Creating Permanent Double Eyelids WITHOUT Surgery

Guest jinnysarang

Guest jinnysarang

With the prolonged usage of eyelid tape & glue
I've noticed that there's currently a huge beauty craze for having double eyelids right now and personally, I really wish I could have them too. I have hidden double eyelids and they can get annoying because when I put eyeliner on, my eyelid swallows it up. :ph34r:

So unless I draw the eyeliner on super thick, you cannot tell I have eyeliner on until I close my eyes..

However, I don't want to resort to surgery.

It's expensive and I don't feel comfortable with plastic surgery.. Plus, it could go wrong (rare, but it does happen).

The celebrity Park Myung Soo had it go wrong, and I know a person whose lids look really unnatural after surgery.

So.. anyways, I've been hearing about people who have gotten double eyelids WITHOUT any surgery.

My mom says her aunt use double eyelid tape over a long period of time and got permanent eyelids.

I've found someone that described in her video how she achieved these double eyelids w/out surgery.

I've read posts made by people on the internet + other forums and there are other people who claim to have gotten permanent double eyelids through this method.

Using eyelid tape and glue over a prolonged period of time may not work for everyone, but I think it's entirely possible.

The amount of time it takes to get the permanent crease varies from person to person..

One person got them after 4 years, and another person in 3 months.

They both used tape/glue every day and went to sleep with it on as well. Over time, the crease could really form and last.

Thin eyelids are the most ideal lids to create them.

They used tape during the day, glue overnight (tape wouldn't stay on well while they slept).

Since taking tape off directly causes droopy lids over time, they used makeup remover to soften the tape and then took it off that way.

So, has any one else gotten permanent double eyelids by just using glue/tape?

Have you heard of anyone with a similar story? Please share ^_^ And sorry for the kinda long post!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JenJenn

I've been using the glue for about 2 years or so now.. I don't have permanent double eyelids but I found that I often have days where I don't need to use the glue cause they're already double eyelids when I wake up >< I have hidden eyelids too~

Guest chaigyaru

i use lots of different tapes and glues, but i've found glue most convenient ... but will cause your eyes to droop the most.

check our my review blog post on different eyelid methods ^__^

and a video tutorial.

http://chaigyaru.com/big-eye-makeup-and-double-eyelids/

Guest xjosiee

i was just wondering, from using the glue often, can it change your eyeshape? because the way.. you poke it i guess? or because the eyelids become a bit more saggy, and it would like, sag a bit more over the eyes? i don't really know how to explain it, but i have monolids, and i always want to use glue / tape [except tape doesn't really work with my eyeshape] but im scared it'll make my eyes.. really saggy-appearing

Guest Y0UNGiE☆★〃─。

i was just wondering, from using the glue often, can it change your eyeshape? because the way.. you poke it i guess? or because the eyelids become a bit more saggy, and it would like, sag a bit more over the eyes? i don't really know how to explain it, but i have monolids, and i always want to use glue / tape [except tape doesn't really work with my eyeshape] but im scared it'll make my eyes.. really saggy-appearing

Hi Josie! This is Ashley. LOL! From what I know, glue and tape can change your eye shape. It's worked for my friends. Constantly using them for several months became permanent for them.

Guest skulls

I already have eyelids (half Asian) but once when I slept funny, one of my eyelids changed in size. Sometimes when I sleep funny, it goes back. Once I slept with tape on my lid, to correct the uneven eyelids, and it stayed as well (permanently, until I slept funny again, or such). So, it's possible to change your eyes even in such a short period of time. But again, I already have big eyelids for an Asian, and that might change things. But I hope that helps!

Guest UraKimJK

Well this stuff works ! I have sok sanggapul (hidden eyelids) or however you spell it xD My story is that i wore tape 24/7 over the summer vacation (about 2.5 months). I only took it off when i would go out, but i would substitute it with glue >u< Now that school has started, i have not been wearing during the day. I also do not wear glue because my eyelids look all mangled up if i do :\ But good new is, MY DOUBLES STAYED :DD I still reapply tape everynight, and i have yet to miss a day ^^ The lid is pretty fat in the morning, but the size decreases as the day goes on (My left eyelid is a super tiny triple lid though :\) Unfortunately i am too scared to skip a day or two because im afraid that the whole summer would be for nothing TT As far as i know, it's a pseudo permanent double eyelid or sumthing xD Does anyone have a similar story to mine? and if so please tell me what happened when you stopped wearing tape for a while ^~^

Guest Shenay

To be honest, I've actually achieve permanent double eyelids from using tapes & glue. It took me 2 years because I didn't use them religiously (get's tiring after awhile and I don't want to wear them out). But yes, it is definitely possible but it takes time. I do not use them anymore as of today ! Hope this helps :)

Guest shopaholicx2

Well, it personally worked for me. I used to have uneven eyelids, one single, one double eyelid, then I started using both tape and glue. I wore tape for half an hour then took them off, the double eyelids on both of my eyes stayed for the rest of the day, but then I wanted to try glue since I heard that it works like a charm. Did that for around a couple of months and my double eyelids are somewhat permanent.

Guest e ; c h o .

I tried the glue a couple of times and horribly failed and now it seems like one eye lid (I tried the glue on) is slightly droopier than the other. :/

But the tape works fine for me, I have hidden double eyelids. ):

Guest jinnysarang

Hm.. Now I'm really encouraged to keep trying ^^ And it's summer too, so I can keep it on for a long time.

Thanks for sharing!! I sometimes wake up with a double eyelid on my right eye (never used tape or anything).

I wish it'd be permanent lol -.- so I'll try wearing tape daily for now and see if it'll work for me. :)

Guest GloomGem

Almost all of my girlfriends that had monolids turned to these methods and it worked but, seemed like they kept having to touch up.

In the long run, they stopped because they noticed wrinkles around their eyes and lids.

I wouldn't reccomend it for long term use, maybe for when you just want to apply

makeup because pre-mature wrinkles is not attractive at all- especially around the eyes.

But hey, give it a shot- might just work for you.

^__^b

• 5 months later...
Guest Maylee.wong

I've tried tape and glue, but double eyelid serum works best for me. the serum is totally clear and unnoticeable and lasts long.

I've noticed that there's currently a huge beauty craze for having double eyelids right now and personally, I really wish I could have them too. I have hidden double eyelids and they can get annoying because when I put eyeliner on, my eyelid swallows it up.  :ph34r:

So unless I draw the eyeliner on super thick, you cannot tell I have eyeliner on until I close my eyes..

However, I don't want to resort to surgery.

It's expensive and I don't feel comfortable with plastic surgery.. Plus, it could go wrong (rare, but it does happen).

The celebrity Park Myung Soo had it go wrong, and I know a person whose lids look really unnatural after surgery.

So.. anyways, I've been hearing about people who have gotten double eyelids WITHOUT any surgery.

My mom says her aunt use double eyelid tape over a long period of time and got permanent eyelids.

I've found someone that described in her video how she achieved these double eyelids w/out surgery.

I've read posts made by people on the internet + other forums and there are other people who claim to have gotten permanent double eyelids through this method.

Using eyelid tape and glue over a prolonged period of time may not work for everyone, but I think it's entirely possible.

The amount of time it takes to get the permanent crease varies from person to person..

One person got them after 4 years, and another person in 3 months.

They both used tape/glue every day and went to sleep with it on as well. Over time, the crease could really form and last.

Thin eyelids are the most ideal lids to create them.

They used tape during the day, glue overnight (tape wouldn't stay on well while they slept).

Since taking tape off directly causes droopy lids over time, they used makeup remover to soften the tape and then took it off that way.

So, has any one else gotten permanent double eyelids by just using glue/tape?

Have you heard of anyone with a similar story? Please share ^_^ And sorry for the kinda long post!

Guest kagome23

i used both tape and glue [mostly glue] for 2 months 5 years ago on one of my eyes. i had uneven eyes before T.T after using the glue, i never lose the eyelid and now i have fairly large "hidden" eyelids on both eyes :)

i'm fine with not having complete double eyelids.

Guest jinnysarang

Woah.. My thread from a while ago got bumped up. :P

I kept using double eyelid tape (on one of my eyes) at night and now I have a small double eyelid that's pretty permanent.

I think that wearing it at night only works only for people that already have a crease, though..

I was born with hidden double eyelids on both of my eyes..

but in 1st grade one of them became like a monolid.. @.@

So for years my eyes used to be uneven.

I was able to fix it over the past few months..

They look a lot better now :P

I don't have to use tape every night.. only the occasional day when my eyelids get puffy.

I'm really happy about it though~ =D

Guest mintpops

I've used tape and glue before but not religiously, so i can't really vouch for whether is works to use it over time. tape has a more natural look compared to glue, especially when the eye is closed. eventually i found it too tedious, and since i my eyelids are very thin, per se, it didn't stick once i took it off. now i've come to embrace my single eyelids for their uniqueness =)

Just wondering, did using glue/tape over time work permanently for those who have slightly thicker eyelids.

Jen from frmheadtotoe on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/frmheadtotoe) gives great makeup tutorials for both single and double eyelids - she has single eyelids but uses tape from time to time.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest twinn3h

I used to have one single and one double and now I have two double bc of eyelid tape and glue.

It hurts but my trick was applying BOTH at once. I would apply the tape to form the line (the line needs to be the same each and every time otherwise you're not going to get double eyelids) and then apply glue over it to make the line really form.

Doing this for a few months should get you "somewhat double eyelids" that you can then just put eyelid glue over. After a few more months, your eyes should be used to it and be permanent. I got double eyelids after this method after 6 months or so..lasted 1 year, then my eyes reset after crying in which I just had to apply the eyelid glue/tape again for a few weeks and I got them back. Now it's completely permanent even after crying.

Guest Siweonn

I've been using tape and glue for a couple years and I'm pretty sure mine are permanent now. I have had double for about 2 weeks straight without any glue or tape.

I've had one double and one single ever since I started wearing glasses, no idea why, though it made my eyes look super uneven though I never did much about it, I did wear eyelid glue at some point just to make my eyes look even when I was going out but tape never worked for me and still doesn't unfortunately even though I bought so much from Taiwan >< However, recently I've noticed that wearing liquid eyeliner on a daily basis (I started using them around September last year) and i've noticed my mono eyelid has started to become back to double more often. I'm not sure whether this has worked for other people but tape did not work for me at all (as in the tape would not hold the double eyelid that I would try to create).

Archived