Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accepted then Cancelled & Made to Reapply Again

riaeriae BostonPosts: 15Member
edited January 2012 in school zone
URRRRGGGHHHH
I graduated from a 2 year community college and applied at a University that has a joint admission program with the college I graduated from. That means, I am guaranteed to get into the college with a minimum of a 2.5. Which I am qualify for. Here's the complicated part. I attended the 4 year college for a semester before deciding that it's best that I take all my classes at a 2 year community college. I graduated recently and applied at the 4 year college through the joint admission program. I got accepted and by the second week of December I found out that they cancelled my application EVEN after I got a letter of acceptance. So I called different people up and they keep on transferring me to one department to another. I finally got a hold of someone who told me that because I attended the college before back in 09 I have to reapply as a "readmit' student. So that means I have to do the application all over again when I was informed that I would be accepted as a "readmit" student by the transfer advisor from the beginning.

I'm really frustrated that they misinformed me about my status as a readmit student, and then go on to cancelled my application and make me fill out a readmit form. School is back in session in 10 days and I haven't heard from them. I fill out a readmit form on Monday so I know it's going to take some time. However, I am so stress out about not being able to attend college this semester due to their fault for not filing it correctly in the first place and informing me how to fill out the necessary paperwork.

Oh and they were rude on top of that. The people at this school really doesn't care about students. :angry: I wish I can secretly record them and show to the people how rude and nasty some of the school staffs are.

Replies

• orangemanorangeman Posts: 2,643Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited January 2012
    When I was filling out applications a few years back, the first few questions asked if I have ever attended the school before. Did you not catch that part? 
  • riaeriae BostonPosts: 15Member
    edited January 2012
    Um. I told them I attended the school before. I even gave them my old school I.D. They look up the few classes that I took during that year. I was told that I would be consider a Readmit student. So I thought it was going to be all fine. Then they say because I have been gone for two years, I need to reapply as a readmit student. They already knew my situation. Everything was out in the open.

Maybe I should have included this part in there...<_<

So that means I have to do the application all over again when I was informed that I would be accepted as a "readmit" student by the transfer advisor from the beginning.

Thought this was a giveaway about my situation. But I guess I have to go into details. :phew:
    Ohwell. I guess nothing much I can do but wait..

• orangemanorangeman Posts: 2,643Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited January 2012
    Don't have much to add since everything is in a pending state. Learn one thing when dealing with bureaucratic systems: it's always your fault. When some worker loses your documents or forgets to process something important, it's your fault. They really could not care less because eventually, you need their services and will have to admit being at fault. 

I wonder how cheap college tuition would be if some of those lifetime administrators were laid off or how many classes could have been saved if they chose a term professor over an office assistant hired to help an existing assistant. The Registrar's office at my school is in perpetual voice mail mode even though they are supposedly staffed during normal university hours. Most people call in urgent need but all they get is some stupid message at 2pm on a weekday.
  • riaeriae BostonPosts: 15Member
    Don't have much to add since everything is in a pending state. Learn one thing when dealing with bureaucratic systems: it's always your fault. When some worker loses your documents or forgets to process something important, it's your fault. They really could not care less because eventually, you need their services and will have to admit being at fault.

True. I've had so many encounters with lost documents from them. It's such a freakin' hassle and so stressful dealing with them and trying to argue with them. In the end I still have to get the documents resubmitted.

Someone should just sue them for causing unnecessary stress and losing or misplacing important documents. :fury: