Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Creative Zen Vision: M 30 GB MP3 and Video Player

chibifrychibifry Posts: 1,305Member
edited February 2006 in general discussion
Does anyone own this?
edited post -- here is my review, I did purchase the zen vision:M thanks to my super appa as a gift for valentine's day.

check out the full review in the pinned mp3 player review topic

Creative Zen Vision:M in Pink, $330 from Creative's website

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

My rating? I would love to give this player a 5/5 but I can't because of the video conversion - I just had a hard time with that. Why is it that my already WMV files must be converted? Also, the text really got to me. Somewhere I had read that .txt files would be supported, and I assumed that meant I could read text. I guess not. Im hoping some kind of new firmware will fix these problems.. But I must admit, I was soo impressed by my player - its so cute & wonderful T.T Thus I would give it a 4.8/5 image It definately deserves the CNet award!

Replies

• skwannabeskwannabe Noob Member GAPosts: 1,090Friend of Soompi
    well creative claimed that there zen vision m has more battery life when watching videos. im not sure if this is true or not. However if you really want to see videos than i think creative zen vision is bette for you. it accepts most popular video formats unlike apple, where you have to convert and after converting, sometimes it still dont accept it. so i would go with the creative. also doesnt it have more pixels than the video? i personally have a ipod 5g and really isnt a video player, i only watch mvs or dramas. i usually watch stuff from 5-60 minutes. after that im halfway or 2/3 done with my battery. so try creative. if its not good than return it.
  • __laine__laine Posts: 827Member
    it won the 2006 Consumers Electronic S_____ award for MP3 players haha. so it MUST be pretty good. the iPod video didn't win so uh there you go. plus the battery is longer. the ipod video has 2 hrs watching videos, and the zen has 4 hrs.

i want the Creative Zen Vision: M too. my ipod keeps breaking on me and i keep returning it to get it fixed. recently it broke too so i think its time for a new mp3 player.
  • XarthanXarthan 4 8 15 16 23 42 Posts: 1,810Friend of Soompi

IDOL

if u wanna buy it to watch videos, buy something else with a bigger screen.
  • chibifrychibifry Posts: 1,305Member
    edited February 2006
    Oh well, after 2 days of deciding (short o.O) I decided to finally buy it at its crazy price of $330 PINK VERSION!! YAY! I hate that its fat but .. sniff sniff, at least I will have 256k color as opposed to ipod's crappy 65k color.

whee! I'll review it for everyone when I get it ^^

ekekek kawaii *-* pink~~ and if I can, I'm going to get a nice case for it ^^
    IPB Image
  • itzxaxduckyitzxaxducky Posts: 159Member
    doesnt it have radio and recording while on ipod you need to buy add-ons..? and it does look cute =)
  • NASRI22NASRI22 Nasri 22", 48" +9:30GMTPosts: 911Member
    QUOTE(chibifry @ Feb 16 2006, 10:01 AM) »

I'm changing my player from an iRiver h10 5GB.

I really want video ability so I was looking at the Creative Zen Vision: M 30 GB MP3 and Video Player. However I noticed that
    1. Its more expensive than the ipod
    2. The design is less attractive than the ipod , in terms of thickness. I really do love the pink model though.

I compared the technical descriptions and they're basically the same. Can anyone tell me whats the difference (besides the brand & design) between the two? Has anyone had any technical difficulties with the Zen Vision M? I really don't like the fact that The Zen Vision :M is bulky - after having the very slim and pretty iRiver h10, I can't possibly downgrade. image

well first of all i'll tlel you why the Creative is better than the Apple:

Creative is better because...
    :they WONT get scratched within 5 secs of having it in your pocket (like the MANY MANY complaining customers with the 60GB Video ipod).. it has a easy to remove battery.. where as the ipod needs to be cracked open like a skull and you need lots and LOTS of skill to get it out. the apple doesnt hold it's beautiful looks for long enough .
  • XarthanXarthan 4 8 15 16 23 42 Posts: 1,810Friend of Soompi

IDOL

• happyroachhappyroach SoCalPosts: 1,846Member

TRAINEE

Wow that pink thing IS kawaii!!!! Haha now you make me wanna go get one -.-;;

Although...if you wanna watch videos, isn't the PSP better? The PSP screen is bigger and it's SO gorgeous. PLUS YOU GET TO PLAY GAMES <333333

Crappy battery life on the PSP though. Or so I heard

And you need to import one from Asia if you wanna get it in white hahaha. But in my opinion the white one is SO MUCH PRETTIER than the black.
    I miss soompi :<
  • NASRI22NASRI22 Nasri 22", 48" +9:30GMTPosts: 911Member
    QUOTE(happyroach @ Feb 16 2006, 05:33 PM) »

Wow that pink thing IS kawaii!!!! Haha now you make me wanna go get one -.-;;

Although...if you wanna watch videos, isn't the PSP better? The PSP screen is bigger and it's SO gorgeous. PLUS YOU GET TO PLAY GAMES <333333

Crappy battery life on the PSP though. Or so I heard

And you need to import one from Asia if you wanna get it in white hahaha. But in my opinion the white one is SO MUCH PRETTIER than the black.

yepp the PSP is better than the vision:m. The psp has a larger screen so it'll be more clear and higher res.
    if vision m had removable battery and alitte just alitte thinner than i would of bought it.. wow 256k !!!!!!!! thats the same as my cell phone and my cell phone has a beatiful screen! darn. PLEAS REVIEW IT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE!!
  • awdarkawdark Cookie Monster Southern CaliforniaPosts: 8,921Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE(skwannabe @ Feb 16 2006, 10:11 AM) »

if vision m had removable battery and alitte just alitte thinner than i would of bought it.. wow 256k !!!!!!!! thats the same as my cell phone and my cell phone has a beatiful screen! darn. PLEAS REVIEW IT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE!!

heck yeah image I dont like the fact that it doesnt have a removable battery too - Im really expecting a fracking hot mp3 player!

Also I read in fact the M is higher than 256K color image amazing!
    It supports more file extensions than the video ipod-- hehehe

About the scratchyness though. I read the black model scratches like the video ipod too, just a bit less. But no matter to me because I m getting the pink model ^^

Also the PSP is great but its designed for gaming, thats the main priority. Like for Creative, music is the main priority. so yah image
  • aAa M aAa N D aAaaAa M aAa N D aAa ?tHeoPhiLuS? Oregon:::USAPosts: 1,701Member
    hmm... i've been thinking about getting this too!!
    does this play avi. videos though??? that's really important XD
    the only problem with psp's is that it doesn't have enough memory...
    it comes with like 512 MB and my friend said that he bought 1 GB for $60?? $70??

^ YES IT PLAYS AVI!!! GET IT AND WRITE A REVIEW! and 256k !!! thats more than ipod video ! also some white ipod video's circle thingy is not centerd. mine isnt.. pretty annoying.
  • ~*Madelyn*~~*Madelyn*~ Posts: 41Member
    edited February 2006
    I own a creative zen vision m in black. Bought it for 250 brand new off of craigslist. I've had it for a week now, and so far its really great in my opinion. Granted I've never owned an ipod so I can't compare. But as far as all the things that it can do I really love it. I dont think the size is that big of a deal. The sound quality is great, and the pictures and video is superb. Can't complain about the FM radio, because so far when I listen to it, its real clear. Voice recorder comes in handy when I want to record lectures, it picks up sound well. The video player isnt restricted to purely mpeg4 like an ipod, so I can basically transfer all of my video files with no hassle. The thumb scroll is easy to use once you learn how to control the touch sensitivity of it. Battery = good. Overall, I really like. Its great, I use it all the time and I love it. Only thing I don't like about it is the earbuds that come with it because theyre too big, but I jsut solved that problem by replacing it with some sony fontopia earbuds
  • itzxaxduckyitzxaxducky Posts: 159Member
    ^ I have those headphones. Great if you wanna ignore everyone image
    damnit i want to return my ipod for a vision m now.... >.>
  • Poetic ProphetPoetic Prophet Notebook Dreamer UranusPosts: 940Friend of Soompi
    been talking about this for a long time...I cant wait to get one, but rent and food comes first.

Peace!
    "DJ Lyrakil-Saving Kitties since '05"

The Fudge-Midnight Requiem-I Remember}
    Rest in Peace, Grandma...Thank you for everything (1922-2005)
  • pingkix118pingkix118 ATL.GAPosts: 449Member
    as of right now, creative only has the black and pink out in color..
    once the blue and white and all the other colors come out..
    i plan to get it in blue image
    i was talking to my friend about this in comparison to the apple..
    and we both like this one better because of the 256k.. and also just because we both believe apple is SO over-rated.
    no joke.
    it's too bad that this doesnt come with a silicone case like the zen micro does or whatever..
    but i can't wait till the blue comes out! image
    ..i also thought it was weird how newegg.com had this for 10 dollars MORE then creative.com was selling it for.. weird.
    Yeah, usually newegg is really cheap -- I was wondering about that too. But woahh 250 is a GREAT deal .. damn o.o I paid 80 more than you T.T

so excited xD