Outer corner of my eyes are always watery :(

Guest Banana Peel

Guest Banana Peel

eyeliner smudges, help?
So I use wet&wild creme liner and even tried out black eyeshadow. But the outer corner of my eyes always seem to water and makes my eyeliner smudge on that spot only :(

is there any solution to this?

Guest kokoro.

i have the same exact problem. i've gone through countless eyeliners trying to find one that works for me and won't smudge since i have what i call "overly watery eyes" all year round. i tried the eyeshadow & eyeliner trick... didn't work. but the thing that has worked best for me so far is putting on mascara first and then applying the eyeliner. it still smudges for me, but less than before. if i have any luck with the new eyeliners i'm trying out, i'll be sure to let you know. (:

Guest prisonerzero

Use a different brush.

I've had this issue too.

Even with primer, my eyes would still water.

Then I switched brushes.

Guest jinxii

I have the same problem, but only on one eye. lol.. have you tried MAC's LiquidLast liner? That stuff won't budge... you can even swim in it!

Guest sasa_1993

Oh my eyes are so sensitive and watery! I go for waterproof cream liners and always use a good translucent primer underneath! I have a primer from Too-Faced and it works wonders for my eyeliner. H.I.P. cream liners are amazing, just as good as MAC, but cheaper. Also, I've heard gel liners are even better. 

Guest Sanjou

I had that problem, but when I started using a different gel liner (I think I use maybelline eyestudio now?), my eye watered less and when it does occasionally water it doesn't really smudge as much

I think the problem isn't so much the method of applying the liner, but moreso how to stop the watery eye.

The outer corners of my right eye as supposed to my left gets teary when I don't sleep enough, or I'm working under stress. There are days when I can put on my eyeliner and my eye is completely dry. This also happens with certain products as well; I think my eyes are overly sensitive or allergic to something.

Have you noticed any patterns like this? Does it happen to you all the time, or just on occasion?

Archived