was one or two students enrolled their who aren't Asian, which he thought was rather odd. Also my friend is Korean and he was one of the few auditionees who got picked to go their for free, but then the two non Asian students he knows told him they had to pay to get in. So he says they didn't pass the auditions but they still got to enroll but with full tuition. Which he thought was rather a waste of money on their part. He thinks it's just a rip off to go to this type of academy when they don't teach the students any Korean for the non Asians who enrolled their, and you could learn better dance skills and vocals at a studio for half the price. So he says it's not technically a scam but they will let you in if you have the money to enroll. So in a way he thinks it is a rip off and a waste for students who can't even afford a semester. He says it was a good experience for him because he learned how these types of academies are run, but he definitely will not be coming back next semester because he can't afford the tuition and plus he says he could get better training elsewhere for half the price.

Guest cleanchees

^ Thanks for clearing the confusion. He told me it was some academy for Kpop training in New York. He lives their so I just assumed it was HITSNY because that's the only place I haerd about that did that kind of stuff. And are you sure they didn't open up yet? Didn't they have some kind of auditions last summer? I remember RAIN trying to get me to register and audition but I declined lol. And my friend said around May or June. Most likely he will finish out this semester but will not register for the next one. I'll ask him about it when we are on skype again lol.

And I know that it is a Kpop academy, but he told me their was one or two students enrolled their who aren't Asian, which he thought was rather odd. Also my friend is Korean and he was one of the few auditionees who got picked to go their for free, but then the two non Asian students he knows told him they had to pay to get in. So he says they didn't pass the auditions but they still got to enroll but with full tuition. Which he thought was rather a waste of money on their part. He thinks it's just a rip off to go to this type of academy when they don't teach the students any Korean for the non Asians who enrolled their, and you could learn better dance skills and vocals at a studio for half the price. So he says it's not technically a scam but they will let you in if you have the money to enroll. So in a way he thinks it is a rip off and a waste for students who can't even afford a semester. He says it was a good experience for him because he learned how these types of academies are run, but he definitely will not be coming back next semester because he can't afford the tuition and plus he says he could get better training elsewhere for half the price.

Of course you could get better training elsewhere but some people would rather go to places like HITSNY or a Kpop Academy because they focus on getting their students into the Kpop industry. I would totally have love a chance to attend HITSNY but I got rejected and can't possibly afford their next semester. So I'm one of those kids who is taking private singing lessons, dance and acting as for my training so I would know it is way cheap than those academies but I would much rather go there because of the connections they have.

And about HITSNY, I don't know who your friend is and what kpop academy he goes to but HITSNY just recently started. They had their audition on December 17 in NY and because it's new they decided to give out about 20ish? free full scholarship. Those 20ish kids who get chosen become their guinea pigs if you understand what I mean. And I believe there is about more than 4 non asians enrolled. They all have a Facebook and their profiles are up as well on there. What's your friend's name? Yoon? I think he's the only Korean boy in there and he's 15. But I'm actually not sure. I used to follow information about HITSNY because I spent nearly 4 months on it only to find in the end I got rejected which I am still disappointed so I stop looking at their page.

Anyways, even though I hate them for rejecting me, I still like them so I don't want some bad rumor about HITSNY to ruin my dream of attending there. Someday. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Of course you could get better training elsewhere but some people would rather go to places like HITSNY or a Kpop Academy because they focus on getting their students into the Kpop industry. I would totally have love a chance to attend HITSNY but I got rejected and can't possibly afford their next semester. So I'm one of those kids who is taking private singing lessons, dance and acting as for my training so I would know it is way cheap than those academies but I would much rather go there because of the connections they have.

And about HITSNY, I don't know who your friend is and what kpop academy he goes to but HITSNY just recently started. They had their audition on December 17 in NY and because it's new they decided to give out about 20ish? free full scholarship. Those 20ish kids who get chosen become their guinea pigs if you understand what I mean. And I believe there is about more than 4 non asians enrolled. They all have a Facebook and their profiles are up as well on there. What's your friend's name? Yoon? I think he's the only Korean boy in there and he's 15. But I'm actually not sure. I used to follow information about HITSNY because I spent nearly 4 months on it only to find in the end I got rejected which I am still disappointed so I stop looking at their page.

Anyways, even though I hate them for rejecting me, I still like them so I don't want some bad rumor about HITSNY to ruin my dream of attending there. Someday. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

^ Nah my friends name is Erik and he is 19 years old. I think it's not HITSNY....Probably one of those fake Kpop Academies he got scammed into.

Guest starzXshinee

That is true. I was e-mailed for the pre-register if I wanted to join. Basically I did not have to go through auditions or the 50$ or so registration fee. I asked if I could pay the tuition monthly due to money issues and I was not about to get 5000$ within 5 days. [i get the e-mail 5 days before the pre-registration deadline =_=]

And they told me I had to pay an addition 150$-250$ if I wanted to pay off the tuition monthly. Total rip off.

Guest cleanchees

^ Nah my friends name is Erik and he is 19 years old. I think it's not HITSNY....Probably one of those fake Kpop Academies he got scammed into.

Uhm if he got to go there for free, he's not exactly getting scam.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Uhm if he got to go there for free, he's not exactly getting scam.

It was only free for a month though.

Archived