Wall stickers

SunniRise

Have you used them?
I want to buy wall stickers that you can easily remove with a wet towel or something like that but I'm a bit skeptical.

If you have used them, were they easily removed? Did they leave marks or residue? What brand would you recommend and where did you buy them.

Thank you!!

Guest cherrierus

I've used them before and haven't had problems with it leaving residue.

I've used some from Ikea in my room a couple years ago. My wall was textured so some little pieces started to fall off. Not much though, the sticker still stayed on the wall for over a year. The design that time was branches with flowers and birds in the light grey.

I decided to buy some last year from Target to put in my dorm wall. The design was birds on a line. It was VERY cute but the walls were textured and the birds fell. I ended up buying ticky tack to help it stay on the wall.

This year I bought another set from Target and it's staying on my textured dorm wall very well. The sticker this time was much thinner. The past two times I bought wall decals, the stickers were much thicker.

Guest nobody knows

I've never used them on my wall, but I made some in high school

if you're skeptical about how it'll turn out, if there's small pieces (i.e. leaves, etc.), test it out on an area behind a couch or something

let's just say it took a while for the sticky residue to come off my phone though >:

I have them on my wall right now and it has been over 2 years since I put them up. The one from Ikea doesn't leave any residue but it started peeling after a year or so?? I just use prit stick to glue them back on. Lol~ The other I got from an ebay seller. Stuck to the wall and I've never tried taking them off so I don't know if it will leave any residue or not.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gabiemonster

You should try www.incrediline.com

Their wall decals are super easy to come off and you don't even need a wet towel... you can just peel & stick over and over again.

Their stuff is pretty cool too because their wall decals are white boards and if you call them, their white board "stickers" can be customizable to however you like. So you could decorate it in any way, all day, every day.

I'd like to use wall decals, but the place we are probably moving here has wallpaper (eck...) Can they be applied safely over wall paper? Or would it damage the paper when removing it?

Incrediline wall decals don't damage anything. Haha, you just need a flat surface and like I said, you peel and stick. It's literally the best buy I've had... other than my cellphone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest erico7

There is only one problem with stickers. When you remove it, the wall keeps the shape of the stickers with a clean mark. In the same way of cleantag for example. 

A friend told me about this french site, http://www.designetnous.com/. There are quite cool stickers.

There is only one problem with stickers. When you remove it, the wall keeps the shape of the stickers with a clean mark. In the same way of cleantag for example. 

A friend told me about this french site, http://www.designetnous.com/. There are quite cool stickers.

King of like a little watermark/discoloring or something like that. Hahah that would be funny. Hmmm I kind of want to make my own now.. but I don't think that's possible hahaha.

• 1 month later...
Guest GreayMatter

Not at all! The Wall Sticker comes totally protected and can be used  whenever you wish. However, since it comes rolled, it is a good idea to  take it out of the tube and stretch it. Recommending  wall stickers for rentals is tricky - firstly you do not know how well  painted it is or whether it contains silicon/teflon etc and you most  certainly don't want to damage the walls!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest opulence21

i bought a wallsticker from marshalls in the homegoods section. haven't peeled it off but i know that it comes off easily when you want it to and doesn't leave any residues and you can reapply without worrying about it not being able to stay on your wall. i know that target, a.c.moore, marshalls and tjmaxx has some but i guess it depends on what designs you like :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aznanime16

I have wall stickers on my wall right now :)These are the ones I bought:JK5WG00Z.jpg
I got them off g-market for about $20 , but you can find them on ebay as well for around $15 ;D
They aren't "stickers" that leave a residue when you take them off.They are the ones that you can "peel off" and reuse them again over and over again :) 

• 8 months later...
Guest wallstickers

Buy your wall stickers from zabb.co.uk . They have a great selection and don't damage wallpaper or paint and leave no residue after removing them. They also last for very long time as they are so durable. Best wall stickers in the UK bar none. Here's an example of one of their classic map wall sticker:
world-map-with-markers-removable-wall-de

• 8 months later...
Guest vinilismo

It is always fun to have wall stickers on the wall.it looks cool and also doesn't look simple so it must have to be in your leaving room which create impression of style.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love my wall stickers as it gives my room some life, except I wish I chose a different colour scheme because I have pink blossoms across my wall with the design similar to the picture in Aznanime16's post. 
sigh* I dislike the colour pink but allwells :)

The only problem with these stickers is that in my attempt to take them off, the paint will also come off as well. Slightly frustrating as I know I have to repaint my wall if I wanted to take them down

Archived