Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Acne thread (mods please close)

12345679»

Replies

• hot-chocolatehot-chocolate FrancePosts: 311Member

ROOKIE

UPDATE

Last update for this month, just letting you know more about my channel and what its goal really is.
    Hope you understand my purpose a little more through this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAgENu-v6Qs
    I am a sucker for KIM HYUN JOONG.
    ThexxAcnexxChick's thread - A place to discuss acne and help acne sufferers.
    My YouTube channel - A place to discuss acne and beauty.
    FloralAnatomy - A place for makeup!
  • GRAPEJUICEGRAPEJUICE Posts: 1,183Member
    edited February 2012
    Yes, I received my Skin Drink serum package from Renee Rouleau last week. It contains Sodium PCA and Sodium Hyaluronate in the top ingredients (great stuff). I was thinking about purchasing her Glycolic Acid 10% and Hawaiian Nourishing Cream too. I think using the Skin Drink for a week has given me more luminous skin, but that might just be hopeful thinking.

The only reason I asked was because her products have only been around for 20 years and I heard it's only good to buy from established skincare companies. The Skin Drink sounds way too pure/organic; I'm hoping there is nothing fake or harmful about it.

I did some research on her and she's been featured on magazines, and her website is spotless.

Maybe I shouldn't be asking on this thread. I'm just kind of nervous. I hoping the Glycolic Acid can help with some of my pimple scars. If not, do you know any good brands where I can get something with purely Sodium PCA and Sodium Hyaluronate in it, and Glycolic Acid? Most serums that contain Sodium PCA and SH seem to always contain alcohol or loads of other unnecessary ingredients as well. I'm so frustrated.

Should I just put my faith in this Renee Rouleaou? reneerouleaou.com
  • FlicksityyFlicksityy AustraliaPosts: 3,235Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    I don't suffer from acne (but instead eczema) - however I would like to applaud you for being brave enough to post photos of your acne. You have shown that you are beautiful inside and out with accompanied reliability and credibility. Much in contrast to youtube gurus (e.g. holly ann aeree :rolleyes: ) that are never seen sporting a bare face because of their lack of self confidence and inability to admit that all individuals are indeed flawed.

Good work, and keep it going!
  • OnimalOnimal Posts: 51Member, New Member
    edited February 2012
    @GRAPEJUICE
    Even if it's a bit off topic, the OP is understanding and is generally a nice person. It's just that She and I got off at a shaky start hence the tension between us for the past few posts.

Anyways...If your not happy with Skin Drink, there's a company called Devita with products using the same active ingredient as ReneeRouleaou's Skin Drink Serum without the alcohol and unecessary inactive ingredients. Judging by the years of establishment Reneerouleaou is unlikely to have products using fake ingredients, can't be too sure as I haven't researched their reputation. I'm not sure about the adverse effects as they didn't state the complete ingredient list, though companies do this to stop competitior from mimicking their formulas.

I've actually taken some of the OP's suggestions regarding cosmetic development, except there's no incentive for me to start a point of sale beyond my personal skin care needs. Here's a site which may be of your interest, where they sell natural cosmetic ingredients http://www.makingcosmetics.com/, it's got everything you want to make your own skin care product. The ingredients at makingcosmetic do have a fair price considering their high concentration, they are after all a natural cosmetic ingredient distributor for individuals and other small business selling cosmetic product line. There's quite a lot of articles teaching about make up formulation. It's easier than it sounds or look, although you may want to invest in some lab equipment. If you want you could use those ingredients in isolation or apply them in serial.

If your outside of the US you could always find your suitable ingredient supplier nearby with lower delivery cost.. http://www.cosmeticsbusiness.com//company/list_by_category/512

Here's the price comparison:
    Sodium PCA @ makingcosmetics - 4.2 fl oz / 125ml ($5.20)
    Hyaluronic Acid @ makingcosmetics - 0.35 oz / 10g ($19.00)
    AHA Fruit Acids @ makingcosmetics - 2.0 fl oz / 60ml ($12.60) < contains Glycolic Acid
    Skin Drink Serum @ reneerouleaou - 0.5 oz - $35.50
    High Performance Glycolic Acid Blend @ devita - 1.7oz/50 ml $32.95 < contains Sodium PCA
    Hyaluronic SeruGel @ devita - 1 oz/30 ml $45.95

@Athena, I realise that I could be irritatingly pendantic at times, all the intellectual stimulus is draining for me aswell, I don't want to bothered in debating. it's not worth me disputing over a common cause influenced by the same underlying mechanism of action. Thanks for your time and understanding. I'd be glad to chip in from time to time, I'd try not going over the top in the future.

ROOKIE

GRAPEJUICE wrote on 21 February 2012 - 04:52 PM:

Yes, I received my Skin Drink serum package from Renee Rouleau last week. It contains Sodium PCA and Sodium Hyaluronate in the top ingredients (great stuff). I was thinking about purchasing her Glycolic Acid 10% and Hawaiian Nourishing Cream too. I think using the Skin Drink for a week has given me more luminous skin, but that might just be hopeful thinking.

The only reason I asked was because her products have only been around for 20 years and I heard it's only good to buy from established skincare companies. The Skin Drink sounds way too pure/organic; I'm hoping there is nothing fake or harmful about it.

I did some research on her and she's been featured on magazines, and her website is spotless.

Maybe I shouldn't be asking on this thread. I'm just kind of nervous. I hoping the Glycolic Acid can help with some of my pimple scars. If not, do you know any good brands where I can get something with purely Sodium PCA and Sodium Hyaluronate in it, and Glycolic Acid? Most serums that contain Sodium PCA and SH seem to always contain alcohol or loads of other unnecessary ingredients as well. I'm so frustrated.

Should I just put my faith in this Renee Rouleaou? reneerouleaou.com

Hi,

So having said that I have not tried any of the Renée Rouleau products (I am very keen on skin products and I don't order online), I may not be a very good help for this one.

As the poster above has given information that can be more useful, all I can add is that try is an essential action we all need to do. As preposterous it is to think that we can just put anything on our skin, the only way we really learn by using common cosmetic products is to give it a try, have a bad reaction and stay away from it.
    Personally my skin doesn't react to anything which is quite peculiar, but you have to consider your skin as an individual itself and you can't really compare it to anyone's given the fact that despite that type of point of view, there is still a way to categorize your skin. Just keep in mind not to expect too much from any of the products you are using.

As for you wing scared to ask, I don't bite, I can just be a really angry/tired person sometimes. You can always ask questions here, there is no problem. If you seem very intimidated by other posters and pseudo-debates/arguments you can always leave a comment/question on my blog with your email address and I'll be glad to help.

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    Onimal wrote on 22 February 2012 - 08:08 AM:

@GRAPEJUICE
    Even if it's a bit off topic, the OP is understanding and is generally a nice person. It's just that She and I got off at a shaky start hence the tension between us for the past few posts.

Anyways...If your not happy with Skin Drink, there's a company called Devita with products using the same active ingredient as ReneeRouleaou's Skin Drink Serum without the alcohol and unecessary inactive ingredients. Judging by the years of establishment Reneerouleaou is unlikely to have products using fake ingredients, can't be too sure as I haven't researched their reputation. I'm not sure about the adverse effects as they didn't state the complete ingredient list, though companies do this to stop competitior from mimicking their formulas.

I've actually taken some of the OP's suggestions regarding cosmetic development, except there's no incentive for me to start a point of sale beyond my personal skin care needs. Here's a site which may be of your interest, where they sell natural cosmetic ingredients http://www.makingcosmetics.com/, it's got everything you want to make your own skin care product. The ingredients at makingcosmetic do have a fair price considering their high concentration, they are after all a natural cosmetic ingredient distributor for individuals and other small business selling cosmetic product line. There's quite a lot of articles teaching about make up formulation. It's easier than it sounds or look, although you may want to invest in some lab equipment. If you want you could use those ingredients in isolation or apply them in serial.

If your outside of the US you could always find your suitable ingredient supplier nearby with lower delivery cost.. http://www.cosmeticsbusiness.com//company/list_by_category/512

Here's the price comparison:
    Sodium PCA @ makingcosmetics - 4.2 fl oz / 125ml ($5.20)
    Hyaluronic Acid @ makingcosmetics - 0.35 oz / 10g ($19.00)
    AHA Fruit Acids @ makingcosmetics - 2.0 fl oz / 60ml ($12.60) < contains Glycolic Acid
    Skin Drink Serum @ reneerouleaou - 0.5 oz - $35.50
    High Performance Glycolic Acid Blend @ devita - 1.7oz/50 ml $32.95 < contains Sodium PCA
    Hyaluronic SeruGel @ devita - 1 oz/30 ml $45.95

@Athena, I realise that I could be irritatingly pendantic at times, all the intellectual stimulus is draining for me aswell, I don't want to bothered in debating. it's not worth me disputing over a common cause influenced by the same underlying mechanism of action. Thanks for your time and understanding. I'd be glad to chip in from time to time, I'd try not going over the top in the future.

No problem at all! I know that obviously I'm not as open as I am with my own personal acne, it's a very delicate case since it has led to so many problems within my own social life and family and I get real tacky when you someone else who doesn't know much about my personal case talks about it.
    But I understand your intentions are good, obviously you are a very informative and quite clever soompier which actually makes me happy people like you on soompier still take time to give out informative posts instead of just giving me a line, not that a line is a problem.

Post anytime you want, I'll be working on researching as well since we're actually talking about acne in my class right now. Might video update or something.

x

ANNOUNCEMENT

PLEASE VISIT MY FRIENDS ACNE/BEAUTY BLOG.
    So far it has been one of the most resourceful blogs I have read in terms of products reviews (I mean have you ever seen a user put out ingredients and tell you their exacty scientifical function?) and acne discussions that no other beauty guru would ever talk about like a real person who has suffered from true acne.

PLEASE! I rather have you read her blog than mine/watch my videos.

LEAVE COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, AND OPNIONS.

http://puritti.uninsomnia.org/
    Onimal

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I HAVE A NEW BLOG.
    THE OLD ONE, IF YOU WERE FOLLOWING, SHALL BE DELETED.

PLEASE READ MY ACNE CONFESSION ON:

http://dearacne.blogspot.com/

Flicksityy wrote on 22 February 2012 - 12:33 AM:

I don't suffer from acne (but instead eczema) - however I would like to applaud you for being brave enough to post photos of your acne. You have shown that you are beautiful inside and out with accompanied reliability and credibility. Much in contrast to youtube gurus (e.g. holly ann aeree :rolleyes: ) that are never seen sporting a bare face because of their lack of self confidence and inability to admit that all individuals are indeed flawed.

Good work, and keep it going!

Thank you!
    You made me smile like a little girl. Sincerely, I'm happy you see my actions that way.
    And I do hope more people will see my work as something else than "attracting attetion".
    OnimalFlicksityy

ROOKIE

I'd like to know if people here on soompi who have interest for this thread would still want me to update it.
    I've been hesitating to ask the moderators to close it down due to lack of debate/conversation and activity in here.
    Please do let me know by replying here or PMing me.

With love,
    Athena.

ROOKIE

edited March 2012

ROOKIE

edited March 2012

ROOKIE

ANNOUNCEMENT

After thorough thought, I decided to discontinue this thread and finally move all information to my new blog.
    Whether it gets view or not, it shall be from now on the only way you can contact me if you have questions about acne.
    I've always decided to leave soompi for several reasons which I shall not state due to reader's discretion and respect for the forum itself.

So here is the address for my new blog, I'll be answer all questions only on there from now on.
    I'm very sorry.

My YouTube channel is discontinued as well.
    http://mybeautifulacne.wordpress.com/