Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do You Need Korean Help?

Replies

• shipperrshipperr Posts: 318Member

IDOL

Hello, may i ask how do we ask for empty bowls in korean in a restaurant?
    If it is not too troublesome could you please include the basic forms of the words used?
    Also, is there a need to use counting units for bowls like when we order things we use gae? since bowl is like kinda a unit by itself, but what if we would like to get empty bowls?

I hope I am not too confusing! Please help me, thank you very much! ^^
    wgmladvert2sized.jpg
    click banner to read; featuring Kim Jaejoong & Kwon BoA
  • piaoyipiaoyi Posts: 334Member
    This sounds random, but can someone help me translate this to my older male friend. We're very close, so 반말 is fine.

"I was looking through the photos and saw your new address on the chicken delivery box. Wow!! I'm not a stalker Haha"

Thank you~
    Kawaii_Puppy_Icon_by_Ai_Okashi.gif
  • sudu1wonsudu1won Posts: 435Member

ROOKIE

edited January 2012
    shipperr wrote on 30 January 2012 - 12:45 AM:

Hello, may i ask how do we ask for empty bowls in korean in a restaurant?
    If it is not too troublesome could you please include the basic forms of the words used?
    Also, is there a need to use counting units for bowls like when we order things we use gae? since bowl is like kinda a unit by itself, but what if we would like to get empty bowls?

I hope I am not too confusing! Please help me, thank you very much! ^^

(여기요,) 빈 그릇 두 개 좀 갖다 주세요

yes you can use 개 here when asking for an empty bowl
    but you don't necessarily need to use 개 when you're asking for, say, a bowl of rice

밥 한 그릇 더 주세요

piaoyi wrote on 31 January 2012 - 08:54 PM:

This sounds random, but can someone help me translate this to my older male friend. We're very close, so 반말 is fine.

"I was looking through the photos and saw your new address on the chicken delivery box. Wow!! I'm not a stalker Haha"

Thank you~

사진들을 훑어보다가 치킨 포장박스 위에 쓰인 너의 새 주소를 봤어. 와우!! 난 스토커 아니야 ㅎㅎ
  • mrchafanmrchafan Posts: 6Member
    how to say: i am learning korean because of you, Cha Seung Won.

Thanks haha i am just learning korean now

ROOKIE

edited January 2012
    mrchafan wrote on 01 February 2012 - 12:36 AM:

how to say: i am learning korean because of you, Cha Seung Won.

Thanks haha i am just learning korean now

저는 차승원 씨 때문에 한국말을 배우고 있어요
  • xRiChanxRiChan New YorkPosts: 1,169Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    Thank GOD for this. My friend, my little sister and I are going to see SNSD tomorrow at their fan meet, so we're writing letters. Can someone please give me accurate translations of these:

[From my friend Chris, a boy]
    "Dear SNSD,
    I love music. Sunny, you are the best! A friend of mine recently introduced me to you. I really enjoyed meeting you, sometime soon, I hope to see you again.
    Your fan forever,
    Christopher"

[From me]
    "Dear SNSD,
    You truly are girl's generation. Your music helped me through a tough time in my life, when I was unsure of myself and cared too much about what others thought of me. I now know that I can be what I want to be, thank to your music. Please, my unnis, take care of yourselves and eat well. Always and forever a SONE.
    Your biggest fan, 
    Ri"

[From my little sister]
    "To all of SNSD, 
    When my older sister told me about your event, I was so excited! I can't believe I got to meet you. You guys are my favorite K-Pop group. Girl's Generation are my idols and people who I look up to. I love your music. Keep rocking!
    Your fan forever,
    Sammy"

Thanks to all who can help! Please post ASAP!
    Please kindly read the signature rules.

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    xRiChan wrote on 02 February 2012 - 07:59 AM:

Thank GOD for this. My friend, my little sister and I are going to see SNSD tomorrow at their fan meet, so we're writing letters. Can someone please give me accurate translations of these:

Enjoy the fan meeting! :D

[From my friend Chris, a boy]
    "Dear SNSD,
    I love music. Sunny, you are the best! A friend of mine recently introduced me to you. I really enjoyed meeting you, sometime soon, I hope to see you again.
    Your fan forever,
    Christopher"

소녀시대에게
    저는 음악이 좋아요. 
    써니 누나 가장 최고이세요! 
    최근에 제 친한 친구가 누나를 소개해 줬어요. 
    누나들을 만난게 정말 기쁘고 재밌게 잘 즐겨웠어요. 
    언젠가는 누나들을 또 다시 만나기 바라요~

소녀시대 영원한 팬
    크리스토퍼

* I assume he's younger than SNSD and calls them as 누나?
    * whom does he actually refer to when he say "you"? Sunny alone or to all SNSD members?

[From me]
    "Dear SNSD,
    You truly are girl's generation. Your music helped me through a tough time in my life, when I was unsure of myself and cared too much about what others thought of me. I now know that I can be what I want to be, thank to your music. Please, my unnis, take care of yourselves and eat well. Always and forever a SONE.
    Your biggest fan,
    Ri"

소녀시대 언니들에게
    언니들은 진짜로 소녀시대이시군요. 
    소녀시대의 음악은 제 인생에 큰 어려움에서 벗어날 수 있도록 도와 줬어요. 
    자신감이 없어 졌을 때도 남의 말에 신경 너무 썼을 때도 소녀시대 노래를 통해 다 잘 풀고 넘어 갔어요. 
    언니들의 음악 덕분에 전 제가 원하는 사람이 될 수 있다는 게 이제 알게 되었어요. 
    언니 몸조심 잘 하시고 골고루 잘 먹으세요~ ㅋㅋㅋ
    처음부터 영원까지 SONE

소녀시대를 최고로 좋아하는 팬

[From my little sister]
    "To all of SNSD,
    When my older sister told me about your event, I was so excited! I can't believe I got to meet you. You guys are my favorite K-Pop group. Girl's Generation are my idols and people who I look up to. I love your music. Keep rocking!
    Your fan forever,
    Sammy"

소녀시대 언니들에게
    제 언니가 소녀시대 언니들의 팬미팅 이벤트를 알려 줬을 때 전 정말 신났어요! 
    언니들을 드디어 만난 걸 믿을 수가 없어요. 
    언니들은 제가 가장 좋아하는 K-Pop 아이돌그룹이고용.
    소녀시대는 제가 떠받들고 따르는 우상이에요. 
    언니들의 노래를 다 듣기 좋아요. Keep rocking!

영원한 소녀시대 팬
    새미

*I didn't translate "Keep rocking!" into Korean because I feel it's better to keep it that way :D

• jaejoongie &amp;lt;3jaejoongie &lt;3 Teen Top Angel <3 Posts: 2,153Member

IDOL

Capture-2.jpg

can someone help me read it? 
    I can't figure out what the cursive korean word means.... 
    I can't reaad it hahah 
    Banner Credit: Jas09xXx
    TVXQ keep the faith

ROOKIE

jaejoongie <3 wrote on 02 February 2012 - 05:31 PM:

*quoted image*

can someone help me read it? 
    I can't figure out what the cursive korean word means.... 
    I can't reaad it hahah 

하지만, 난 아떤 필연적인 굴레에 이끌려 새로운 사실 하나를 더 알게 되었다

but as I was bounded by some inevitable yoke, I came to know another new truth.
    jaejoongie &amp;lt;3
  • n.o.en.o.e Posts: 14Member
  • jenandjeffjenandjeff Posts: 106Member
    edited February 2012
    hi guys, I just made a thread about Etude's new skin care line and we are having some trouble completely understanding the products, features, and uses. If you have time please come and help translate some pictures or the product review (all links are provided in the thread). Thank you!!

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374445-etude-house-skin-malgem/
  • jessicaheesicajessicaheesica Posts: 21Member
    edited February 2012
    helooo im going to send my gift to korea for rookie group, nsonic ♥ could u translate these messages for me?? they cant understand english well TT^TT thank u so soooo much..

TO: bongjun
    bongjunieee ^^ why you been so cool? remember indonesia? hotel ciputra? kekeke
    dont forget us please
    do u like our gift?? we send it with loveee <3
    take care for your health, and gain more height hehe lets beat jonguk oppa!
    >.<
  • Yishi_xYishi_x Posts: 56Member
    edited February 2012
    Hey there!!

I'm trying to learn Korean grammar and have been using this website: http://parksguide.bl...08/updates.html but I just don't understand one specific bit about 에, as in: "The 에 particle phrase is usually placed at the beginning of a sentence after a subject." since in the examples that the guide gives, I see 에 being used for the object rather than the subject...or maybe I just don't get it...! 

Example:

샘 은 작년 10월 가을에 한국에 갔다 = Sam went to Korea last year in October during the autumn season  [Sam (subject particle), last year (time), in October (time), in Autumn, to Korea (object), went]

I understand this as: Sam (subject), time, Korea (object) 에 then verb.

And from my understanding, the other examples are similarly structured to me! :(

Please can you explain this?
    .:~* LifeStyle *~:.

Please check out my blogs! <3
  • ParappaRappaParappaRappa You gotta believe! Posts: 1,836Member
    소 크링이.... 아이 럽 유 투

What does this mean?? It must have some slang kind of words because google translate made no sense...boyfriend sent this to me and he might be angry...
  • butterflyeffectbutterflyeffect ... Los AngelesPosts: 11,910Friend of Soompi
    ParappaRappa wrote on 06 February 2012 - 01:33 PM:

소 크링이.... 아이 럽 유 투

What does this mean?? It must have some slang kind of words because google translate made no sense...boyfriend sent this to me and he might be angry...

"So clingy... I love you too"
    It's Koreanized pronunciation of English. lol

• ParappaRappaParappaRappa You gotta believe! Posts: 1,836Member
    butterflyeffect wrote on 06 February 2012 - 05:25 PM:

"So clingy... I love you too"
    It's Koreanized pronunciation of English. lol

Hahaha thank you
    Yeah he ended up telling me...I understood it after he told me...I sounded it out since I can only read but I was still like...huh? Haha

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    jessicaheesica wrote on 06 February 2012 - 03:33 PM:

helooo im going to send my gift to korea for rookie group, nsonic ♥ could u translate these messages for me??  they cant understand english well TT^TT thank u so soooo much..

TO: bongjun
    bongjunieee ^^ why you been so cool? remember indonesia? hotel ciputra? kekeke
    dont forget us please
    do u like our gift?? we send it with loveee <3
    take care for your health, and gain more height hehe lets beat jonguk oppa!
    >.<

봉준오빠에게

봉준오빠~ ^^ 오빠는 왜 그렇게 완전 멋있나요? 참, 인도네시아 기억나세요? 찌푸트라 호텔? ㅋㅋㅋ
    우릴 잊지 마세용~
    우리 선물을 좋아하세요? 사랑을 담아서 보내준 거예요 ♡
    건강 조심하시고 종욱보다 키가 더 크세요!
    >.<

Yishi_x wrote on 07 February 2012 - 03:02 AM:

Hey there!!

I'm trying to learn Korean grammar and have been using this website: http://parksguide.bl...08/updates.html but I just don't understand one specific bit about 에, as in: "The 에 particle phrase is usually placed at the beginning of a sentence after a subject." since in the examples that the guide gives, I see 에 being used for the object rather than the subject...or maybe I just don't get it...! 

Example:

샘 은 작년 10월 가을에 한국에 갔다 = Sam went to Korea last year in October during the autumn season  [Sam (subject particle), last year (time), in October (time), in Autumn, to Korea (object), went]

I understand this as: Sam (subject), time, Korea (object) 에 then verb.

And from my understanding, the other examples are similarly structured to me! :(

Please can you explain this?

what is meant by "The 에 particle phrase is usually placed at the beginning of a sentence after a subject." is that 한국에(the object) is not placed before 샘은(the subject). It's very ungrammatical to say, 

한국에 샘은 10월 가을에 갔다

or

Korea(object), Sam(subject), time, verb --> this is clearly not grammatical and sound unnatural.

in other words 에 is usually placed at the beginning of a sentence but the subject or the topic must come before 에, not after it.

• jcwcjcwc singaporePosts: 1,417Member
    edited February 2012
    hi how do i say this casually:
    "i am staying in the same hotel as you. see you around!"

also i hv some trouble understanding this, especially the bold words. 콘서트에 이 벽보를 가지고 올게서, 보면 제 카메라에 손을 흔들어 주세요!
    the sentence is saying smth about at a concert, some posters thingy, if u see ?? wave to my camera??

can someone pls explain the bold part?

also, why is it 카메라 instead of 카메라 ? and also, whats the difference betwn 나의 and 내? both mean "my" right?
    thanks!
    imageimage

ROOKIE

jcwc wrote on 10 February 2012 - 01:48 AM:

hi how do i say this casually:
    "i am staying in the same hotel as you. see you around!"

also i hv some trouble understanding this, especially the bold words.    콘서트에 이 벽보를 가지고 올게서, 보면 제 카메라에 손을 흔들어 주세요!
    the sentence is saying smth about at a concert, some posters thingy, if u see ?? wave to my camera??

can someone pls explain the bold part?

also, why is it 카메라 instead of 카메라 ? and also, whats the difference betwn 나의 and  내? both mean "my" right?
    thanks!

우리 같은 호텔에서 머무르니까 곧 보자!

I'll bring this poster to the concert, so if you see me, please wave your hand to my camera!

제 = 저의 is the formal version of 내

나의 = 내 no difference at all.
  • sabchysabchy sloveniaPosts: 1,131Member
    hey

anyone knows how you say: They say my life is cooling down in korean ?

thank you
    I support Park Jaebeom
    DBSK,BIG BANG,NELL
    GD icons made by:syunikiss at LJt