Beauty Insecurities

Guest MC_Lee

by getting older. seriously, i dunno why i was so freaked out over this or that as a teenager. as you get older you become more comfortable with who you are and what you look like (hopefully!) :) some days i still think "oh my nose is so short" or "my chin is so ugly" but then i think..."who really notices?" if people don't like you because of that then they're not worth your time anyway :rolleyes:

Guest runpuri

Find models or celebrities with the flaw that you have. When you see that they are beautiful even with your disliked feature, it can give you inspiration to flaunt it just like them, but in your own unique way.

Guest alligatortears

i try to fix the things i'm insecure about the best i can.

but if it's something that i can't fix,

i try to humble myself.

at the end of the day,

there are bigger things to worry about than how i look.

the world isn't going to end if i have a pimple on my nose,

nor is my weight.

from my experience,

going to the gym regularly has really helped my self esteem.

i've lost a bit of weight,

and even though i know i'm not the hottest chick around,

i feel like a billion bucks knowing that i look better than how i used to.

Guest witchery

Generally do as much as you can to fix them, like lose weight or learn how to apply makeup in a way that best enhances your features and hides the imperfections. Try to do everything you can that is within your control, but after that, all you can do is just accept what you have. If you don't physically have the power to change the rest, then you're only left with what you can do with your attitude- to either be miserable forever, or love what you were born with.

Guest DailyMelody

Accept them => love them => improve/fix them.

And try to focus on your best beauty qualities/features.

• 10 months later...
Guest tinatran_

My dark eye circles are annoying. Concealing them everyday is a pain, but I just have to deal with it most days. :/

Guest Babyrocky

try my very best to find a cure for it~ especially if its dangerous or threatening like rashes and such~ My best remedy is Aquoeus Cream...works wonderfully for my sensitive skin dats sensitive to heat and sweat~

Guest jroxxs

With age. I use to hate how I looked and put on tonnes of make up to cover up. As i've grown older i've learnt to love myself and accept all the things i've hated. I honestly have no idea why I used to try so hard. x.x

Guest gisellaaa

Hmm... beauty insecurities...

Well I really don't like my dark under eye circles, and I also really don't like the moles on my face, and also my nose...and also my huge clogged pores

But what I do is conceal (for circles and moles), apply BB Cream (for pores), and shade as best as I can (for nose).

But yea, I usually just focus on the positive things on my face, like my pale skin and how i like my cheekbones are pretty high ^_^

Guest rachilde

Who cares if you're not fantastically beautiful if you have a great career, mind like a knife, and good friends/family? I think the best way to deal with insecurity is to become secure in your life and world--cultivate your intellect, travel, find a profession that you love, learn valuable skills, eat good food, meet new people... Being beautiful will mean very little if you have wasted all your precious energy and attention on concealing or fixing the physical features. It will be much better to be 65 and find you have lived well than to be 65 and only have a photograph of your perfectly shaped nose from when you were 20 as a reminder of all you have done in your life.

Guest iamyourmum

I swear to god I used to be one of the most insecure person on Earth. I can literally point out 100 flaws of myself that i'm unhappy with appearance-wise. And I hardly get out of my house because i'm too afraid of seeing my ugly face in a reflection somewhere. (True Story)

Back then, I didn't own any makeup and I only put on coloured contacts and simple eyeliner (without any foundation/bb cream etc) thats why I always look pale and sickly.

Then holy thank god I decided to try out buying BB Cream, and move on to learning how to draw 'winged eyeliner' look. I also bought countless of lip products, loose powder, blusher etc. Now i'm literally star-struck whenever i'm done with my makeup. I would be like, "Wow thats me?!". Haha! All in all, I'm really happy with my appearance already. 

Just keep telling yourself that 'you're awesome', and you would be!

I know I sound like I would be nothing without my cosmetics, false!

Even if I were to go out bare-faced, I still think that i'm awesome. I love myself. Yes I still can point out a hundred flaws of myself, but my mentality would scream, "What the fck i'm still awesome even with the flaws, wow."

Confidence makes a woman awesome by making her shine from within. rolleyes.gif

P.S: I've seen many pretty girls who are constantly insecure and they're so obsessed with plastic surgeries and researching on stuffs on how to improve their appearance, the moment they open their mouths all they talk about are of uninteresting subjects like plastic surgeries, cosmetics, and whether they should cut their hair, paint their nails blue or orange, buy the latest chanel lipstick rouge...

NOW THATS A REAL TURN-OFF. If i'm born a guy, I wouldn't even go for a girl (even if she has Megan Fox's looks) if she talks like that. /Truestory. 

Guest paintyourxtarget

NOW THATS A REAL TURN-OFF. If i'm born a guy, I wouldn't even go for a girl (even if she has Megan Fox's looks) if she talks like that. /Truestory. 

lol but depending on what they're after, they might not be to worried about whatever nonsense comes out of their mouths ;).

I just de-emphasize my insecurities and emphasize what I like. I ain't perfect but I don't hate the way I look. another thing is to not constantly talk about your flaws to other people--most of the time they won't see it unless you point it out. my friend who I've known for years told me how she hates how one eye is bigger than the other, and I totally never saw it until she said something--it was exactly like the HYMIM episode where the glass shatters lol

Guest happybubble

Whenever I look in the mirror and notice how bad my skin is (cos of pimples -_-) I just divert my attention to my eyes, nose , lips, etc. then I would smile and laugh because it's silly to compliment yourself but then after seeing myself smiling, I would feel so much better and prettier biggrin.gif

Guest thisisberna

Mine is having a huge forehead.. Before, i really don't care about this but when my friend started teasing me i felt so insecure.. But I just look on the positive side like rihanna has also huge forehead but still she's so pretty.. And i'm planning to have bangs to cover this huge forehead.. Hahaha

Guest StandingWayward

I have so many insecurities it's not even funny. I'm freakin pale (people made fun of me), I have dark circles under my eyes, my skin has random spots, I barely have boobs..ETC lol

But I think that at some point you just learn to accept yourself because there's nothing you can really do against it, like having a bump on your nose or having a double chin or having short legs or whatever it may be. Sure it's hard going through the process of accepting and eventually maybe even loving yourself, but just remember that nobody is perfect and you can always criticize something (just look at all the magazines).

It seems to me that only the people who are comfortable in their own skin are truly happy and lead satisfying lives; and isn't being happy the only thing we really want?

What sense does it make to strive for an unachievable and unrealistic goal? You will never be perfect, so you might as well embrace your individuality and stop making life harder than it needs to be.

Guest dropsofrain

I used to be a mess of insecurities but I figured that I should learn to love myself for the way that I am and it's hard to change some things I have no control over.  So basically, I work with what I have and don't always hate myself for not looking a certain way or looking like someone else's body type!

Archived