Kim Sae Ron 김새론

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

B6MQ5NsCIAEvWhS.jpg

PROFILEName: Kim Sae RonHangul: 김새론Born: July 31, 2000Blood Type: BFamily: Kim Ah Ron, Kim Ye Ron (younger sisters)Birthplace: South KoreaAgency : Fantagio (2009 - present)Site : Fancafe | Minihompy | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Bwf3XHwCYAA3XoC.jpg

Movies
Manhole | Maenhol (2014) as Soo JungA Girl At My Door | Doheeya (2014) as Do Hee (girl who suffers from domestic violence)Manshin (2014) as Kim Geum Hwa (teen)The Neighbors | Yiwootsaram (2012) as Yoo Soo Yeon / Won Yeo SeonBarbie | Babi (2012) as Soon YoungI am Father | Naneun Abbada (2011) as Han Min JiThe Man From Nowhere | Ahjeosshi (2010) as Jung So MiA Brand New Life | Yeohaengja (2009) as Jin Hee
BwcOqNyCMAAPgi3.jpg

Drama Series
* Snowy Road | Noon Gil (KBS1 / 2015) as Kang Yeong AeHi! School - Love On | Haiseukool - Reobeuon (KBS2 / 2014) as Lee Seul BiThe Queen's Classroom | Yeowangui Kyosil (MBC / 2013) as Kim Seo HyunI Miss You | Bogosipda (MBC / 2012-2013) as Bo Ra (voice)* Mom is Acting Up | Ummaga Meogilrae (MBC / 2012) as Park Sae RonI Need Romance 2 | Romaenseuga Pilyohae 2 (tvN / 2012) as Yoon Gi Hyun (cameo)Fashion King | Paeseon Wang (SBS / 2012) as Ga Young (teen)* Heaven's Garden | Cheonsangui Hwawon (Channel A / 2011-2012) as Kang Eun SooCan You Hear My Heart | Naemaeumyi Deulrini (MBC / 2011) as Bong Woo Ri (young)
Bn-qIncIUAAMgdZ.jpg

Music Videos2014 Block B - Jackpot Teaser | MV | Behind Cut-

AWARDS2010 BUSTER Copenhagen International Film Festival for Children and Youth : Best Child Actor/Actress - Special Mention (A Brand New Life)2010 19th Buil Film Awards : Best New Actress (A Brand New Life) 2010 8th Korean Film Awards : Best New Actress (The Man from Nowhere) 2011 8th Max Movie Awards : Best New Actress (The Man from Nowhere)2013 MBC Drama Awards : Best Child Actor/Actress (The Queen's Classroom)2014 35th Blue Dragon Film Awards : Best New Actress (A Girl At My Door)
akr2011041602220000501i.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Child actress Kim Sae Ron reveals pictures of her two sisters

02156142.jpg

On May 1st, child actress Kim Sae Ron guested on MBC’s “Entertainment News” and surprised the audience by revealing her two younger siblings.

She introduced them by stating, “I have two younger sisters. The second oldest, Yeron, has a lot of interest in dancing and singing, while Aron is preparing to become an actress herself.”

Viewers gushed over their striking resemblance and praised their doll-like looks. Netizens commented, “Her sisters look like they would be talented just like her”, “So adorable”, “The three sisters are all so beautiful”, and “I hope to see them on TV soon!”

Later on the show, the child actress was also asked whether she still kept in contact with her “The Man From Nowhere” co-star, Won Bin. Her response definitely earned the envy from some Won Bin fans, when she said, “We keep in contact sometimes, but I can’t reply to him all the time because I have class.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/child-actress-kim-sae-ron-reveals-pictures-of-her-two-sisters

• 2 years later...

April 17, 2014
Kim Sae-ron cannot see her own film
By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

17195423.jpg

Thirteen-year-old actress Kim Sae-ron returns with a new film “Do-Hee” - but, once again, she will not be able to see it when it comes out, because the Korea Media Rating Board ruled that the film is not suitable for those under 19.
Directed by award-winning filmmaker Jung Joo-ri, “Do-Hee” follows the tale of a young girl in a remote sea town.
After her mother runs away, Do-hee is left with her brutal and abusive stepfather. 
Do-hee is saved by a police officer, played by actress Bae Doo-na, of “Cloud Atlas” (2013), which leads to the girl developing an obsession with her rescuer.
“The visual images of the film are so vivid that some young people might copy the behavior,” said the ratings board in a press release. “It apparently needs proper parental guidance as some scenes are very direct and violent.”
After debuting in 2009, Kim rose to fame through the violent thriller “The Man from Nowhere” (2010). 
Today’s press premiere for “Do-Hee” was canceled because of Wednesday’s ferry disaster.

Image_en_3_522a100f4f13d.png
April 18, 2014
A GIRL AT MY DOOR Invited to Un Certain RegardCannes Midnight Screenings Aim for THE TARGET by Pierce Conran KOFIC
20140418020711_0.jpg

Yesterday evening, the Cannes Film Festival held its main press conference for this year’s edition, where festival director Thierry Fremaux revealed the films that will screen in the Main Competition and Un Certain Regard, as well as the Special Screenings, Midnight Screenings and Out of Competition Films. Among the films announced were two Korean titles. A Girl at My Door, the debut film of director JUNG Joo-ri, was invited to compete in the Un Certain Regard section. The film stars BAE Doo-na as a police officer who tries to protect a young girl (KIM Sae-ron) from her violent father. A Girl at My Door is produced by LEE Chang-dong, a well-regarded figure at Cannes who has presented award-winning films such as Secret Sunshine (2007) and Poetry (2010). He also served as head of the Critic’s Week Jury in 2011. Two Korean films have won the Un Certain Regard Prize in the past: HONG Sangsoo’s HaHaHa in 2010 and KIM Ki-duk’s Arirang in 2011. This year’s Midnight Screenings will include the action-thriller The Target, from Death Bell (2008) director Chang. RYU Seung-ryong stars as a mercenary for hire who finds himself a target in someone else’s plot. He winds up in hospital and then with the help of a medical resident (LEE Jin-wook) goes on the run. The last Korean film to screen in the Midnight Screenings was NA Hong-jin’s The Chaser in 2008. Prior to the conference, the Short Film Competition and Cinefondation lineup were announced, and the latter will feature SOOM (Breath), a new student short from Chung-ang University. SOOM is a 33-minute short from director KWON Hyun-ju. Last year’s Cinefondation also featured a Korean short, KIM Soo-jin’s Line. The International Critics’ Week and Director’s Fortnight lineups will be revealed early next week. This year’s 67th Cannes International Film Festival will take place from May 14th to 25th.

April 18, 2014
‘Dohee-ya’ Starring Bae Doo Na Invited to Cannes Film Festival
CJ E&M enewsWorld Oh, MiJung  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung
An upcoming film Dohee-ya starring Bae Doo Na, Kim Sae Ron and Song Sae Byeok has been invited to The 67th Cannes Film Festival.
The film has been invited for ‘Un Certain Regard’ section, getting recognition for its uniqueness and originality with qualities in vision and style among the other international films. 
201404180844774964_53506877b6aaa.jpg

Director Hong Sang Soo’s Hahaha (2010) and director Kim Ki Duk’s Arirang (2011) have previously won the ‘Un Certain Regard’ section.
The only debut films that have been invited to the section from Korea are director Yoon Jong Bin’s The Unforgiven (2005) and director Jung Ju Ri’s Dohee-ya.
Director Jung Ju Ri said, “I can’t believe that my first full length film will be shown at Cannes Film Festival. I’m thankful and happy.”
Dohee-ya depicts the story of a 14 year old girl Dohee (Kim Sae Ron) suffering from domestic violence, who gets help from the town’s new police officer Young Nam (Bae Doo Na), but falls into a crisis due to the trap of her stepfather, Yong Ha (Song Sae Byeok).

Image_en_3_522a100f4f13d.png
April 19, 2014
Bae Doo Na, Kim Sae Ron & Song Sae Byeok invited to Cannes International Film Festival
Source: STARN News
20140418013836_5350038c52c1e_1.jpg
Bae Doo Na, Kim Sae Ron, and Song Sae Byeok were invited to Cannes International Film Festival once again.

On April 17th, the production agency of movie 'Do Hee' said, "'Do Hee' was officially invited to the 67th Cannes International Film Festival for 'Un Certain Regard' section."
'Do Hee' is a movie about a police named Young Nam(Bae Doo Na) getting into a trouble while trying to help a 14 year-old girl named Do Hee(Kim Sae Ron), who was suffering from her stepfather's physical abuse.
'Un Certain Regard' section of Cannes International Film Festival introduces films with unique styles or ideas, and focus on their creativities.
'Un Certain Regard' is considered as one of the three main parts of Cannes International Film Festival, and Korean films that were introduced during 'Un Certain Regard' section of previous Cannes International Film Festival include 'Mother,' 'Yellow Sea,' and 'Arirang.' Furthermore, director Hong Sang Woo's 'Ha Ha Ha' and Kim Ki Duk's 'Arirang' received awards.
Director Yoon Jong Bin's 'The Unforgiven' debuted through the section back in 2005, and 'Do Hee' became the second Korean film to debut through the section.
Director Jung Joo Ri said, "I cannot believe that I am going to introduce my first major film at Cannes International Film Festival. I am feeling a profound gratitude for this amazing chance."
Bae Doo Na, who visited Cannes back in 2006 and 2009 with films 'The Host' and 'Air Doll,' is going to make her third visit to Cannes with 'Do Hee.' Kim Sae Ron, who was the youngest actress to get invited to Cannes Film Festival back in 2009, is also going to make her second visit to Cannes along with Song Sae Byeok, who visited Cannes with 'Mother' before.
Meanwhile, 'Do Hee' is going to be officially released in May.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

April 18, 2014
Three Korean films to be featured at Cannes
By Claire Lee (dyc@heraldcorp.com) The Korea Herald

cannes2014.jpg

Three Korean films have been invited to this year’s Cannes International Film Festival, according to the movies’ local promoters.
Actress Bae Doo-na’s latest drama film “A Girl at My Door” will be screened in the festival’s Un Certain Regard section, along with Ryan Gosling’s “Lost River” and Wang Chao’s “Fantasia,” and 16 others, while director Chang’s “The Target” has been included in the Midnight Screenings section. Chung-Ang University student Kwon Hyun-ju’s short “Breath” will be screened in the Cinefondation section.
“A Girl at My Door” is filmmaker July Jung’s feature debut. It tells the story of a policewoman named Young-nam (Bae), who gets placed in a rural port town after being demoted in the city. 
The plot of the film develops as Young-nam meets local teenager Do-hee (played by Kim Sae-ron), who is exposed to constant physical abuse, and tries to find ways to help her. Actor Song Sae-byeok, who gave memorable performances in “The Servant” (2010) and “The Suck Up Project” (2012), is appearing as Do-hee’s stepfather.
Director Chang’s “The Target” is a Korean remake of 2010 French action-thriller “Point Blank.” Starring Ryu Seung-ryong (“Miracle in Cell No. 7”) and Yoo Jun-sang, the film evolves around an ordinary doctor who is desperate to save his pregnant and kidnapped wife, as well as an ex-mercenary killer who is framed for the murder of an influential corporate leader. 
Meanwhile, Kwon Hyun-ju’s short film “Breath” has been included in the festival’s Cinefondation section, which focuses on films made by film school students. Kwon’s film, which deals with the emotional turmoil of a daughter whose mother has been living in a coma, is one of the 16 films selected. A total of 1,631 films were submitted for the section, from 320 different schools worldwide. 
No Korean films are in this year’s competition lineup. Im Sang-soo’s drama “The Taste of Money” was the last Korean film to be screened in competition at Cannes, in 2012. 

April 19, 2014
‘The Target’, ‘A Girl at My Door’, Cannes Film Festival Midnight – invited noticeable eye
Source: Innolife Korea
9307_1.jpg

‘A Girl at My Door’ of Jung Ju-Ri director, and ‘The Target’ of Chang, was invited to the 67th Cannes Film Festival, as Noticeable Eye and Midnight Weekly.
The executive officer of the film festival opened the invited movies on 17th(local time). According to the officer ‘The Target’ and ‘A Girl at My Door’ was named for official invited movie of Cannes Film Festival.‘A Girl at My Door is the cruel and beautiful drama about a girl who is exposed to violence. Bae Doo-Na, Kim Se-Ron, Song Sae-Byuk took the leading roles. ‘The Target’ which Ryoo Seung-Ryong, Lee Jin-Wook, and Kim Sung-Ryung, appears, is the action thriller about the man who struggles to clear himself of a false charge. 
Meanwhile the 67th Cannes Film Festival will be held from May 14th to 25th. [Photo=Movie]

April 20, 2014
Korean movies heading to Cannes
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE KOrea JoongAng Daily

Three Korean films - “A Girl at My Door,” “The Target” and “Breath” - have been invited to this year’s Cannes International Film Festival, according to local reports. 
Yoon Hong-seung’s action thriller “The Target,” starring Ryu Seung-ryong, was invited as part of the Midnight Screening section, one of the noncompetitive categories in the festival. The movie gets its domestic release on April 30. 
July Jung’s debut film “A Girl at My Door,” featuring Bae Doo-na and Kim Sae-ron, will compete in the festival’s Un Certain Regard section, which focuses on unique and creative films. Jung’s film, about a young girl who is abused by her stepfather, gets released in Korea in May.
“Breath” is a short film by Kwon Hyun-ju, a Chung-Ang University student. It is the story of a daughter grappling with how to care for her brain-dead mother. It was invited to the Cinefondation section for young filmmakers. This year, 16 shorts from 11 countries were invited to this section.
The Cannes Film Festival runs from May 14 to 25.

April 23, 2014
3 Korean Films To Be Screened At Cannes International Film Festival
Source: KBS Global
n_20140423e_08.jpg

Korean films have been gaining more attention internationally. This year at the prestigious Cannes International Film Festival, three Korean movies will be screened: "The Target", "A Girl At My Door", and "Breath".
"The Target", directed by Chang, will be screened for a midnight screening. It stars Ryu Seung-ryong, and is a remake of the 2010 French movie titled "Point Blank". In the story, a former mercenary is accused of a crime he isn't guilty of. He embarks to prove his innocence, but finds himself in the middle of a dangerous conspiracy. "The Target" is scheduled to premiere in Korea's theatres on April 30th.
"A Girl At My Door" boasts a cast of Bae Doo-na, Song Sa-byeok, and Kim Sae-ron. It's a mystery film directed by a newcomer filmmaker Jang Ju-ri. It takes place in a small Korean town bordering the ocean, and follows a series of disturbing events. It is scheduled for a release in Korea sometime in May.
"Breath" will be one of 16 short films screened at the festival this year, directed by a Chungang University student named Kwon Hyun-ju. The 33-minute-long movie is about a young woman who has to deal with the news that her mother has been pronounced brain-dead.
The Cannes International Film Festival will run from May 14-25th this year.

April 28, 2014
Cannes Film ‘A Girl at My Door (Dohee-ya)’ to Premiere on May 22
CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

The film A Girl at My Door (Dohee-ya), which has been invited to The 67th Cannes Film Festival will premiere on May 22.
A Girl at My Door starring Bae Doo Na, Kim Sae Ron and Song Sae Byeok, is a story of a girl (Kim Sae Ron) who makes a dangerous choice in order to protect what is the most precious to her. 
64634002.jpg

The main trailer released along with the premiering date, hints at the relationship between the three main characters: the town’s new governor (Bae Doo Na), a secretive girl who is exposed to cruel violence from the town (Kim Sae Ron) and her stepfather (Song Sae Byeok).
A Girl at My Door is director Jung Joo Ri’s first full length movie. It has been invited to compete in Un Certain Regard section at The 67th Cannes Film Festival.
Photo credit: Movie Collage

• 2 weeks later...

May 12, 2014
Kim Sae-ron becomes high school angel by girlfriday http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/05/kim-sae-ron-becomes-high-school-angel/

Okay, time is seriously flying by if Kim Sae-ron (Queen’s Classroom, Ajusshi) is going to play a high-schooler. It doesn’t seem right, but the math says she’s a teenager and the casting stories confirm that she’ll be headlining the new KBS teen drama High School as its leading lady. Though the series is being called a remake of the early-2000s school drama Sharp, High School will actually be a fantasy story about an angel who tries to save a high school boy and gets stuck being human. Man, and as a high-schooler at that. As if getting your wings clipped wasn’t bad enough, you get hormones and homework too?
Kim Sae-ron will play the angel who watches over the district where Infinite’s Nam Woo-hyun lives. In trying to save his life, she becomes human (presumably because angels shouldn’t be intervening in human affairs, if angel TV lore has taught me anything). And so she ends up going to high school with him, and is as pure and naive and totally clueless about the world as you’d expect. At least there’s an actual reason for the heroine to be as pure as the driven snow, instead of just “because she’s a girl,” which, gag. But newly human is suddenly far more interesting.
Woo-hyun’s character is a Cassanova-type, and his main rival will be played by Lee Sung-yeol (also of idol group Infinite). They’re both popular with all the girls, but it’ll be Kim Sae-ron’s angel who commands their attention. 4Minute’s Nam Ji-hyun has also been cast in a supporting role. It’s being called a “fantasy coming-of-age drama” and with the new supernatural angle, it could be an interesting departure from the usual high school dramas that we see.
High School will be a 20-episode series beginning in June, and the network is still hashing out details over the timeslot.
Via TV Report

May 13, 2014
Bae Doo-na in 'Dohee-ya'
PYH2014051300430031500_P2.jpg

Actress Bae Doo-na (L) poses at an event in Seoul on May 12, 2014, to showcase the new film "Doohee-ya," the story of a 14-year-old girl struggling with domestic violence with the help of a police officer. Actress Kim Sae-ron is on her right. (Yonhap) (END)

May 13, 2014
[Herald Review] ‘A Girl at My Door’ powerful, resonating study of the alienatedFilmmaker July Jung goes to Cannes with her debut feature
By Claire Lee The Korea Herald

20140513000626_0.jpg
Bae Doo-na (left) and Kim Sae-ron pose during a press conference promoting “A Girl at My Door” in Seoul on Monday. (Yonhap)
In a quiet, seemingly uneventful Korean port town, Young-nam (Bae Doo-na), a young woman with a pale face, arrives as the head of its police substation ― after being demoted from Seoul. All of her subordinates in the station are men, most of whom are older than she. On her way to her new house in the village, she runs into Yong-ha (Song Sae-byeok), “the man who runs the economy of the town,” who smiles derisively after learning that Young-nam is the new chief officer.
Filmmaker July Jung’s feature debut “A Girl at My Door,” which has been invited to the Un Certain Regard section of this year’s Cannes International Film Festival, was unveiled to the local press on Monday. 
“I guess one of the reasons why I wrote this story was because I was lonely myself,” filmmaker Jung told reporters. “I wanted to tell a story about lonely people, and how they can comfort each other ― and explore if that is actually possible.”
And her film does just that. Young-nam, though seemingly content, is in fact deeply troubled. She cannot sleep without the help of soju, so she keeps the transparent liquor in countless water bottles ― making it look as if what she is consuming every day is water. 
20140513000625_0.jpg
Kim Sae-ron plays an abused child in “A Girl at My Door.” (CGV Movie Collage)
The peaceful rural town very soon reveals its brutal and violent side when Young-nam runs into Do-hee (Kim Sae-ron), Yong-ha’s teenage stepdaughter who is exposed to constant physical abuse. She also learns that Yong-ha helps local fisheries hire undocumented immigrants, many of whom are underpaid or not paid at all. Most of the locals, however, keep silent about the injustices that Do-hee and the migrant workers endure, as Yong-ha helps them make money. The village is mostly populated by aging natives, as their children all leave for cities once grown.
The film pays most attention to Young-nam’s relationship with Do-hee, who, in director Jung’s words, “doesn’t even realize she is lonely.” The teenager is constantly beaten by her stepfather and her grandmother, and also bullied by her classmates at school. Concerned for Do-hee’s safety, Young-nam keeps the teenager at her house. For the first time in her life, Do-hee meets someone who does not beat her and who actually calls her by her name ― the Korean title of the film is “Doheeya,” which translates to “Hey Do-hee” ― instead swearing at her. But Do-hee’s happy period abruptly ends when Yong-ha finds out Young-nam’s secrets, which are linked to why she was demoted back in Seoul, and uses them against her. 
Aside from its main plot, which deftly blends mystery and thriller, the film does an impressive job of tackling modern Korean social issues, including homosexuality, small-town politics, migration and labor. What’s most resonating, arguably, is Young-nam’s first encounters with Do-hee and the migrant workers, and her look of vulnerability when she witnesses the injustice; in spite of her authority, Young-nam, who is forced to keep one of her identities a secret, knows she shares more in common with the abused than her fellow officers. In spite of her isolation, which even leads her to alcoholism, her integrity does not allow her to compromise in order to fit in. The three lead actors, especially Bae, offer memorable performances as troubled, lonely and searching souls. 

May 13, 2014
Four Korean Actresses to Attend Cannes Film Festival by timmydee http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/13/four-korean-actresses-to-attend-cannes-film-festival/#.U3L1aoGSwsA

Korean-actresses.jpg
Four Korean actresses are heading to the Cannes International Film Festival, which begins May 14. Jeon Do Yeon, Song Hye Kyo, Bae Doo Na and Kim Se Ron are all bound for the south of France, where they are set to take part in media activities. Jeon Do Yeon won the Best Actress award at the festival in 2007 for her role in “Secret Sunshine,” directed by Lee Chang Dong, and will be a member of the jury panel this year.
Lee Chang Dong is well-known at the iconic film festival. He won an award for Best Screenplay in 2010 for the movie “Poetry.” His latest film, “A Girl at My Door,” starring Bae Doo Na and Kim Se Ron, will be screening at Cannes, with both actresses in attendance.
Also attending the festival is Song Hye Kyo, who will be joining John Woo, director of her forthcoming movie, “The Crossing,” for a press conference and a series of interviews. Although “The Crossing” will not be shown at Cannes, its makers are hopeful that, with the world’s media in attendance, they can stir up interest for the movie, which is slated for release in winter this year.

May 13, 2014
SHOWBIZ: A look at Cannes, Asian
By Gertjan Zuilhof New Straits Times
Will Cannes 2014 be a good year for Asian Cinema? Gertjan Zuilhof looks at selected films that are to be screened
FOR this year’s Cannes International Film Festival, let’s start with the smallest but important section at the festival, namely The Critics Week.
In the week before the announcement for the nominated films, I was in Beijing and the Chinese filmmakers were curious to know if one particular young Chinese (only first and second films from a filmmaker are eligibly for entry for The Critics Week) had made it. Rumour had it that this year’s event will see no Asian films competing in this section. Sadly, the rumour turned out to be true.
But in other, and seemingly more important sections, works by Asian filmmakers seem to be thriving.
The Director’s Fortnight is officially not part of the festival, being originally a “protest” section to the final nominated films, but it has been part of what the festival is all about — like the red carpets and the rise of petty crime (pick pockets) during this period.
The Fortnight brings two Asian films: a Japanese animation film called Kaguya-hime no monogatari (The Story Of Princesse Kaguya) by veteran director Isao Takahata and the South Korean Kkeut-kka-ji-gan-da (A Hard Day) by Seong-hun Kim, a police crime movie.
Certain Regards is the official section that, next to the Competition, shows a programme with lesser known filmmakers or younger directors. Here, we find a South Korean film Dohee-Ya (A Girl At My Door) by July Jung, and Fantasia, a movie from mainland China by Wang Chao which seems to follow on his series of films highlighting on the problems of living in modern China.
The South Koreans do well this year because there is an entry in the Midnight Screening (mostly for the more violent genre films) by a director who goes by the name Chang, with his work Pyo Jeao (The Target).
Not in the Competition section, but to be screened during the festival is the new film by Zhang Yimou called Coming Home. Yimou is, no doubt, one of the biggest names around and this time, he tells a story about a woman writer (played by Gong Li) set during the Cultural Revolution.
The most prestigious slot in The Competition for an Asian filmmaker this year is given to the well-known Japanese female director Naomi Kawase with her new film, Still The Water. The movie, set on the subtropical Japanese island of Amami, may just be her lucky entry to win the Golden Palm award.
The Cannes International Film Festival is from tomorrow until May 25
ximage.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7drn1QaXaW.webp
Kim Sae-ron, the 14 year-old Korean actress in Dohee-Ya, (A Girl at my Door), by July Jung.

May 16, 2014
July Jung work selected by Cannes
By CARLA SUNWOOKorea JoongAng Daily

15203032.jpg
Kim Sae-ron, front, and Bae Doo-na play two lonely females in “A Girl at My Door.” Provided by CGV Movie Collage
Bae Doo-na will make a comeback to Korean cinema with “A Girl at My Door” (Dohee-ya) this month. The film made this year’s Cannes’ official selection, or Un Certain Regard, and is one of the three Korean films invited this year. 
Bae, 34, who has spent the last few years working on Hollywood films, from “Cloud Atlas” (2012) to “Jupiter Ascending,” (2014), takes on the role of a policewoman named Young-nam who is transferred from Seoul to a seaside town. 
Although she tries to remain low-key at the request of her superiors, Young-nam starts rocking the boat in order to protect a young girl named Do-hee (Kim Sae-ron) who is being abused by her stepfather. 
Director July Jung said she was thrilled to have her first feature “about lonely people” screen at Cannes. 
“I wasn’t expecting this at all, even now it doesn’t feel real,” Jung said.
For Bae, who said she labors over every script pitched to her, “A Girl at My Door” was a no-brainer. “I was won over in record time,” she said, attributing time spent abroad for being able to relate to the loneliness that pervades the film. 
“I fell for this Do-hee character, and regardless of who would be playing [her], I wanted to be there supporting her.” The film opens May 22. 

Archived