Genre: Romance, Family

Episodes: 100+

Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: 2011-Oct-24 to 2012

Air time: Monday to Friday 8:40 AM

Official Website: Here

Ratings: Here

Synopsis

A drama based on the the story of former Dong Ah Constructions chairman and former KBS announcer Jang Eun-young. A woman gets married to a man who is old enough to be her grandfather when her lover leaves and her family struggle to make a living.

Cast

Main Cast

Jang Shin Young as Kim Hyo Won

Jung Eun Woo as Choi Jin Hyeok

Han Jin Hee as Lee Kang Ro

Supporting Cast

Maeng Sang Hoon as Kim Hak Gyu

Moon Hee Kyung as Gong Kyung Sook

Yun Mi Joo as Lee Ye Ryun

Kim Chung as Jung In Sook

Bang Eun Hee as Im Mi Sun

Son Byung Ho as Park Tae Ho

Song Yoo Ha (송유하) as Baek Kyung Woo

Production Credits

Director : Lee Chang Min

Screenwriter : Yoon Yeong Mi

Series Posters

brideofthesun10.th.jpgbrideofthesun1.th.jpg

Production Stills

brideofthesun2.th.jpgbrideofthesun3.th.jpgbrideofthesun4.th.jpgbrideofthesun5.th.jpg

brideofthesun6.th.jpgbrideofthesun7.th.jpgbrideofthesun8.th.jpgbrideofthesun9.th.jpg

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kdramacrazy

Who is that little boy in the hospital? Is it her son or brother?

Brother.

Anyone have good still cuts of Jung Eun Woo :)

Jung Eun Woo!  I want to watch this drama.  However, I don't really like Jang Shin Young.

I hate downloading it from Megaupload.  But now, I can enjoy it with Torrent.  Thanks Semi-fly. 

Let's hope it has english substitles.

I'm surprise that Korean has new dramas in the morning.

Arue, thanks for creating a new thread for this drama.

Guest ckdllk1

I wish someone would recap this daily drama for those of us that do not speak or understand Korean. It doesn't look like anyone will do soft subs. Hope others will watch this drama...it looks interesting so far.

The character that really intrigues me is that silent security guard who seems to be studying everything that is going on with the company and the dynamics of the family.

I wonder if he's out for revenge against the rich family.  And, I think the daughter has the 'hots' for him.  :huh:

It would be nice to have recaps for this drama, since we can't even hope for subs. 

I finally found a site with recaps online.  Briefly, the boyfriend, James, has an investment fund now and is rich.  The bride's friend told James the girl fell in love and moved overseas with her new husband.  The father got disability, the stepmother wants a sandwich shop (go figure) and the bride will be indebted 3 times all financial responsibilities if she quits the marriage, and she will gain nothing from the marriage as far as inheritance or stocks. The lawyer in the company had a 20-year affair with the wife of the old man, but she was through with him when the young girl married the old man.  The lawyer let it happen behind her back. She is the one who told the maid to lock out the young wife from the house that night because the old man was supposed to be out of town and she had the daughter and d-in-law over at her house, but he returned and found her at the gate shivering.  He was mixed up in a takeover the daughter was part of with that other guy who got so mad.  I think he is the son in another big company. I think she must have doublecrossed him.  Both parents of James were murdered in the fire in their house because the land was needed by the old man for development. His son is dead and had a nervous breakdown due to his mother, and the old couple had something bad happen the night of their honeymoon.  That's all I can remember from the recap.  Hope it helps.

Archived