What kind of foundation do you use?

Guest meilove

Guest meilove

Help me find the perfect foundation >__<"
I'm Vietnamese and my skin is olive-y kind of yellow-ish.

I've been searching for a long time for the perfect foundation color [1 shade lighter than my skin tone] and still haven't succeeded.

The reason for the 1 shade lighter thing is because I want my face to be brighter and obviously look paler.

I prefer powder OR cream-to-powder OR mousse. If you must suggest liquid then go ahead but I don't really prefer it.

This is what my skin looks like

10qlagj.jpg

34tagz5.jpg

if066r.jpg

I can look darker depending on the lighting & time of day...I know, weird.

Here are the brands which I've tried & failed:

drugstore : Loreal bare naturale, Maybelline dream matte mousse, Almay

high end: Bare Minerals, PurMinerals

I think I might've left some out, can't remember.

PLEASE LIST WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU, especially if you're asian with a slight yellow-ish undertone. Doesn't matter if it's drugstore or high end, just leave the price if you know it =)

Thank you so much!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WitchGoddess

Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua is my HG. It is a liquid foundation, but it actually sometimes dries out your skin unless you put moisturizer before it. It is a second year of perfect skin. I think its about $45 not including tax. A little pricey, but totally worth it. No other foundation really compares. Plus its medium to light coverage so it looks very natural.

If you want thicker, stronger coverage then there is Nars Sheer Glow which is around the same price.

just looking at your skin from the photos, there doesn't seem to be much you need to cover up with.

You might want to try bb cream instead. 

thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/235743-b-b-cream-aka-blemish-balm-2-hottest-foundation-trend-in-asia-last-update-25apr10/

Plus being an asian product, some do have that formula that makes you paler. 

your skin is pretty clear and doesn't seem to have needed color evening. kinda jelly, (skin used to be like that and now i'm breaking out and scarring on my chin)

anyways, I use Teit Ultra Freshwear. it's a lightweight liquid so for me it's difficult to cake. i don't use mouse or cream because I think it's a heavy constancy and powder is just drying, but that's just my thing. What kind of layering are you looking for? light, medium or full coverage? what type is your skin also oil/dry/combo? the Lancome Freshwear is 32.

bb cream is a good recommendation, only downside is that you can't have a person brush it on for you so you have to guess via palette and reviews online. One time I bought bb cream and it was a gray ish champagne color. -.- beware since bb cream is targeted to women with already fair skin you might look like a ghost. and bb cream is just as costly as foundation so choose wisely.

Guest meilove

oh thanks for asking I totally forgot to tell you guys my skin type =__=

It's combo. Oily T-zone.

and I'm looking for a light coverage. Just to even out my skintone & make it look smoother. I feel that some parts of my face is darker than others.

I've tried a BB cream before & I don't really like it, feels like it'll melt off my face in the summer =(

I'm not sure if it would be considered "cream to powder" - but I know it starts as a cream and is pretty lightweight! Armani Face Fabric is one of my must-have 'foundations'! The reason for the '' is because it's almost like a tinted moisturizer! It is $48, but well worth it - apply using your fingers and it's undetectable! I use shade 4, and it is lighter than my skin tone, but I set it with a powder that is darker so it evens out. If you like it lighter, then just use a translucent powder, or w/e. You will need a powder if you are oily, since it's not lasting without it, as it is very sheer.

Right now, I'm using Armani Lasting Silk Foundation, and I love it - it stays the whole day from 7AM through 10PM for me, with just a little dusting of powder (at the moment using Guerlain Meteorites. The foundation is really natural looking - I stipple it on using Shiseido's perfect foundation brush. I wear shade 5 and it's a little light since it's more pink toned. If you are yellow toned, use 5.5 (or any shade with a 0.5, since it denotes yellow-based tones). I only use 5 since I feel too much yellow makes me look dead. It's heavier than the Face Fabric, but since it's winter, it works.

I bought the Lasting Silk Foundation, since I loved YSL's tent resist - virtually same finish and long wear formula, but YSL has more silicone which makes me break out if I wear it two days in a row. Lasting Silk Foundation doesn't break me out, and I wear Guerlain's primer underneath!

Hope that helps!

The Yves Saint Laurent's Teint Radiance is a personal favorite of mine because it feels really light on the face but has good coverage, plus it gives a nice flawless finish. A friend of mine also has oily t-zone and loves it. It's a bit pricey but it's a great foundation. I use it with a stippling brush and it blends really well.

Guest azn&luvit

I stopped using Foundation (last one i used was Laneige Barnd. ).

I stopped using it because i bought a bb cream and it is call Mamonade.

I really like it a lot, makes my face look natural and brighten my face. (i have a little tan skin btw)

Plus it is a mineral and it has 25 spf or 20 spf.

31v3C2styNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Guest dorkhead

I myself use bb cream lioele beyong the solution, but i have a really fair skin. Do keep in mind to NOT go a shade lighter than your own skin UNLESS you plan to use the foundation on your neck as well. There isnt anything more uglier than when the face skin is lighter than the neck because a wrong colored foundation.

Guest Shona-z

The only foundation that works great with my skin is the Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Foundation. I usually apply it it with a wet face sponge, it leaves a natural feel to the face and since the product is oil base it does not dry up as the day goes on.

758442.jpg

If anyone has a better product please do tell, it time for me to buy a new foundation and I would hear what's out there. thanks

You skin looks good! But if you really want a foundation, try a compact bb cream (missha has one) or bobbi brown's stick foundation (which is really creamy) or simply bobbi brown cream foundation. Bobbi brown has incredible cream foundations so check them out!

The only foundation that works great with my skin is the Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Foundation. I usually apply it it with a wet face sponge, it leaves a natural feel to the face and since the product is oil base it does not dry up as the day goes on.

*quoted image*

If anyone has a better product please do tell, it time for me to buy a new foundation and I would hear what's out there. thanks

i thought this product dicontiuned o.o its not on sale in hong kong no more =3=;;

Guest meilove

thanks. i hope to go to sephora soon and check out the foundations. idk why i'm so against liquid foundations, they just feel heavy and "not dry" as if i'd get it on a shirt or napkin if i were to press or rub it lightly across my face >_<

Guest sakumar

I noticed you mentioned that you have tried BB creams before and that you didn't like them.  So my question is which ones have you tried?  Some of them are a lot nicer on faces than others.  I also believe there are also BB cream cakes (not sure what to call them) like the Missha Swirl BB Sun Balm.  I personally have not tried it, but I currently own a Missha BB product and I adore it.  I think I may have seen one for Etude House or Skin Food, but I can't seem to find the site that I found the other cake products.

Edit: SKIN79 offers cakes too!

Guest missaque

P236003_hero.jpg

This is the most amazing foundation I have ever tried! I know you said you don't like liquid, but this feels really light on my skin and I've never tried anything that feels and looks so natural.

It's a hefty price of $42, but a little goes a long way. I've had it for six months and I'm not even halfway through the bottle.

It's called Fresh Umbrian Clay foundation.

(I have yellow-sh undertones and I use Cloudy Bay which is meant for light skin with yellow undertones. They've definitely got the yellow undertones down. It's not too overbearing as I've experienced with some other yellow-toned foundations.)

Guest amelia170

*quoted image*

This is the most amazing foundation I have ever tried! I know you said you don't like liquid, but this feels really light on my skin and I've never tried anything that feels and looks so natural.

It's a hefty price of $42, but a little goes a long way.  I've had it for six months and I'm not even halfway through the bottle.  

It's called Fresh Umbrian Clay foundation.

(I have yellow-sh undertones and I use Cloudy Bay which is meant for light skin with yellow undertones.  They've definitely got the yellow undertones down.  It's not too overbearing as I've experienced with some other yellow-toned foundations.)

Thanks for this rec ... I have been using Bobbi Brown b/c it also tends to have yellow undertones 

http://beauty.lovelyish.com/711636030/foundation-for-yellow-skin-tones/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 3lumariness

Your skin looks nice...I agree, I don't think you need much foundation. But as for me, I need coverage due to my uneven skin tone and old acne scars. I've tried many products but I find myself returning back to Bobbi Brown's oil-free even finish compact foundation, which I love! I think sells for somewhere around $40 to $45. Good luck finding the right foundation!

Guest fleurhime

you can try everyday minerals base, they have so many colors to choose.

or a bb cream, try Liole bb cream/ Lioele dollish vita bb, it makes your face look brighter and doesn't DEWY like other bb cream.

If you want the review, you can check out my site (cominica.net)

hope it helps you dear 。◕‿◕。 ,,good luck ♥

Archived