East Asian genetic relationships

Guest AltaicTiger

Guest AltaicTiger

New genetic study
Rules:

No trolling and racism should be allowed. This is a scientific study by geneticists. 

Source: http://www.plosone.o...al.pone.0029502

geneticmap1.png

Identification of Close Relatives in the HUGO Pan-Asian SNP Database

The HUGO Pan-Asian SNP Consortium has recently released a genome-wide dataset, which consists of 1,719 DNA samples collected from 71 Asian populations. For studies of human population genetics such as genetic structure and migration history, this provided the most comprehensive large-scale survey of genetic variation to date in East and Southeast Asia. However, although considered in the analysis, close relatives were not clearly reported in the original paper. Here we performed a systematic analysis of genetic relationships among individuals from the Pan-Asian SNP (PASNP) database and identified 3 pairs of monozygotic twins or duplicate samples, 100 pairs of first-degree and 161 second-degree of relationships. Three standardized subsets with different levels of unrelated individuals were suggested here for future applications of the samples in most types of population-genetics studies (denoted by PASNP1716, PASNP1640 and PASNP1583 respectively) based on the relationships inferred in this study. In addition, we provided gender information for PASNP samples, which were not included in the original dataset, based on analysis of X chromosome data. 

Basically what the chart shows is that Koreans are the most pure Northeast Asian (Altaic peoples), whereas Han Chinese are very diverse. Japanese are different from Koreans in that the Japanese are dragged more towards South Asians. 

This is because of the Aboriginals of Japan (the Jomon) who are similar to Negritos (Y-DNA haplogroup D carriers) and South Asian Indians. 

Recent genetic admixture chart

200r4nd.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest monkeyinabarrel

Honestly I'm really not that surprised. South East Asia has been invaded by Chinese probably and also the Spanish/French came. Though I would have never thought Cambodia is more mixed than Vietnam. Korea as far as I remember Japanese never lived there and brought a few Koreans to Japan.

Guest AltaicTiger

Honestly I'm really not that surprised. South East Asia has been invaded by Chinese probably and also the Spanish/French came. Though I would have never thought Cambodia is more mixed than Vietnam. Korea as far as I remember Japanese never lived there and brought a few Koreans to Japan.

Chinese are also quite mixed. Taiwanese and other Chinese from the south are more similar to eachother, but North Chinese are more similar to Northeast Asians (Koreans and Japanese). 

Japanese are more similar to South Asians (Indians). 

Cambodians are a mix of Southeast Asians and South Asians (Indians). 

Chinese are also quite mixed. Taiwanese and other Chinese from the south are more similar to eachother, but North Chinese are more similar to Northeast Asians (Koreans and Japanese). 

Japanese are more similar to South Asians (Indians). 

Cambodians are a mix of Southeast Asians and South Asians (Indians). 

maybe the original inhabitants / Indigenous people that were in Japan first

but your average Japanese looks nothing like an Indian racial stock

Guest AltaicTiger

The original post reminds me of another troll thread in another forum.......

I said no trolls are allowed, so I don't see how anyone is trolling in this thread except you. 

I'm just providing an explanation from the latest genetic study on East Asians. Perhaps you are a troll for not even contributing to discuss the topic...

maybe the original inhabitants / Indigenous people that were in Japan first

but your average Japanese looks nothing like an Indian racial stock

True, the majority of the Japanese look Mongoloid/East Asian. However they are mixed with them. 

For example:

Shimoji Isamu (100% Japanese)

shimoji.isamu.jpg

This guy is 100% Japanese. Obviously his South Asian blood is from the Indigenous Jomon people of Japan. 

Guest Dara-chan

Very insightful ^_^

@ o_______O These studies help historians. Such as, if I were a historian studying the migratory patterns of early civilizations this information would probably help me in my research :D

Guest AltaicTiger

What's the purpose of these statistics..?

To explain East Asian genetic relationships so that people can become aware why different ethnic groups have different characteristics (phenotypes) and the genetic relationships between different ethnic groups in Asia. 

Guest AltaicTiger

Very insightful ^_^

@ o_______O These studies help historians. Such as, if I were a historian studying the migratory patterns of early civilizations this information would probably help me in my research :D

This genetic study shows that genetics are a result of both geographical location and the effects of intermixing with local populations.

Guest AltaicTiger

This would makes sense why North Chinese look similar to Koreans in terms of appearances.

Only the Northern Chinese from Shandong and more north towards Manchuria look more similar to Koreans/Japanese. However most Han Chinese are closer to Southeast Asians when compared to Koreans. 

Japanese are closer to South Asians (Indians). The explanation is that the Japanese natives (the Jomon) had darker skin and Dravidian/Australoid features. 

Only the Northern Chinese from Shandong and more north towards Manchuria look more similar to Koreans/Japanese. However most Han Chinese are closer to Southeast Asians when compared to Koreans. 

Japanese are closer to South Asians (Indians). The explanation is that the Japanese natives (the Jomon) had darker skin and Dravidian/Australoid features. 

the Japanese that are closely related to the Jomon are not the majority though, you sound like your saying all Japanese are direct decendent of the Jomon?

seems like the Jomon are more of a ethnic minority of Japan

Guest Naked-Fanatic

Basically what the chart shows is that Koreans are the most pure Northeast Asian (Altaic peoples), whereas Han Chinese are very diverse. Japanese are different from Koreans in that the Japanese are dragged more towards South Asians. 

This is because of the Aboriginals of Japan (the Jomon) who are similar to Negritos (Y-DNA haplogroup D carriers) and South Asian Indians. 

Recent genetic admixture chart

*quoted image*

In another forum like this one, I saw a lot of racist threads that start with this type of post with the same kind of charts.

Fortunately, soompiers aren't as argumentive as the other forumers are.

And I just said that your post reminds me of the hundreds of trouble threads that I saw in the other forum. I didn't say that you were trolling. There's no need to accuse people of trolling if you have nothing else to say.

Guest AltaicTiger

the Japanese that are closely related to the Jomon are not the majority though, you sound like your saying all Japanese are direct decendent of the Jomon?

seems like the Jomon are more of a ethnic minority of Japan

Nearly all Japanese are mixed with Jomon to some degree. 

The Jomon are both an ethnic minority and genetic contributors to the modern Japanese population. The Jomon exist as the Amamians, Ainu, Okinawans, Miyakoans, Yaeyamans and Yonagunians, and partially some Japanese themselves. 

Guest koreanballads

So now there's scientific evidence for why non-Korean Asiatic groups exhibit greater variations in phenotypes?  Because of the greater genetic mixture, which isn't as prevalent in Koreans?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

"100% pureblooded Korean" actually makes some sense now.

Guest venus17

interesting, thank you for posting! :) 

to the person who asked for the point of this thread - what is the point of you being on this thread? quit trolling.

Guest koreanballads

interesting, thank you for posting! :) 

to the person who asked for the point of this thread - what is the point of you being on this thread? quit trolling.

Koreans believe in the purity of their race.  Now there seems to be scientific evidence for this (I could be wrong). This is intimidating or otherwise offensive to some peoples sensibilities.

Guest venus17

Koreans believe in the purity of their race.  Now there seems to be scientific evidence for this (I could be wrong). This is intimidating or otherwise offensive to some peoples sensibilities.

I don't get how that would be offensive or intimidating. I'm Korean but I've never prided in myself for being 'pure', sounds weird anyway.

Btw, you're from Bundang? I used to live there! 

Archived