[KBS] JangMiInNae, RyuTaeJoon, ChoiWooSeok, KimYooRi, SeoHaeRim
TV Novel Dear My Sister | Bokhee Noona | TV소설 복희 누나
KBS2 start 11/7 9:00AM-9:45AM M-F | KBS World start: 11/21 9:50AM/14:30AM KT M-F
Everyone dream of success in life but it is not easy to find lifetime achievers in the real world we are living in. This would be one of the reasons why people love dramatic success story overcoming failures and setbacks, even though it is commonly happening in TV dramas. This drama tells us about an impressive life story of a woman named Bok-hui. Let’s think about true meaning of life by seeing the stories of Bok-hui and the people around her.
source: KBS World
Bok-Hee (Jang Mi In Nae) is a girl who studies very hard and works at a brewery. When she was 5-years-old, her parents' divorced and Bok-Hee then lived with her father
. Her father later
died in a coal mine accident.
Bok-Hee came to brewery company Dukchun with her younger stepbrother after her mother married Song Byung-Man, the owner of Dukchun. Bok-Hee addresses her mother as "aunt," to avoid getting her mother into trouble. Finally, people learn that Bok-Hee is the daughter. Her stepbrother is sent off to an orphanage and Bok-Hee leaves for Seoul.
Joon-Mo (Ryu Tae-Joon) worked as a stuntman, but due to injury had to quit his job and come to Dukchun to work as a temporary teacher. Joon-Mo meets Bok-Hee for the first time when she peers through a classroom window in which he teaches. Joon-Mo sees the passion in her eyes and becomes her mentor.
(corrections to AsianMediaWiki's synopsis is in red
(character profiles provided by christina
Kim Ji Young as Choi Gan-Nan
- This grandma is the mother-in-law of Bokhee's biological mother. She is the leader of the house so what she says goes.
Lee Hyo-Jeong as Song Byung-Man
- Song Byung-man is Bokhee's mother's husband. He is also the father of the two girls Eunjoo and Geumjoo and his half-wit son Taejoo.
His wife became ill and bed-ridden after she had Eunjoo. At the time, Bokhee's mother came to the house to nurse his ill wife. By the time his wife passed away, he was already in love with her so he wanted to marry her. His mother was against the marriage but he refused to marry anyone else so
his mother-in-law allowed it. He is a generous man since he gives away food to those in need, and he runs a rice wine company.
Kyun Mi Ri as Yoon Jung-Ae
- Yoon Jung-ae is Bokhee's mother. She grew up in an orphanage and married Bokhee's father, who was also an orphan. While she was raising Bokhee, her husband had an affair with Boknam's mother and when Boknam's mother got pregnant with Boknam, he made Bokhee's mother leave. She wanted to take Bokhee with her but her Bokhee's father wouldn't let her. He promised her that he would raise Bokhee well, so in return she can't appear in front of Bokhee. She later married Byung-man but deceived him and his mother by telling them that she has no family, was never married, and has no kids of her own. She comes clean to Byung-man, which he accepts with understanding and love. She recently had a miscarriage because her mother-in-law made her do a 1,000 bows so she could get pregnant with a son. At the time, her or her mother-in-law didn't realize she was pregnant.
Chae Min Hee as Song Mi Ja
- Mi-ja is Byung-man's younger sister. She is married to Yang Mal-gu and has a baby with him. She recruits Bokhee to be her baby's nanny.
Bae Dong Sung as Yang Mal-Gu
- Yang Mal-gu is the driver of Byung-man's house. His hometown is the same as Bokhee's.
Jang Mi In Ae/Jung Ji In as Han Bok Hee
Choi Chang Yub/In Ji Won as Han Bok Nam
Kim Yoo Ri (b. '84)/Seo Ji Seung as Song Geum-Joo
- Geum-joo is the oldest of Byung-man's . Her personality is similar to the grandmother's, so she is not very kind and bad tempered. She is in love with Kang Joon-mo, Eunjoo's homeroom teacher. She dislikes Bokhee's mother because she thinks Bokhee's mother seduced her father while her mother was still alive, hence causing her mother to die.
Yuk Dong Il/Kim Ki Hyun as Song Tae-Joo
- Tae-joo is the second child of Song Byung-man. When he was young, he suffered from a very high fever, which lead him to become a half-wit. He can tell when a rice wine is going bad.
Seo Hae Rim/Kim Yoo Ri (b.'00) as Song Eun-Joo
- Eun-joo is the youngest child of Song Byung-man. She is a sweet and kind kid and genuinely likes Bokhee's mother. But she craves the attention and love of Bokhee's mother, so she begins to treat Bokhee with disdain and rivalry for the fear of losing Bokhee's mother's love. She has a crush on Min-su, who is Joon-mo's nephew.
Choi Woo Seok/Kwak Jung Wook as Ji Young-Pyo
- Ji Yong-pyo is the son of a man who died working to protect Byung-man's company. He was abandoned by his mother when he was a baby. He is resentful of his dad and Byung-man's company. He is very ambitious, and after he got expelled from school due to fighting, he studies on his own. He later empathizes with Bokhee, and so he helps her study by giving her his old books.
Lim Seung Dae as Bae Dal-Bong
- Bae Dal-bong grew up in Byung-man's household. He is a loyal, honest, and kind worker at Byung-man's company. He acts as a surrogate older brother to Yong-pyo. He knows Jum-lae likes him, and her straightforward actions towards him makes him feel burdened by her affections.
Kim Na Woon as Choi Jum-lae
- Choi Jum-lae is the housemaid of Byung-man's house. She is also a distant relative of Byung-man's mother (the grandmother of the house). She is uncooperative towards Jung-ae and she is in love with Bae Dal-bong.
Ryu Tae Joon as Kang Joon-Mo
- Kang Joon-mo is homeroom teacher for Eun-joo's class and the younger brother of Kang In-sook. He used to be a demonstrator in University, but when he got injured, he came down to live with his sister. He is only a temporary teacher at Eun-joo and Geum-joo's school. He later sees Bokhee walking around the school with a baby on her back. He notices her passion for learning and so he helps her study. He becomes her mentor and a person she can rely on.
Han Jung Goog as Kim Jin-Gook
- Kim Jin-gook is a doctor who is stingy with his medical practice (meaning, he doesn't like to treat patients for free or with low cost, no matter how sick they are). His father worked at Byung-man's company, and when his father passed away Byung-man's father helped him complete his studies to become a doctor. He is childhood friends with Byung-man but he also feels rivalry towards Byung-man.
Kwon Kyung Ha as Kang In-Sook
- Kang In-sook is married to Kim Jin-gook and she is a nurse at her husband's hospital. She was in love with Byung-man since she was little, and she cannot stand the fact that Byung-man is married to Jung-ae. But she tries to hide her feelings. She is also Min-su's mother.
Kim Si On/Lee Ji Oh as Kim Min-Su
- Min-su is a smart student who is always the top of his class. He follows and respects his uncle Joon-mo alot. He is a close childhood friend to Eun-joo and has no clue towards how she really feels about him.
Kim Ki Yeon as Na Jukja (나죽자)
조선형 as Hong Baekgu (홍백구)