Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My 200 Day Challenge ♥♥♥

chunmeileechunmeilee Posts: 53Member
edited February 2011 in fitness & sports
weight loss journal
200 DAY CHALLENGE

etwndcz.jpg

Hi!
I`m Chun Mei from Canada :D
Ive been over weight after elementary. I like to eat a lot before, it was my stress reliever but as of now it
kinda bothers me because everyone around me are skinny and I want to fit in to the clothes I want to wear >..<

INFO

Name: ChunMEi
Height: 5`1
Weight:70 kg

A LITTLE BACKGROUND:

I started the 200 day challenge after watching an episode of dream high... my friends call it pilsook challenge
I was soo amazeed at how pilsook lost weight after 200 days so I challenged myself also :D
I started researching about diet and exercise and found out that jumping rope do really help lose weight fast,
and since I gave slow metabolism, I look for foods to help it go faster... thats when I found this:

nbybfd.png

Its a list of food that can help my metabolism to get faster <3

I started the challenge last FEB 4, My weight that time is 80 kg, after two weeks I lost 10 kg :D
reading weight loss stories here in soompi also gives inspiration to my weight loss,
I wish I could also inspire other people by posting this and having them read it

MY GOAL:

WEIGHT: 45kg

MY DAILY DIET:

Breakfast:

10 wheat biscuits (80 cal) and yogurt (90 cal)

Lunch:

half portion of foods I`ll get for lunch and fruit

Dinner:

bread and butter and banana (if not hungry)
or half portion of foods I`ll get for dinner and banana
(mom doesnt want me skipping dinner >..< )

for snacks: I`ll just eat whatever as long its 20 to 80 cal

MY DAILY EXERCISE:

JUMPING ROPE for 3 to 5 hours while watching tv or listening to music :D
and daily activities

EDIT: I'll just do 1 hour of jumping rope plus stretching and resistance training

thanks soompiers for info's it'll be a huge help for me :D

ilYoorisilentcursepreciousjessey

Replies

• MsChaofanMsChaofan Posts: 441Member
    Wow wow waitaminute, 3 to 5 hours of jumping rope PER DAY? I hope that's spread over the day...ph34r.gif You should also do some resistance training to also boost your metabolism and to tighten your um, areas? phew.gif When you get better at jumping rope, you should try some variations as to not get bored and so your body doesn't get too used to the exercise. Challenge yourself!

How many calories are that in one day? It seems a bit too extreme to me, you should at LEAST be eating 1200. I did that once and I felt exhausted because of the lack of nutrition and I was too lightheaded to continue exercising. 
    Other than this, I wish you good luck!biggrin.gif
    resizewizard1a.jpg
    Mr. Pig!
  • chunmeileechunmeilee Posts: 53Member
    MsChaofan wrote on 23 February 2011 - 11:54 PM:

Wow wow waitaminute, 3 to 5 hours of jumping rope PER DAY? I hope that's spread over the day...*quoted image* You should also do some resistance training to also boost your metabolism and to tighten your um, areas? *quoted image* When you get better at jumping rope, you should try some variations as to not get bored and so your body doesn't get too used to the exercise. Challenge yourself!

How many calories are that in one day? It seems a bit too extreme to me, you should at LEAST be eating 1200. I did that once and I felt exhausted because of the lack of nutrition and I was too lightheaded to continue exercising. 
    Other than this, I wish you good luck!*quoted image*

I do it while watching tv or listening to music... at first it was hard but now its kind of everyday activity.
    I stretch first before skipping rope, I stop everytime I need to take a deep breathing or got tired but after
    gaining energy I do it again. once in a while I go swimmming and play sports... what kinds of resistance training should I do?? can you give me some advice for that??

as for the food lunch is where i got a lot of calories so I think its ok, I was in trouble first because I only eat salad for lunch before, my dad drove me to the doctor because I was lacking protein and calcium, other than that I got no problems about my eating habits :D
  • duh123duh123 Posts: 1,377Member

IDOL

i think your progress pictures should be you in the same outfit (a simple outfit like workout shorts and a plain tank/beater) taken in the same place at the same time every week throughout your journey to properly show the physical transformation. it will show more clearly the weight coming off and it would save you from saying "oh sorry, i don't have many good pictures." it'll also help you later on when you look back at your own progress and be proud of what you see.

you may hit a plateau soon so you will need to do more than just jumprope. it's great that you are making this effort and this change. just don't deprive yourself and be consistent.

i highly recommended blogilates on youtube. cassey is amazing!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates
  • kimmmmykimmmmy credit; lovesnsdlove Posts: 1,909Member
    What you did to your wall is so pretty. *_________________* 
    Mind if I join you? XD I've always been overweight, the fattest in my family family and my family as in relatives. 
    So depressing. Hehe. Good luck and I'll come check on you from time to time. >P 
    Power Of 9
    Credit; crappynco.
  • chunmeileechunmeilee Posts: 53Member
    duh123 wrote on 24 February 2011 - 06:24 AM:

i think your progress pictures should be you in the same outfit (a simple outfit like workout shorts and a plain tank/beater) taken in the same place at the same time every week throughout your journey to properly show the physical transformation. it will show more clearly the weight coming off and it would save you from saying "oh sorry, i don't have many good pictures." it'll also help you later on when you look back at your own progress and be proud of what you see.

you may hit a plateau soon so you will need to do more than just jumprope. it's great that you are making this effort and this change. just don't deprive yourself and be consistent.

i highly recommended blogilates on youtube. cassey is amazing!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates

thanks for the info...
    my plan is to take pictures everyweek or two weeks :D
    I love the link you gave me I'll be watching it for future references :))

kimmmmy wrote on 24 February 2011 - 09:45 AM:

What you did to your wall is so pretty. *_________________* 
    Mind if I join you? XD I've always been overweight, the fattest in my family family and my family as in relatives. 
    So depressing. Hehe. Good luck and I'll come check on you from time to time. >P 

sure you can join me, that would be awesome :D
    I'm also the fattest one in our family, if you look in our family pics I really stand out because I'm fat >..<
  • kiiemlkiieml Posts: 64Member
    edited February 2011
    sorry, just so then you know. pil suk never actually lost weight within 200 days it was just written in the script. the actress, IU, was thin already and in a body suit. sooo technically "pil suk" did not lose any actual weight in real life. just saying` good luck though :)
    &lt;3goesDOKIDOKI
  • TVBuddyTVBuddy Posts: 2,395Member
    1. Pilsuk is a fictional character. She lost 30 kilos in 200 days. Lets see...30 kilos = 66 lbs in 200 days....I guess that's okay, but you shouldn't follow her diet 100% it's a part of the script. You should watch like I used to be fat or something like that... I'm a fatass, but I'm not motivated...yet..
     I took a dump five minutes ago, my Richard Simmons is still not wiped yet, you're welcome to give it a smooch.
  • SearesrayneSearesrayne yay areaPosts: 904Member

IDOL

Be aware of yogurt being high in sugar (some yogurt lol) xD I suggest Greek yogurt much better choice :)and has nice protein xD

>_> <_< what exactly are your snacks? 20-80 calories is so broad LOL

I don't know your details, but where are your fruits and vegetables? xD your so general about dinner and lunch LOL
  • purexorangepurexorange Posts: 1,259Member
    snacks that are 20-80 cal???
    that would be quite hard to find unless you're eating like a slice of apple or something >.>
    snacks should be like a handful of nuts, a whole fruit, a granola bar etc.
    don't limit yourself to counting calories and eat what is healthy.

min1311
  • cantilovecantilove Posts: 10Member
    15 foods that boost your metabolism. must try ^__^
    min1311
  • azn_honeyazn_honey Posts: 97Member

ROOKIE

do you mind if i join???
    we can inform each other about our succeeds
    i also want to lose weight
    and i also like the drama dream high
    it really motivates me how pilsuk lost so much weight

fighting!!!

mail back
    LoveSHINeeKey
  • ddongxpddongxp Posts: 177Member
    i'm also doing the "pilsook" diet. i guess thats what you can call it.
    however, i am only doing it for 100 days.
    I changed my eating habits to no white colored foods (white flour, salt, sugar, white rice) and smaller portions
    also i do about 100 minutes of jumprope a day (morning 50 minutes, night 50 minutes) and walk an hour daily.
    if you're interested in having a diet buddy, please pm me :)
    and good luck on your diet

FYI to others: SHE KNOWS PILSOOK (IU) IS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER. HOWEVER IT IS PROVEN THAT HER DIETARY METHODS DO WORK AND ITS ACTUALLY A VERY GOOD/POSSIBLE TO LOSE 20-30 KG IN 200 DAYS.
    ALL IT IS IS EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST, SMALLER LUNCH, AND VERY SMALL DINNER, EAT HEALTHIER, AND JUMP-ROPE 30 MINUTES TO AN HOUR. OF COURSE YOU'RE GONNA LOSE WEIGHT

etgyo0.jpg
    ©ddongxp; do not take
  • hippocampushippocampus Posts: 327Member
    edited March 2011
    It's been 2 weeks, have you been sticking to your plan?  70kg for 5'1 seems unhealthy. Losing 10kg in 2 weeks is very impressive! If you keep it up you'll get to your goal very quickly. But your diet seems very extreme, it doesn't seem very maintainable. I'd eat more for breakfast and eat less for dinner. Avoid all simple sugars. Drink lots of water too.

When are you working out?  When do you sleep too?  You'll have a better metabolism if you have a regular sleeping schedule and get plenty of rest, 7-8 hours.

If you have the time you should work out in the morning before breakfast. It'll help you burn more fat.
  • chunnie101chunnie101 Posts: 2New Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi everyone, Chunmei here :D

I cant open my old account that's why i made another one...

my current weight now is 68 kg. I slowed down because it's extreme as may people told me, and I heard that If you loose weight immediately, if you eat more after loosing weight ,you'll gain a lot more also. I don't remember when or who said it to me but it made me realize that I am really rushing my weight loss plus my mom is always worried that I dont get enough nutrition (I dont want to be a bad child :< ), but I think its good. I'm still loosing weight

for those who told me that pilsuk is just a character, I know she is a character but she's just my inspiration. I know she is not a person, I'm just really thankful to that character because seeing her loosing weight is like helping me pursue my weight loss. If I offended anyone in this message, I'm sorry (no kidding I just dont want misuunderstanding) but you guys also offended me that I regret I posted it.

for those who want to join me, that's awesome, you are more welcome to join me and thinking that I inspire you guys is a lot more help in me loosing weight :D
    you could also post here your progess in loosing weight, i wanna hear all about it :DD

My New Goal Weight is 50 or 55 :D
    i think reaching 45 kg is a bit unrealistic for me :< 
    maybe when I get to 55 kg I'll target 45kg again :P

I changed a lot of things in my diet, I eat a lot now during breakfast, for lunch its still the same and just wheat thins, yogurt and fruits in dinner :D
    as for exercise I still do 1 and half hour of jumping rope every morning and walk for 30 mins in the afternoon
    sleeping habits, I sleep 7-8hours a day, I'm still learning to sleep early and wake up early >..<

I'm still learning a lot more and changing a lot of things, comments and infos are still welcome :DD

hopefully I reach my target weight before the 200th day comes :D
    (if I didnt make it I'll add another 50 days... haha XD
    silentcurse
  • IXYIXY CanadaPosts: 229Member
    You and I have almost the exact same stats now! I'm 5"1, 66kg. I lost weight before and I used to weigh 59kg, but since the holidays I've gained back all of the weight that I lost and a bit more :(
    And I was also inspired by Pil Suk! Even though she isnt real, the effect is still the same. I have no room to jump rope in the house, but once summer comes I can jump rope in my back yard. But for now, I have an elliptical and a gym membership. :P I'm planning on a pound a week, to my ultimate goal of at least 55kg by New Years. :)
    Good luck to us!
    soeulmate;

Instagram & Twitter: catherineyo

• haowenhaowen Posts: 2New Member
    Well I stumbled upon this forum and I think that I want to try the 200 day diet as well. 
    I'm not overweight but I would like to lose some weight still, since the rest of my family is very skinny, and I'm not.
    Right now I'm at 58 kg and 157.5 cm but I hope to reach 45 kg by the end of this diet. 
    Oh and also, I have to avoid getting caught by my parents b/c they think I shouldn't diet because I'm only 15.
    So I hope that my diet is as successful as Pil Suk's and yours as well!
  • ladiixniiladiixnii Posts: 78Member
    Hi :D Can I join your 200 day challenge too though I'm only a few days/weeks late? xD

I weigh 125lbs - over the limit for my height >.>;;
    95-100lbs - Desired weight 

:D I shall join you tomorrow 28 April 2012. Well, Aja! :D :D
  • tricianimelovergeloutricianimelovergelou Posts: 4New Member
    weight loss journal
    200 DAY CHALLENGE

etwndcz.jpg
    I am on that mission too..I LOVE GELOU SO MUCH!!as if I am her..I--am fat as well and I hope to get it done in 200 days..I started last August 1..

Hi!
    I`m Chun Mei from Canada :D
    Ive been over weight after elementary. I like to eat a lot before, it was my stress reliever but as of now it
    kinda bothers me because everyone around me are skinny and I want to fit in to the clothes I want to wear >..<

INFO

Name: ChunMEi
    Height: 5`1
    Weight:70 kg

A LITTLE BACKGROUND:

I started the 200 day challenge after watching an episode of dream high... my friends call it pilsook challenge
    I was soo amazeed at how pilsook lost weight after 200 days so I challenged myself also :D
    I started researching about diet and exercise and found out that jumping rope do really help lose weight fast,
    and since I gave slow metabolism, I look for foods to help it go faster... thats when I found this:

nbybfd.png

Its a list of food that can help my metabolism to get faster <3

I started the challenge last FEB 4, My weight that time is 80 kg, after two weeks I lost 10 kg :D
    reading weight loss stories here in soompi also gives inspiration to my weight loss,
    I wish I could also inspire other people by posting this and having them read it

MY GOAL:

WEIGHT: 45kg

MY DAILY DIET:

Breakfast:

10 wheat biscuits (80 cal) and yogurt (90 cal)

Lunch:

half portion of foods I`ll get for lunch and fruit

Dinner:

bread and butter and banana (if not hungry)
    or half portion of foods I`ll get for dinner and banana
    (mom doesnt want me skipping dinner >..< )

for snacks: I`ll just eat whatever as long its 20 to 80 cal

MY DAILY EXERCISE:

JUMPING ROPE for 3 to 5 hours while watching tv or listening to music :D
    and daily activities

EDIT: I'll just do 1 hour of jumping rope plus stretching and resistance training

thanks soompiers for info's it'll be a huge help for me :D

tricianimelover<3gelou~I DREAM HIGH!!~
  • tricianimelovergeloutricianimelovergelou Posts: 4New Member
    uh,hello..nice to know someone in the same mission as I have..
    well,I love Dream High so much..specially,Gelou and Jason..
    I am on that "weight loss" mission as well..in a healthy way of course..
    And I kinda treat myself like her..She's my inspiration..
    And I have an inspiration in real life too..He's similar to Jason..
    And I am so determined to loss weight..
    I'll show those people that I can still change..

~tricianimelover/gelou<3
    tricianimelover<3gelou~I DREAM HIGH!!~