how do you talk to a guy you interested in without them thinking you are annoying?

Guest tiffanyhwang12

Guest tiffanyhwang12

theres this guy i was interested in, and i was scared of talking to him or looking like i was giving too much attention to him, because i was afraid that i would come out as annoying, so i refrained myself from talking to him that much. now, i realized that i will never have the chance to see him again. actually.. i already lost the chance. but all i wanted to ask was, how do you talk to a guy you like without looking like you are annoying? cause, you know how some girls.. they just constantly message them first, and then.. i don't know. 

and i don't want to give off the impression like i like the guy or i am interested in the guy. i want to give that guy the sense of... wanting to be just "friends" and getting to know him as a "friend".. nothing more nothing less. 

edit: but you know how.. if you keep messaging that person on msn or w.e. wouldn't they find you annoying, maybe?

Guest writerstale

Just be yourself and be REAL with him. Like RareBreed said. F*** all the mind games. It's too much of that going on in today's society! Too many good opportunities lost because of mind games. He may or may not reject you, but if you keep it real he'll respect you either way.

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

the most annoying thing is when PEOPLE, of ANY SEX, txt u 3-10000 times a day asking whats up or what ur up to.

n then boom thats it.

if u wanna be safe... face to face is betta.

txting is gay, when a man is playing his games txting becomes a hassle even tho he likes u, and u become annoying automatically.

esp when he plays DotA or LoL or tetris or any of those mini cooper, most of the time he will be in the state of rage quit and u do not want to txt him.

Guest HERMIT

If there's a guy that you like and want to get to know him better without coming off as being too annoying, that is one thing. But to like a guy, wanting to get to know him, but not wanting to give him the impression that you are interested .... what exactly are you trying to accomplish with that kind of a tactic? It just seems counterproductive to what you want to happen and moreover, you're just not being honest with yourself. Either you like the guy and want to see if he has reciprocal feelings or you don't. So I think if you want to proceed, you'd best resolve this part in your head.

But if you want to talk to a guy without seeming to be too annoying, just try not to be too earnest and force conversations/social situations that just aren't there. (So your inclination to not bombard him with incessant texts and IMs is a good gut instinct. Follow that.) Be true to your personality, of course, but don't compromise it either by over-exaggerating it. Which is to say don't be too up front and obvious with things like body language because you could inadvertently come off as appearing too forward and desperate. Subtlety and knowing when to capitalize on your opportunities is key. You can help your cause by being observant of what the guy likes and where he likes to go. In doing so, you can strategize ways of creating opportunities for yourself. But the key thing to remember when it comes to courtship on both sides of the coin, is that it shouldn't necessarily be viewed like a track meet. Don't be in a rush. When you try to do too much too soon, that's when you are at the most risk of becoming annoying. Just let it develop organically and at its own pace. If he comes to like you, it will really be for how you naturally are.

Guest The-Entity

Pretty much everything HERMIT said. Just be natural, yet don't be overly eager.

I think shy and polite girls are cute even if I'm not interested in them. The ones that annoy me are the loud, fake giggly types that seem like they're trying to prove to me how fun they are, but that's just me.

Guest WasianGuy

Just know that he's probably not going to melt the first time you talk to him. Even if he thinks you're likeable and cute or whatever.

Guest GloomGem

Be yourself.

Even if he views you as "annoying".

Why the hell would you stop being yourself to try and attract someone?

That just sounds crazy to me.

And think of the long run, you plan on not being "annoying" to him for the rest of your life?!

That sounds like way too much work.

Trust me, if you have a good heart- a good guy will see it.

^___^b

Guest han-song

wow same... i've talked to him a few times on facebook but i can't bring myself to talk to him in person... my friends just say "ask him out" but I'm so scared! well i'm going to school in a minute so... i'll try LOL

Guest lovelee

Be yourself.

Even if he views you as "annoying".

Why the hell would you stop being yourself to try and attract someone?

That just sounds crazy to me.

And think of the long run, you plan on not being "annoying" to him for the rest of your life?!

That sounds like way too much work.

Trust me, if you have a good heart- a good guy will see it.

^___^b

Yeah see this is what I don't get. Like "be yourself".. but honestly if I was myself.. I would be pretty annoying.

"Natural yet not overly eager". Sorry if I really do like a guy, it's like 100X harder to be natural and NOT overly eager. So it happens that I am only not annoying to the guys I don't like. So yeah. Sucks. But that's "just me".

Guest onFiRE*

Urgh, I know exactly what you mean. =[

When you're into someone, of course you'll want to impress them without seeming too eager. No one likes getting rejected. :/

You can't blame her for that.

It's one thing to play mind games, but it's a whole other thing when you're just trying to test the waters with someone.

If he doesn't initiate something, try starting a conversation first. If he isn't into it, maybe try again the next day.

However, if he still doesn't bother trying to talk to you after that, I would just leave it, otherwise you'd seem too needy.

If he does end up asking you to hang out or something, remember to return the favour to show him you're interested. =P

Archived