Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to lose shoulder muscles?

hoa_mayhoa_may Posts: 106Member
edited February 2012 in fitness & sports
I'm a girl and I have really hard shoulder muscles that just make me look so manly. There could a be a bit of shoulder fats as well but as far as I'm concerned, I just want to get rid of the hard muscle lumps on my shoulders. In fact, one shoulder has bigger muscles than the other (urgg!). My shoulders look really manly, especially when looking at my back!

Anyone has any tips on how to lose them? I probably got them from carrying heavy backpack loads.

Replies

• xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,724Member

IDOL

you can't really loose muscles like you loose fat. Tried toning those muscles?
  • kangta26kangta26 Posts: 276Member

ROOKIE

The more physical work you do.. the more you'll develop your shoulder muscles.. if you don't lift, do weights, or carry heavy things.. they should get weaker on their own.. but then usually turn into fat, unless you cut you calories.. sometimes it's body type.. your genetics pre-dispose you to having more muscular build??? 
  • my_monkeymy_monkey Posts: 429Member

ROOKIE

kangta26 wrote on 17 February 2012 - 03:37 PM:

The more physical work you do.. the more you'll develop your shoulder muscles.. if you don't lift, do weights, or carry heavy things.. they should get weaker on their own.. but then usually turn into fat, unless you cut you calories.. sometimes it's body type.. your genetics pre-dispose you to having more muscular build??? 

Muscles don't turn into fat. I think its your genetic makeup that makes your shoulders have bigger muscles. I'd trade you so I don't have to work so hard for my shoulders to be big. If you haven't try doing cardio like jogging to loose some fat and see if your shoulders are smaller from fat loss. Avoid lifting heavy stuff.
     http://rockkey.deviantart.com/

instagram.com/dinosoursandturtles
  • kangta26kangta26 Posts: 276Member

ROOKIE

my_monkey wrote on 23 February 2012 - 07:24 PM:

Muscles don't turn into fat.  I think its your genetic makeup that makes your shoulders have bigger muscles.  I'd trade you so I don't have to work so hard for my shoulders to be big.  If you haven't try doing cardio like jogging to loose some fat and see if your shoulders are smaller from fat loss.  Avoid lifting heavy stuff.

my mistaken quote.. muscle cells don't turn into fat cells.. , but instead i should say muscles will atrophy/waste, become more compact... and eventually fat cells will replace lean muscle tissue.. same thought though.. just like if a weight lifting has big chest and if he stops working out they will turn triangular "man boobs".. or if a person's biceps is huge.. and they stop working out.. arm will look fat.. sorry.. kinda same thought :D..

• azn3dvietboyazn3dvietboy Posts: 489Member
    i want bigger shoulders.... ;(
  • cupkakeeatercupkakeeater Posts: 145Member

ROOKIE

I have the same problem as well :L mine's not genetic though, my mum is pretty small and my dad isn't that broad shouldered...I think maybe its because of carrying our heavy bags to school everyday :L If only my school laptop wasn't so heavy :L
    Take a cup of Coffee and play Starcraft with your Geeky tutor, go Against the world with your 5 boyfriends while Welcoming back a loved one. 

• jackalan996jackalan996 Posts: 4New Member
    edited March 2012
    i think you can get rid of from your muscles until you reduce your fat.
    doing exercise to reduce the fat and weight.
    neglect oily and fat foods.
    go on walk regularly for 1 km....
    eat vegetables mostly in a day...
    i hope it will change your body shape and your life style...

Fitness Boot Camp San Diego
  • loop.statementloop.statement Posts: 62Member

TRAINEE

edited March 2012
    i hope you are not a swimmer? because my friends that do competitive swimming have very "manly" shoulders. Many of them can rest a cup of hot coffee on their shoulder @__@ Thats hardcore their shoulders are.
  • EclecticEclectic lvl 1 red mage limboPosts: 2,213Member

SUPERSTAR

hoa_may wrote on 01 February 2012 - 02:51 PM:

In fact, one shoulder has bigger muscles than the other (urgg!). My shoulders look really manly, especially when looking at my back!

do you, by chance, play a racquet sport?

also, having strong muscles is a good thing. it fires up your metabolism and just makes life (physically) easier in terms of effort/exertion
    “Idealism is what precedes experience. Cynicism is what follows.”
  • kellycaskellycas Posts: 2New Member
    edited January 2013
  • kellycaskellycas Posts: 2New Member

i have exactly the same problem. i also thought my one shoulder muscle was bigger than the other but it turned out that the shoulder wasn't bigger, i was just holding my one shoulder a bit higher than the other one because i carry my heavy school bag on one shoulder, so the "bigger" shoulder was trying to compensate.
    hoa_may said:
    In fact, one shoulder has bigger muscles than the other (urgg!). My shoulders look really manly, especially when looking at my back!

• bradley123bradley123 Posts: 10Member
    Cardio is really useful when trying to lose weight, but you should definitely mix in jogging with your daily walk to work not jog to work...
    bradley123