Produced by: CJ Entertainment
Distributed by: CJ Entertainment
Genre: Drama

Cast
Rain as Taewoon
Shin Se Kyung as Seyoung
Lee Jong Suk

Plot
’Living in Heaven’ is a remake of ‘The Red Scarf‘ (1964)

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Jong Suk joins Rain, Shin Se Kyung for “Red Scarf”

Actor Lee Jong Suk has been cast for the upcoming movie, “Red Scarf“, which also stars Rain and Shin Se Kyung!

Lee will be playing the role of Rain’s junior, who’s also a combat pilot with a mysterious top gun charm. Since he’s just been admitted to Konkuk University, Lee will be simultaneously preparing for college and for his film role.

Directed by Kim Dong Won, the film is said to be costing $10 million USD in production expenses alone. With tensions rising due to the recent Yeonpyeong Island skirmish, interest in this film has been steadily increasing because it features about attacking Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/lee-jong-suk-joins-rain-shin-se-kyung-for-red-scarf

Hi adikkeluangman, thanks for creating a thread for this upcoming movie of RAIN. :lol:

[Feb-17-2011]'Red Muffler' starring Rain begins shooting on March 7th.

2011021801001163800087901.jpg

<Revised>

According to the filmmaker, the competition among actors to be cast in 2011's most anticipated movie 'Red Muffler' was very intense. Actor 'Jung Seok Won' (picture) who actually served in the Marine Corps, has been cast as a Special Air Service investigator who assists Rain to carry out a military operation in the movie.

Blockbuster movie 'Red Muffler' starring Rain is about the loves and lives of South Korea's Air Force combat pilots flying to solve a (hypothetical) situation where the Korean peninsula is teetering on the brink of war.

This movie is a remake of the 1964 original, 'Red Muffler' in which actor 'Shin Young Gyoon' and 'Choi Moo Ryong', directed by 'Shin Sahng Ock'.

'Red Muffler' starring Rain begins shooting on March 7th.

Credit to Sports Josun http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?id=201102180100116380008790&ServiceDate=20110217

Brief translation by rain bird.

Lee Ha Na Joins RAIN & Shin Se Kyung in "Living in the Sky"

Korean actress Lee Ha Na (Tripple, Le Grand Chef) has been recently cast to play in upcoming big budget movie called ‘Living in the Sky’, the remake of 1964’s Korean movie ‘Red Scaf’ from the late director Sin Sang Ok.

Lee will play along side superstar Rain (Full House, Fugitive: Plan B) and rising actress Shin Se Kyung (High Kick Through the Roof, Blue Salt) which have been officialy confirmed.

The movie plots the story about attacking Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea. Rain is slated as a fighter pilot, while Shin as an auto mechanic who is also his love interest. However, there is still no detail for Lee’s character.

‘Living in the Sky’ has drawn much attention since it might be Rain’s last project before his military enlistment. The filming will begin some time this month.

Source: Newsen, dongdrama

Feb-09-2011]Rain'll play the main role, called Flight Lieutenant ‘Jung Tae Hoon', in movie 'Living in the Sky'.

비는 입대 전 마지막 작품이 될 ‘하늘에 산다’에서 정태훈 공군 대위로 나온다.

Rain (his real name is 'Jung Ji Hoon') will be starring as the main character, called Flight Lieutenant ‘Jung Tae Hoon', in 'Living in the Sky' that will be his last movie before joining the military.

credit to Newsen http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201102091102341003

Feb-15-2011]"Red Muffler" starring Rain is called the project of Vice-President 'Lee Mi Kyung'

201102150840221003_1.jpg

Including Rain, his co-stars in movie 'Red Muffler' (working title) about fighter pilots like 'Top Gun' being attempted domestically for the first time, recently had dinner to solidify the friendship in a restaurant located in Seoul's Cheongdam-dong, and psychologically they prepared.

After dinner, they went off to a bar and Rain paid off the drinking. He received loud applause from them by saying, "I've made my decision after due reflection, so I feel more burdened than ever by the major task I took on. I try to do my best to make it become very successful."

The production and distribution company of this movie is CJ Entertainment.

'Lee Mi Kyung', the Vice-President of the company and a heavy hitter of Korean film industry, is known to cast Rain as the leading character herself, as all the parts, from the earliest planning stage to the final cast, have been spearheaded by her.

She didn't attended the dinner, but 'Choi Joon Howan', the Executive Director of the company, were represented at the dinner with her secretaries by the Vice-President.

The storyline of blockbuster movie 'Red Muffler' is as follows :

Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (Rain), the youngest fighter pilot in Black Eagle team, tries an absolutely forbidden maneuver which speeds over the limit while putting on an air show, so he gets into trouble with the team and is shunted off to a regional combat air patrol. While there, he falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight.

A scene in the film, while there are dogfights between South Korea and North Korea aircraft (F15K vs MIG29 ), a fighter pilot from South Korea ejects from the falling airplane near the border and is isolated within it. The story'll show the intrepid combat air patrols' efforts to rescue the isolated pilot on the razor's edge.

'Red Muffler' starring Rain begins shooting late in February.

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110215n03853

[15-Feb-11][k-popped]Rain’s new movie Red Scarf

k1.jpg

k2.JPG

If you are wondering what 29 year-old Rain’s up to after his recent drama Fugitive: Plan B, wonder no more. It has been reported that he will be in a movie entitled “Red Scarf” (레드머플러). The movie is a remake of the 1964 film of the same name.

In Red Scarf, Rain (real name Jung Ji-hoon) will portray a fighter pilot who takes part in a mission involving the bombing of Pyongyang.

Rain’s co-star and love interest in the movie will be played by Shin Se-kyung. Other cast which has been announced are: Lee Hana (Triple), Kim Sung-soo (My Precious You, Bad Love), Yoo Joon-sang and Lee Jong-seok (Secret Garden).

Maybe Rain is living his fantasy in this movie, because he wants to be a fighter pilot in real life too.

Could this be Rain’s last project before he is goes to military service in September this year?

source: k-popped

----------------------------------

Shin Se-kyung for SOUP

February 16, 2011

201102161054391001_1.jpg?w=500&h=666

Shin Se-kyung, an actress known for her role in the hit MBC sitcom “Highkick through the Roof“, recently shot a photo spread for the clothing brand, SOUP.

201102161045081001_1.jpg?w=438&h=585

She showed off her lovely and romantic side in the photo spread. Maybe it’s because she’s in love and dating Jong-hyun from SHINee, but she looks even more beautiful than usual. However, her poses look stiff and her expressions seem more sad than happy.

Shin Se-kyung is currently filming “Blue Salt” alongside veteran actor, Song Gang-ho. She has also been cast in the blockbuster movie “Living in Heaven” alongside Rain. “Living in Heaven” is a remake of “The Red Scarf“, a movie from 1964.

It’s going to be a busy year for Shin Se-kyung. Are you excited to see her in her upcoming works?

Fr.:popseoul

-------------------------------------

More cast members join Rain’s Red Scarf

by javabeans

leehana_65.jpg

Rain’s new movie Red Scarf, co-starring Shin Se-kyung as his love interest, is beefing up its cast with several new additions: Lee Hana (Triple), Kim Sung-soo (My Precious You), musical and film actor Yoo Joon-sang (Moss), and Secret Garden’s Tae-sun, Lee Jong-seok.

The plot: A volatile North-South situation sets the stage for the blockbuster action-melodrama, in which Rain plays a fighter pilot who takes part in a dangerous mission that includes the bombardment of Pyongyang. Shin Se-kyung is the main lead and his romantic partner, while Lee Jong-seok is confirmed as a pilot and one of Rain’s juniors. Since the film is described as depicting the lives and loves of the fighter pilots who engage in the mission, I’m presuming that the other men are likely to be airmen colleagues, though don’t quote me on that.

Red Scarf is a remake of the 1964 film of the same name (although this movie’s title uses Korean, whereas the old movie’s title was a transliteration of the English). Directing is Kim Dong-won, the director of 2008′s action-crime comedy City of Damnation and a producer on the recent Housemaid remake. The film will employ a cinematography team specializing in aviation shoots, who worked on previous films Sky Fighter and Stealth.

Truth be told, I’m a bit meh on the ladies — they’re all right, but not (imo) all that charismatic — but as for the others… Hot men in uniform? Yes, please!

Red Scarf begins shooting at the end of February.

leejongseok_2.jpg

Lee Jong-seok

kimsungsoo_10.jpg

Kim Sung-soo

yoojunsang_4.jpg

Yoo Joon-sang

Via My Daily, E Daily

Source:dramabeans

[Feb-18-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain undergoes military discipline in the Air Force before the movie, 'Red Muffler'

오늘 남자친구 부대에 드라마 브리핑때문에 비랑 이하나랑 시크릿가든의 썬?이 왔다네요 ㅋㅋ 비 맞은편에서 밥먹었다고 자랑을!!!

청주공군사관학교에서 주연배우들 훈련했다네~근데 어제도 가고 오늘도 간단 말인가??

Yesterday (February 17th), Rain visited R.O.K. Air Force Academy located in 'Cheong Joo' region where Rain's fan's boy friend is in training, to gain actual experience and to be briefed about the whole fabric of life in the Air Force before the movie, 'Red Muffler', with his co-stars such as actress 'Lee Ha Na', actor 'Lee Jong Seok' who ever appeared in drama 'Secret Garden', etc.

According to the fan, her boy friend bragged that Rain'd have a meal (after the military training and briefing), sitting down across from him.

Rain will allegedly visit there to be trained to fight again today.(February 18th)

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=292397&page=2&bbs=

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=292439&page=1&bbs=

Finally I found it! Why do I always have problems finding new threads at soompi looool? Had the same problem with Fugitive back then!

Thanks for opening this thread!

You read it too, what Rain said during PSY concert. So apparently he already started filming. Maybe it is more for marketing and some photo shootings right now and the real movie will start in March.

You read it too, what Rain said during PSY concert. So apparently he already started filming. Maybe it is more for marketing and some photo shootings right now and the real movie will start in March.

bbly, I think the translation meant he's already doing some rehearsals/workshops for this movie. :lol:

[Feb-24-2011]'Red Muffler' starring Rain will be filmed on location in his father's hometown.

201102240919251003_1.jpg

'Red Muffler', a ten billion won blockbuster starring Rain, is expected to be filmed on location in his father's hometown, Seosan, in Chungchungnam-do. where he spent his childhood for a while.

This year's much anticipated blockbuster film 'Red Muffler' tells of the story of South Korea's fighter pilots' life-and-death struggles to resolve a crisis in the Korean peninsula on the brink of war.

In the movie, Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (Rain), the youngest fighter pilot in the Black Eagle team best qualified, tries an absolutely forbidden maneuver in which the speed is sharply lowered to zero knot while putting on an air show, so he gets into trouble with the team and is shunted off to the 21st Combat Aircraft Wing, a regional combat air patrol. While there, he falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight.

According to officials on the 24th, "With wholehearted cooperation from Air Force, the director and the leading actors have already had some rehearsals several times while looking for air bases such as in Haemi, Cheongjoo, and in Daegu, including Seosan of Chungchungnam-do for the final decision on the set that deserves the movie."

Adding, "Rain feels a strong sense of responsibility and expectancy that he didn't have before getting to play the venerated air force pilot in the movie. We'll shoot it, combing brilliant computer graphics with live-action location shots not seen in the past in this country."

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110224n05588

Ohhhhhhh, I can't wait to see the first marketings, pictures, teasers or anything related to this movie where we see Rain. How will he look (his hair, his uniform).

Ohhhhhhh, I can't wait to see the first marketings, pictures, teasers or anything related to this movie where we see Rain. How will he look (his hair, his uniform).

bbly, I feel the same way, too - But the official start of filming is nearing..... But, sometimes I have this feeling that it looks as if this movie is pretty quiet and underrated. It doesn’t get much hype and attention maybe because the filming hasn’t started yet, huh? But I’m sure that this movie brings something fresh and new. :sweatingbullets:

bbly, I feel the same way, too - But the official start of filming is nearing..... But, sometimes I have this feeling that it looks as if this movie is pretty quiet and underrated. It doesn’t get much hype and attention maybe because the filming hasn’t started yet, huh? But I’m sure that this movie brings something fresh and new. :sweatingbullets:

Don't know about you, but I felt there was a lot of hype around this movie (no underrating here IMO :sweatingbullets: ) as soon as the cast was confirmed (the blockbuster movie :rolleyes: ), so right now it is calm as you said because there is no further news or development. But as soon as the shooting starts or a press conference is held, it will be crazy again.

Rain and Sin Se-kyeong "The Red Muffler - 2011" extreme casting

20110228165004598.jpg

Movie "The Red Muffler - 2011" is thing of the issue with its powerful lead and supporting cast.

This movie is an air action blockbuster about the Korean Air Force pilots and their risky missions to resolve the volatile situations at the Korean Peninsula. The megaphone is in the hands of director Kim Dong-weon and this will be the first time in Korea for pilots to be the subject matter and first time for air battle scenes.

Rain had previously selected this project to be his last before he serves in the army, after the drama "The Fugitive Plan B" at the end of last year. His partner to lead with him is rising star of Chungmuro, Sin Se-kyeong.

Not only Rain and Sin Se-kyeong but Yoo Joon-sang, Kim Sung-soo, Lee Ha-na and other veteran actors are in the line up. In addition, Jeong Seok-won who is well known for being an actor from the Marine Corps and Lee Jong-suk who played Sun in "Secret Garden" and rose to stardom right away.

20110228165004603.jpg

Oh Dal-Soo who hit it off really well with Kim Myeong-min in movie "Detective K" is also eagerly looking through the conditions of being on board.

A person in the movie said, "The actors are currently working hard in action schools. The movie will start shooting sometime in mid-March".

20110228165004608.jpg

It is expected that this movie will present air action scenes and brilliant speed like never seen before in the country with the help of professional air shooting team, that shot movies like "Inception", "Con Air", "Dark Knight", "Maha 2.6" and "Stealth".

Source : movie.daum.net/moviei... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

The date of shooting is really changing with every article. First of all it was end of February, then it was beginning of March and now it is middle of March. Please start shooting! I mean when is Rain supposed to finish it and working on his album. And how is going to promote the movie? I don't know it takes quite some time until a movie is released when shooting is over or? Especially a movie like this which will have some special effects. So I wonder really if Rain is going to be there, if the movie is released.

[Mar-01-2011]Rain and actress 'Sin Se Kyung' perform a special ceremony for movie 'Red Muffler'

201103011837571003_1.jpg

Rain and actress 'Sin Se Kyung' attended a special ceremony performed to seek to finish shooting movie 'Red Muffler' without any serious accident and to see that it becomes a big hit, on the roof of a film studio building located in Seoul's Kangnam, on the afternoon of February 28th.

These two received a big round of applause by saying on behalf of all members of the cast, "We're honored to star in this movie and work with veteran staffs. We'll never lose our sense of smile on the scene, and we'll do our best."

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110301n12592

The date of shooting is really changing with every article. First of all it was end of February, then it was beginning of March and now it is middle of March. Please start shooting! I mean when is Rain supposed to finish it and working on his album. And how is going to promote the movie? I don't know it takes quite some time until a movie is released when shooting is over or? Especially a movie like this which will have some special effects. So I wonder really if Rain is going to be there, if the movie is released.

Hi bbly, it was reported that CJ also confirmed plans to release it late this year. I hope this plan still applies. :lol:

Hi bbly, it was reported that CJ also confirmed plans to release it late this year. I hope this plan still applies. :lol:

If you believe what Rain said in China yesterday, apparently the movie will be released next year. Actually it won't make a big difference for me in the sense as this movie won't come to the theaters in Europe, so I need to wait for a DVD release :wacko: or I watch it online but that means illegaly uploaded :unsure:. Or I win the lottery and book a trip to Korea once the movie is out. :D

If you believe what Rain said in China yesterday, apparently the movie will be released next year. Actually it won't make a big difference for me in the sense as this movie won't come to the theaters in Europe, so I need to wait for a DVD release :wacko: or I watch it online but that means illegaly uploaded :unsure:. Or I win the lottery and book a trip to Korea once the movie is out. :D

bbly, ye, dear - he said it next year - hehehe. Like you, it doesn't make a big difference as well in my part since the movie won't be shown here in my side. But what I hope this time is - to see RAIN promoting this movie whenever this will be released. :lol:

Yes, it will be nice seeing him doing several promotions throughout Asia but I am careful because of his upcoming MS.

Archived