Plastic Surgery in Korea

Guest saubert

Guest saubert

determined to get it done; need advice on clinics and price
Hey guys,

FIRSTLY, I am 100% DETERMINED and set on the idea of getting plastic surgery in Korea. PLEASE PLEASE refrain from posting responses about how I should reconsider because of risks and/or everyone-should-be-happy-with-themselves. I've thought through all that and I'm pretty sure I want to go ahead with this.

That being said, I'm a 20 year old male (non-Asian) hoping to go to Korea next year to get nose surgery and jaw surgery. I have a bump on my nose that I want to get straightened out and my nose bone is some-what wide in the middle so I want to get that thinned. Secondly, I want to get a jaw reduction surgery/cheek adjustment where my jaw looks more defined and my cheeks look more raised (if anything, I just want my face shape altered and my cheeks don't have to be done, but I think botox works on cheeks or something).

I'm wondering if ANYONE -- whether you heard it from friends/relatives/that girl down the street -- knows anything about clinics and/or prices in Korea. Also, if anyone has knowledge of people who got these two surgeries done, PLEASE SHARE. I'm looking for insightful posts and not "I heard this girl got work done and her nose is ugly imo" ㅡㅡ;;

I'm gong to start doing my research soon and I know soompi is a great place to start. Does anyone know any good clinics and most importantly, prices? I know nose surgery goes for about $3,000 USD and jaw surgery for about $7,000 USD. Does that sound correct? I know most people also say that Korean surgeons mostly can only work on Asian noses since they know those better than other types, but I know there are foreign-oriented clinics in Seoul that have great surgeons for all types of noses.

Thanks~

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I don't know anything about those surgeries, but yesterday I found this forum when I was looking for info on eyelid surgery:

http://forum.purseblog.com/health-and-fitness/

They have a thread discussing different clinics as well as one focused on nose jobs, I think that will be more helpful for you.

Guest monkeyinabarrel

...how does jaw reduction make a jaw more defined? I thought it made the jaw softer (from previous threads of before and after).

The only person I've read about doing extensive surgery is this girl http://evonnz.com/2010/06/25/chinese-girl-looks-like-angela-baby-after-plastic-surgery/

Well other than Dawn Yang but apparently some of it was done badly

Edit: one thing I did read about jaw reduction is that your face or jaw gets colder easily (its in the first few pages of the jaw reduction thread)

Guest c.odette

is your jaw reduction pure aesthetic or is it partly medical? 

I ask because if you are 'correcting' your jaw, you will need braces beforehand to prep. It's actually one of the more common surgeries done in hospitals. If you're in the UK, then it is actually covered by the NHS because it is a medical and necessary surgery, so it the government will pay for you.

Guest sallyen

Jaw reduction usually make your face more oval? Doesn't that make your face softer opposed to defined?

_

Sorry I can't help you with the price thing.. but I can tell you a little about my surgery:

I got double jaw surgery done in August (correct bite) and it was the best decision of my life ^_^

I got my lower jaw reduced and the upper jaw advanced. If you going to have a jaw surgery like mine, your cheeks automatically appear fuller. Also sometimes people who got a bump on their nose, it straightens after the surgery. Your nose might widen (alars) from the advancement of your upper jaw, but you're going for a nose-job too so it shouldn't be a problem?

Recovery really depends on people; mine was fairly quickly and I was eating sort-of regularly by the tenth week, but it really depends on the person. Some are just luckier than others. In the beginning I was numb in the chin area and gums, but not anymore. It's still weird to touch it, but you hardly notice it anymore. Cold/warm weather feels odd, but it's really no big deal.

My surgery was pretty invasive and I think more so than jaw reducing, so I think you'll be alright.

Good luck :-)

Good for you!  If anything, it seems like the tbjngs you want done are not too drastic.  The jaw reduction could be done with a couple units of botox in the jaw muscle. One of my girlfriends got that and her face DID slim down a lot and her cheeks seem more prominent (unless she got fillers there lol). A lot of celebrities get the botox done in the jaw for the V-line effect.

I had some juvederm injected to "raise" my nose tip a couple of months ago and it's starting to go down. You could definitely straighten out your bump with fillers, and permanent fillers are starting to be introduced. I've seen too many nose job horror stories to convince myself not to get one.

• 1 month later...
Guest dottywestlove

Hope I'm not too late but I've heard that the OZ cosmetic clinic is really good (http://drpark.co.kr/eng/index.htm)

also I've heard this one is pretty good too (http://english.bkclinic.com) I know that they both accept foreigners. Hope this helped :)

• 2 months later...
Guest Dollfie

Hi!

I have a cousin who went to Korea to get eyelid surgery and nose done. The eyelid surgery was ok, but the shape of her nose wasn't what she wanted so she had it done again. She said it was hard for her to communicate with the surgeons as most of them really do not speak basic English. I do not know the name of the clinic she went to though. Overall it was a OK experience for her.

This is totally out of topic, but why not try Bangkok for plastic surgery? Their plastic surgery there is really up-to-date and many people from US/Australia/Singapore/Malaysia go there to have surgeries done because it's SUPER CHEAP and provides top quality services. I mean have you seen the transsexual there, there are super hot - even prettier than some girls! :blink: I do a hospital to recommend in Bangkok, they speak English, the prices there are cheap and they are really efficient. My mother had her tummy tuck done there.

Check them out, they are really popular hospital in Bangkok. You can watch their tour video/check out their prices. http://destinationbeauty.com/

Hope I helped! :lol:

• 3 months later...
Guest saubert

I thought jaw reduction basically makes your face smaller, right? I guess at the same time I want it more defined.
I'm considering money spent as well. I think I'm okay with my jaw but really want nose surgery to get rid of the bump and make my profile more visually appealing. The bump definitely ruins it and I just want a straight nose.
I know I made this topic a while ago but I still come back to from time to time. I wonder if anyone knows any good places? I have a few friends in Korea I'm going to definitely ask too and when I go, have them be there with me to help me communicate.
My face is not a joke and I don't want to be dissatisfied 

Has anyone had medial epicanthoplasty, lateral canthoplasty, and/or rhinoplasty done in Korea?

How much did you pay for each procedure? If you can tell me whether or not you'd recommend the place you went to, that would be helpful as well.

Guest LadyWednesday

I applaud you for being so determined. I'm thinking of getting plastic surgery myself someday but never thought about going aboard to get procedures done. But now that you've made this thread, I'm thinking it might be a better idea to go aboard to an Asian country rather than get it done in the states (I'm Asian). 
I've also been interested in jaw surgery. Good luck with everything, please let everyone know how it goes!! :D

Guest faiela1430291668

What I find most annoying about these plastic surgery sites is that they never list their prices ... 

How much is it to get things done in Korea verse other countries?

Guest saubert

faiela said: What I find most annoying about these plastic surgery sites is that they never list their prices ... 

How much is it to get things done in Korea verse other countries?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest worriess

Hi Dear All Members Smile ,

Updates on Rib Rhinoplasty Revision with Taiwan Dr Kao Chuan Hsiang!

Dr Kao is a very Patience & Friendly dr. He isnt a very over sales business minded doctor, he will only advise his patients with the best necessary surgery and he is very honest to share all information about any complication and solution. Surprised

Silicone Removal Surgery (Worries)- I told him want a natural curve bridge with good nasal tip projection and my concern is silicone skin thinning issue. So Dr kao advise me to remove my silicone & remain my ear cartilage+Septal cartilage in my nasal tip for projection. He mention that my radix height is gd enough to support my nasal tip projection. During consultation, He agreed that i have a very small face profile which small nose suits me better. If i go for rib graft might be a waste for me because i only need 1mm height on dorsum augmentation. There won't be any nasal tip augmentation on as my nose tip already have septal & ear cartilage in it.

The only thing im worried about after implant removal i may face supra tip depression without implant replacement. Dr Kao again diagnose my nose seriously and he replied that i need not worry about my nose tip and he reassure me i wont have complication with it. His Only concern was he worried that i dont like my original nasal bridge height so he recommend me to do rib Rhinoplasty after silicone removal if i dislike my nose height after removal of implant.

He told me if after removal, i like my nose as what it is then i can just paid 10k NT ($424 sing dollar) for implant removal surgery.

This solution sounds goood fair me so i go ahead with it. Right after my silicone implant was removed, my skin thinning issue was resolved immediately,surgery was fast & i have no contracture issue, result of my nose indeed as gd as what he predicted. i love my new nose!

Freaking speaking i like his Honesty and he wasnt pushy. Most importantly he got a Very Good Aesthetic View. Embarassed

My Younger Brother Rib Rhinoplasty Surgery
My Bro went through total of 3 rhinoplasty surgery with different Dr.

First primary surgery was in SG - His Silicone L Implant shift and was remove after 2 weeks.

Sec Rhino was done in Taiwan Wishclinic Stupid Dr Chuang.

My Bro L implant silicone extruded after 1 yr post ops on beginning May 2012. My failed Evelid surgery was done by this idiot dr too! This irresponsible dr was not honest & over promising. Worst important thing is he only do what he likes on patients and refused to listen to his patients. Hence he got a very bad Aesthetic View and lousy skill!
This Taiwan trip we went to Look for him for Refund and he was very defensive and unwilling to do refund for us. So here, i have future planning to gather a group of forum member who face the same thing to lauch a complain in Singapore Embassy to take action against him in taiwan medical board soon.
DEAR ALL MEMBERS IF U R A VICTIM OF JIMMY CHUANG! I hope you r willing to join our group to lauch a complain against him. Dont let him enjoy earning a big buck there with lots of failed surgery done on Poor patients like us.... Mad

Final 3rd Rib Rhinoplasty By Dr Kao Chuan Hsiang

Dr Kao diagnose my bro have a crooked septal due to past silicone extrusion and there are alot of scar tissue around his nasal tip and asymmetrical nostril holes.. My bro has a short and upturned nose.

Dr Kao did my bro revision with perichondium to wrap on rib graft to repair scar tissue, fill up his pinched nose at upper lateral alar area as well to prevent rib graft from warping. Ear Cartilage was harvest to lengthen his nasal tip projection as my bro do not have enough septal cartilage for tip augmention because Jimmy chuang has removed too much septal cartilage from his previous nose surgery. Mad This is also one of the reason that cause my bro nose tip having pinched nose appearance! Columellar strut was pull out to give his nose a better tip projection too and nasal asymmetrical was corrected after the rib nose surgery. My Bro Rib Rhinoplasty Revision was a very successful surgery. He Is now very happy with his result, overall satisfaction was 95%..
Rib Wound was very small, its around 1cm long. Dr Kao use Suture buried stitching method. This is absolutely great for wound healing.

Please Read our Blog URL: Lovehttp://ourappreciation.wordpress.com
To view the rest of the photos, you may enter the Password: 2408

• 5 months later...
Guest lemoniscate

Thanks for sharing worriess!! how's your recovery going now? are you happy with your results 6 months on?

worriess said: Hi Dear All Members Smile ,

Updates on Rib Rhinoplasty Revision with Taiwan Dr Kao Chuan Hsiang!

Dr Kao is a very Patience & Friendly dr. He isnt a very over sales business minded doctor, he will only advise his patients with the best necessary surgery and he is very honest to share all information about any complication and solution. Surprised

Silicone Removal Surgery (Worries)- I told him want a natural curve bridge with good nasal tip projection and my concern is silicone skin thinning issue. So Dr kao advise me to remove my silicone & remain my ear cartilage+Septal cartilage in my nasal tip for projection. He mention that my radix height is gd enough to support my nasal tip projection. During consultation, He agreed that i have a very small face profile which small nose suits me better. If i go for rib graft might be a waste for me because i only need 1mm height on dorsum augmentation. There won't be any nasal tip augmentation on as my nose tip already have septal & ear cartilage in it.

The only thing im worried about after implant removal i may face supra tip depression without implant replacement. Dr Kao again diagnose my nose seriously and he replied that i need not worry about my nose tip and he reassure me i wont have complication with it. His Only concern was he worried that i dont like my original nasal bridge height so he recommend me to do rib Rhinoplasty after silicone removal if i dislike my nose height after removal of implant.

He told me if after removal, i like my nose as what it is then i can just paid 10k NT ($424 sing dollar) for implant removal surgery.

This solution sounds goood fair me so i go ahead with it. Right after my silicone implant was removed, my skin thinning issue was resolved immediately,surgery was fast & i have no contracture issue, result of my nose indeed as gd as what he predicted. i love my new nose!

Freaking speaking i like his Honesty and he wasnt pushy. Most importantly he got a Very Good Aesthetic View. Embarassed

My Younger Brother Rib Rhinoplasty Surgery
My Bro went through total of 3 rhinoplasty surgery with different Dr.

First primary surgery was in SG - His Silicone L Implant shift and was remove after 2 weeks.

Sec Rhino was done in Taiwan Wishclinic Stupid Dr Chuang.

My Bro L implant silicone extruded after 1 yr post ops on beginning May 2012. My failed Evelid surgery was done by this idiot dr too! This irresponsible dr was not honest & over promising. Worst important thing is he only do what he likes on patients and refused to listen to his patients. Hence he got a very bad Aesthetic View and lousy skill!
This Taiwan trip we went to Look for him for Refund and he was very defensive and unwilling to do refund for us. So here, i have future planning to gather a group of forum member who face the same thing to lauch a complain in Singapore Embassy to take action against him in taiwan medical board soon.
DEAR ALL MEMBERS IF U R A VICTIM OF JIMMY CHUANG! I hope you r willing to join our group to lauch a complain against him. Dont let him enjoy earning a big buck there with lots of failed surgery done on Poor patients like us.... Mad

Final 3rd Rib Rhinoplasty By Dr Kao Chuan Hsiang

Dr Kao diagnose my bro have a crooked septal due to past silicone extrusion and there are alot of scar tissue around his nasal tip and asymmetrical nostril holes.. My bro has a short and upturned nose.

Dr Kao did my bro revision with perichondium to wrap on rib graft to repair scar tissue, fill up his pinched nose at upper lateral alar area as well to prevent rib graft from warping. Ear Cartilage was harvest to lengthen his nasal tip projection as my bro do not have enough septal cartilage for tip augmention because Jimmy chuang has removed too much septal cartilage from his previous nose surgery. Mad This is also one of the reason that cause my bro nose tip having pinched nose appearance! Columellar strut was pull out to give his nose a better tip projection too and nasal asymmetrical was corrected after the rib nose surgery. My Bro Rib Rhinoplasty Revision was a very successful surgery. He Is now very happy with his result, overall satisfaction was 95%..
Rib Wound was very small, its around 1cm long. Dr Kao use Suture buried stitching method. This is absolutely great for wound healing.

Please Read our Blog URL: Lovehttp://ourappreciation.wordpress.com
To view the rest of the photos, you may enter the Password: 2408

• 2 months later...
Guest hanamakoto

I'm glad I found this forum, and I hope this one will be more honnest than purseforum (I got banned after posting a bad review about Vip clinic)

I had done 3rd rhinoplasty at Vip clinic, and it turned out really bad.plase read my next post

Guest hanamakoto

Hello,

I have been banned from purse forum and singapore expat because I wrote a bad reviews about VIP plastic surgery center in Apgujeong, korea.
suspicious clinic who use such marketing.

I would like to share my honnest review here :

1st consultation with joann, the english consultant :
She showed me photos of nose (before/after) and I was impressed.
Then the dr Song came and said I have breath problem, and the dr Lee will correct in the same time with rhinoplasty, for free.

Then she started to advise me many others operation, like eyebrow lift (i'm only 28) eyelid revision, fat graft, chin.. etc..

I refused at first but she insisted so much, saying I will look like a celeb .. i finally decided to go for operations, she said she make discount for me exceptionally.. pfff
Then the dr Lee came and had approved everything Joann advised.

Ok I then had boooked the surgeries the next day, after paying in cash (20.000 USD) I had test (blood, xrays..etc)

Operation day :
10.30 am waiting room and operated around 11.00am.
I woke up around 8PM !! GOSH !, complete traumatised, nausea, thristy by can't drink,Painful rib, blood in mouth, couldn't even speak ! Nightmare !
Next 7 days : antibiotic injection mroning.. injection at night.. painkillers pills..
Check up every morning with dr, painful to walk from the officetel to the clinic.
Then stiches out : Horror ! my nose is gigantic, I can't recognise myself. I panic and talk to dr who said it's swelling.

14 days post op : not much changes, I really started to panic at this point
 In my life, I have never saw such a failed surgery, it is not only ugly, but just ridiculous ! the cartilage implant was so big that it stretched my skin between eyes to the maximum. it was so painful !

I talk to the secratary (wife of dr lee) and talk to dr lee, they insisted that my nose will be beautiful , i just have to wait 1 year ??!! WHAT ?!

16 days, I have to take airplane, and return to my home country the next day.

2 month post, no changes, extravagent gigantic nose, crooked, bulbous, overprojected, too much elongated. I can't recognised my face, too much fat on forehead and cheeks ! my face looked so weird, I couldn't returned to work.I contacted them by email, and they keep replying to wait, at least 1 year.

3 month postop, no changes, I started to look for a revision, sending email to others clinics. I cut my hair and make bangs to hide my forehead.

4 months post op, no changes, I had book a revision with a clinic in Taiwan, and book the flight for next month.

5 months opst op, no change. consulation with the taiwanese surgeon.
Payment and operated the next day.
Walk up after surgery, no pain.

1 weeks took off stiches, and already happy with the result. The dr said the operation was a succes.

Today (2month post op) I'm satisfied with the result so far.

Guest Buns1430292535

For plastic surgery in Korea, it is good to go for clinics such as: 
Regen Plastic Surgery
Grand Plastic Surgery
ID Plastic Surgery Clinic  (famous for jaw reduction) 
Wonjin Plastic Surgery Clinic
You can have a price quotation from these clinics through their website. 
You should book your hotel at gangnum-gu since these clinics are all located at this area. Check out on expedia for accommodations at gangnum-gu. 
Otherwise, i heard that Sunshine Hotel is good for budgeted travellers (Clean rooms & good hygiene) 

Archived