Once Upon A Time

ohchells

Sunday 8/7c on ABC

hehehev.gif

On the wedding day of Snow White, and Prince Charming, the Evil Queen arrives and delivers an ominous threat about a powerful curse she intends to release upon them. Some time later, a pregnant Snow White is worried about the curse and visits Rumplestiltskin who issues a prophecy that the Queen's curse will take them all someplace terrible where there will be no happy endings, except for her. He also reveals that Snow White's unborn daughter, Emma, will return when she is 28 years old to rescue them, thus beginning the final battle with the Queen. On advice from the Blue Fairy, Geppetto and Pinocchio fashion a cupboard from a magical tree which will allow one person to escape the Queen's curse. On the day Snow White gives birth to her daughter, the Queen's curse strikes. Prince Charming places their daughter in the magic cupboard, but is mortally wounded battling the Queen's henchmen. The Queen stands triumphantly over Snow White and Prince Charming as the curse takes them to "someplace horrible".

In present day Boston, Emma Swan lives a lonely existence working as a bail bondsman and bounty hunter. She is approached by a ten year old boy, Henry, who identifies himself as her son, whom she had given up for adoption as a teenager. Not wanting a relationship with him, Emma agrees to drive him back to his home in not-so-quaint Storybrooke, Maine. Along the way, Henry shows her a large book of fairy tales he has, insisting that all of the stories in it are real. When they arrive in Storybrooke, Henry informs her that everyone in town is in reality a fairy tale character, exiled by the curse and with no memory of their real identities. This includes his therapist, who is really Jiminy Cricket, and his teacher Mary Margaret Blanchard, who is really Snow White. He claims that time is frozen in Storybrooke and the people are unable to leave, but that the curse will be broken by Emma. A skeptical Emma returns Henry to his adopted mother, the town Mayor, who is really the Evil Queen. When Henry soon runs away again, Emma finds him and decides to stay in Storybrooke temporarily. This decision causes the hands of the town clock, previously frozen, to begin moving again.

(Credit Wikipedia)

Has anyone seen the pilot for this show yet? I saw a preview of it went I went to go watch Paranormal Activity 3 and it looked so interesting. I just saw the first episode it exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting much, especially with the time shifts, but I think it's done well. I can't wait as the series continues and the story unfolds :D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest graceyoon

i caught the premiere since it's from 2 writers of LOST.. i miss LOST so much!!

thought it was ok-- some parts were pretty cheesy and could have been directed better... i like the Rumpelstiltskin character though, sorta reminded me of Mr Burns from Simpsons lol..

I watched it, and i like it a lot.

I do wonder if Jennifer Morrison was picked or Ginnifer Goodwin were picked because they have similarities to each other. They look a lot alike in my opinion, and there are many times where I wonder if they are siblings.

The storyline is very interesting, because it got a similarity to the movie "Enchanted" with a not so good plot, rather a sad one. Where the protagonist grew up in reality, without knowing about her true origin in the fairy tale book. A kid showed up, claiming that he's her son and that she's the daughter of Snow white and Prince Charming.

Story Brooke, a fictional city, outside Boston is frozen in time with fairy tale characters who are not aware of their true identities. They live their own life.

I love that the pilot episode is building up many questions on what is going to happen or what else could there be to be excited of. First, I love how they mentioned "Apple cider", showed apples in the mayor's home and her special mirror.

Granny's Inn, still with her grand child but the kid is rebellious and do whatever she feels like.

I didn't understand the sheriff's role though, but this is sure a tv series I am looking forward to :)

Has anyone seen the pilot for this show yet? I saw a preview of it went I went to go watch Paranormal Activity 3 and it looked so interesting. I just saw the first episode it exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting much, especially with the time shifts, but I think it's done well. I can't wait as the series continues and the story unfolds :D

Saw it! It was spectacular. At first, I thought it was based only on Snow White-not really a huge fan of her, by the way-but I got to say, I was pleasantly surprised when it revealed all the fairy tale characters! My friends and I got together, make dinner and watch the pilot this past Friday. We usually do this for New Girl, but this time we did it for Once Upon A Time. Did anyone else pointed out which of the characters they were? We literally sat there, eating dinner, pointing out who was the Evil Queen, Snow White, the toy maker, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, Rumpel, and Granny & Red. I can't wait for the next show. Cinderella will be appearing. :D

Guest kkbluvv

This sounds interesting, but I have to ask... is it kind of scary/spooky? I tend to get scared easily lol, so if there's any intense killing or anything, let me know.

Also, only the pilot has aired, yes?

This sounds interesting, but I have to ask... is it kind of scary/spooky? I tend to get scared easily lol, so if there's any intense killing or anything, let me know.

Also, only the pilot has aired, yes?

Haha well to me it wasnt scary at all. At least its not bloody or gruesome like how the Brother's Grimm tells it haha. To me its a bit romantic, family type drama to watch with kids. So far the only intense scene is Prince Charming getting stab and all but nothing major. And well today episode, when the evil queen killed her father they didnt really show it haha.

Well as by today, 2 episodes has been aired. it airs every sunday haha

I didn't even know it airs on Sunday! I'm going to have to plan dinner again, :D

Can't wait to watch it. Does Cinderella appear in this episode?

Nope Cinderella didn't appear in this episode at all. It reaveled more on what happen in fairytale land, like how Emma escape, etc and how the evil queen started the whole curse thing. I think episode 4 is when Cinderella appears not sure.

I loved when the Evil Queen was talking to Maleficent and were talking how they exchanged curses and it failed like the sleeping beauty curse for snow white. That made me giggle inside a little. Next week's episode is going to be good! I cannot wait for Prince Charming to finally wake up and I want to know the history between Snow White and Prince Charming so much. This show makes the little girl inside of me just want to dance. I would have never imagined that there would be a fairytale tv show lol. Henry is just so adorable! Sundays need to come faster.

I find it funny that the evil queen or mayor said that she's Henry's mother. but she didn't know where he has gone to at the first episode. Instead of talking with him, giving him true love she is sending him to therapy. she doesnt understand his feeling but she is "protecting" him with lies.

Belle and Gaston are going to be brought to this series! http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Emilie-de-Ravin-Lost-1039492.aspx I'm so excited! I love the story of Beauty and the Beast and so I cannot wait for her appearance!

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I love this show! I had many hesitations at first, thinking that it's going to be very cheesey but now I find myself wishing there was more everytime I finish watching an episode. The only thing that I don't like is the female fairytale costumes and hair, especially snow white's.

How did you guys like Sunday's episode? Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold is really starting to creep me out!!

I feel that he's so misunderstood! yes it's creepy how he keeps wanting their children but it's their fault for agreeing to it in the first place. I'm grossed out by the _____ and _____ being together. he's way too cute

Archived