Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valentine's Day Projects ;)

Poop-Shoop-A-LoopPoop-Shoop-A-Loop ^ xoxo esoteric. <3Posts: 5,510Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited January 2012 in arts, crafts, & home
These are all projects I've come across that I plan on trying out for Valentine's Day. Feel free to post your own Valentine Projects/Cards and/or any fun tutorials you find ^_^

Celtic%20Heart%20Knot.jpg
Celtic Heart Knot

lightomlbulb.jpg
Valentine Light Bulb

Valentine+card+2011+3.jpg
Valentine+card+2011+2.jpg
Valentine's (Photo) Card
^I find this totally adorable :)

valentine+arrows+027.JPG
Valentine Arrows

--
I haven't made Valentine Cards for a few years now but here are some my cousin&i made back in high school for Big Bang.. :P

(I feel totally old for saying "back in high school".. Lol)

[Cover]

m131318642.jpg

m131318598.jpg

m131318592.jpg

m131318662.jpg

[Inside]

m131318670.jpg

m131318653.jpg

m131318589.jpg

m131318584.jpg

m131318581.jpg
I, Poop-Shoop-A-Loop, are King of the [stupid people] world [which does not exist].
[ theSHOP ]
.tumblr // redballoon
Y G F A M I L Y : O N E LV E
[Deleted User]fabrications.lovelettersmiddaydreamer

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0

TRAINEE

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    “She won’t be the one to take your walls down, but instead, lets you in past hers … leading you away from your own.” - Mason Thac
  • ilovemesomekoreanilovemesomekorean JapanPosts: 1,945Member
    Those lollipop pictures are pretty cool. lol. and i really like the light bulb. haha I think i want to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing!
    "Unless Someone Like You Cares A Whole Awful Lot, Nothings Going To Get Better. It's Not." ~ Dr. Seuss
  • sallyensallyen Posts: 1,115Member

IDOL

Even though I'm single, I'll try to make something for Valentine.
    The bulb is really cute!!! ~~ so I might do that one.. but where to get a block of wood lol
  • zhuogeniezhuogenie Posts: 17Member
    edited January 2012
    This is my favorite Message in a Bottle DIY. It's so pretty and vintage-inspired. And it looks easy to make it. The youtube video is from: CreativeKelly4rmCali
    messageki.jpg

Here is the LINK.
    Octopus__swtaznangelfabrications.kiHyuN
  • Poop-Shoop-A-LoopPoop-Shoop-A-Loop ^ xoxo esoteric. <3 Posts: 5,510Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited January 2012
    ^ That's freaking cute!

vanessa_x17 wrote on 29 January 2012 - 09:57 AM:

the arrows and light bulbs are so cute.
    i came across this:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Wow that's nice, I've always wanted to try quilling

sallyen wrote on 29 January 2012 - 08:09 PM:

Even though I'm single, I'll try to make something for Valentine.
    The bulb is really cute!!! ~~ so I might do that one.. but where to get a block of wood lol

I bought my block of wood from Michael's but it's really small (2" block.. or is it 1 1/2"?) so I ended up getting a small bulb too, haha.

I'm gonna attempt to make it tomorrow , I'll share my results later =D

And you dont have to be taken to make V-day gifts guys :D
    Make it for your best friend, sibling, family,close friends.. or.. ask someone to be your valentine for fun! ; )
    I, Poop-Shoop-A-Loop, are King of the [stupid people] world [which does not exist].
    [ theSHOP ]
    .tumblr // redballoon
    Y G F A M I L Y : O N E LV E
  • soompsoomp "that's soomptastic!" soompitown!Posts: 1,456Administrator

ADMIN

these are so cute! i'm going to do the kid holding the lollipop one for my son's class this year :D
    Now watching: You're All Surrounded
    Octopus__
  • reiiinareiiina Posts: 3New Member
    Those are such cute ideas!
    @ Poop-Shoop-A-Loop the cards are super cute

this is what I made for my boyfriend for Valentine's ^^
    tumblr_lyjtuvjlj91r1681bo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1328081461&Signature=3xx9b6qxt8U3q1LELE%2FKug2YabQ%3D
  • yougivemehappinessyougivemehappiness Posts: 2New Member
    edited February 2012
    lol at the mashi maro card. super cute~!

1hb8kl.jpg
    jinnysarang
  • melkimxmelkimx momoPosts: 6,099Administrator

ADMIN

^ that is really adorable and shows tons of dedication! how lucky your best friend will be to receive a cute mailbox with 26 handwritten letters inside...

• angelic_diabloangelic_diablo ~*Stuck in DRAMAVILLE*~ *~my own world~*Posts: 3,452Member

IDOL

I don't normally give out it gifts on vday cos it just happen to be my bday too but still wanted to give my "friend" something..

Mailbox Card. Got the idea from Martha Steward's site and thought it was super cute so I made my own version. 
    MailCard.jpg

What's Valentine without chocolates? I filled this Bunny (cos that's what he calls me) bag with chocolate hearts and kisses.
    BunnyBag.jpg

He likes Christina Perri's Jar of Heart so I decided to fill a jar with my heart :P I made these love coupons which he can redeem even after valentine.

JarofHearts.png

Something I stole from here sweatingbullets.gif The mailbox idea. I love it so much I decided to make my own (where I live they don't sell these shape) so I can put everything in it. 
    VMail.jpg
    P/s: If anyone is interested in the mailbox tutorial, I'd be happy to share. I happen to snap pictures while making them.
    melkimxdream_onmyGLAMrockspervertfabrications.&lt;Soojin&gt;da-chanLove_Lightssquare.&lt;3goesDOKIDOKIcinjinjinnysarangkiHyuNKeso &amp;#9829;
  • Lacey.Lacey. ♪♬♪♬ ♥ Posts: 414Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    Picked up these cute tin mailboxes from Target for $1 each. It's hard to see but I decorated it with Valentines Day ribbon from Michaels for about $1-$1.50 per roll (at 40% off each). Once I finish all the mailboxes I'll post better pictures. (:

b0c7152e522811e1abb01231381b65e3_6.jpg
    sara-tart
  • angelic_diabloangelic_diablo ~*Stuck in DRAMAVILLE*~ *~my own world~*Posts: 3,452Member

IDOL

I received a few PMs asking how to make the mailbox so here's a tutorial. Sorry for the tons of image. I didn't wanna make a new thread just for it so I hope it's ok to post here. They're pretty simple to make but it just might take a bit of time.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

You can add ribbons, stickers, etc to make it prettier. I glued my flag on but you can use a paper fastener for a movable flag. Hope it helps :)
    melkimxdorkafied!fabrications.xstarBURSTSiweonnjinnysarang
  • vanilavheiivanilavheii Posts: 15Member
    oh dear, all of you were so cute! I especially love the mailbox one thanks for sharing :D so lucky I open this topic, usually just gave chocolate but now I have something new for my friends! <3

will try to make the heart origami and mashimaro too ~~
  • EvanescentEventsEvanescentEvents CanadaPosts: 65Member
  • bk1009xbk1009x Posts: 26Member
    love the "light of my life" light bulb idea.so cute!
  • tamandattamandat Posts: 5New Member
    love the ideas 
  • detoxmyroomdetoxmyroom Posts: 14Member
    Now I want a mailbox also...<3