STUFF YOU DO TO KEEP YOUR STOMACH FROM GROWLING

purexorange

So, sometimes it's a class that's just before lunch and you suddenly get that feeling that your stomach is going to growl in class and you don't have a snack or anything to eat. Do you do anything to hide it? Or do you just let it growl?

For me , if I have water I'll drink it right before I think it's going to growl

Or I try to hold my stomach in to stop it from growling ( but it hurts after a while xD)

or I try to make noise and stuff by shuffling my papers and chair haha

and I really hate those moments when no one talks and everything is quiet T_T

For me , if I have water I'll drink it right before I think it's going to growl

Or I try to hold my stomach in to stop it from growling ( but it hurts after a while xD) 

or I try to make noise and stuff by shuffling my papers and chair haha

All of that plus constant shifting of the body or a cough. I pray for someone or something to get up or make a noise so I can tag along with their disruption.

Guest Banana Peel

LOL, omg. This topic is relevant to me. My stomach always freakin growls in class before lunch! And sometimes, even AFTER I eat lunch :rolleyes: But yeah, I pretty much make noise and hold in my stomach (this seems to do the trick most of the time). Water is dangerous for me. It sometimes emphasizes the growling noise in my tummy lol.

Guest gyu-chan

Well I try to eat in the morning.... lol just take a bite of something or drink something in the morning. Even when you don't have time and you are in the rush, just at least take something, you can eat it on your way to school.

Always have candies in your bag?

Hm... try to concentrate on other stuff, get busy? The thing is when you don't think about your stomach, it won't make noise, especially at the beginning. LOL

I use to elbow myself in the stomach to get my stomach to shut up..it didn't work.

I started eating nutrigrain bars before class they hold me over until class lets out. If you cant do that then try eating eggs or oatmeal for breakfast. You won't get hungry so quick.

Guest MiYunnie

ROFL!! xD in my head: "please dont growl..please dont growl...ahh darnit." I hold in my stomach, but sometimes someone just hears it and stares at you questioningly (if thats a word) and well..you just gotta laugh it off =D

Guest beta_shen

i keep mints handy and just eat them constantly

i think it helps lol

im not sure but im not willing to stop to see the consequences

and ive taken to eating ALOT before hand x____x

My stomach growls like a dog at night. I'm trying to sleep and keep turning around and change my sleep position to see which one won't make it growl :(

lol is there any ways to prevent it from happening?

I growl many times in front of my teachers and friends. Super embarassing but i can't help it blush.gif

Guest kodesowa

During my calculus II exam my stomach started to growl.... it was so embarrassing. I tried to hold my stomach to stop the growling but it only reduced the noise.

Guest ccconstant_x3

I hold my stomach or I begin tapping my foot really loud or conveniently drop something.

One time I went on a retreat and at one point, everyone was sobbing and being emotional. My friend's stomach growled really loudly and everyone stopped and looked at her! It was so embarrassing for her.

Guest winterofdiscontent

If I start to get hungry before a class, sometimes I'll buy a small bottle of juice and sip on that throughout the class to stave off the hunger until I get a chance to eat.

i suck in my stomach hoping it won't growl or i put my hands in my pocket and hold my stomach and try to make it not growl.

but sometimes i'm just like. whatever i don't care if it growls. i'm hungry.

sometimes it even growls after i eat.

Archived