Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What habit do you have when you laugh?

kassieisawalruskassieisawalrus Posts: 146Member
edited March 2011 in general discussion
I have a the habit of hitting my friends. xD
If something is really funny I'll slap someone in the arm and I don't notice it.
Sometimes, I also cover my mouth. I don't know why though.
I also stomp/shake my feet I laugh.

Replies

• riceasaurrriceasaurr Posts: 848Member
    I don't think this belongs in the Food section. >____<
    This thread seems like it belongs in General Discussion.
  • orangemanorangeman Posts: 2,650Friend of Soompi

IDOL

This is in the wrong section but why do some girls cover their mouths when they laugh? I'd like an answer on this from someone. 

I laugh and then grab my neck. I also wince for no reason that I can think of - maybe emotions are just too strange for me.
    jiyin_glob
  • kassieisawalruskassieisawalrus Posts: 146Member
    I'm sorry. xD
    I'm kind of new to forums and it randomly put that.
    I would ask someone for help, but I'm not friends with anyone who knows.
    My apologies.

Orangeman - I cover my mouth because I laugh loud, so it tones it down a bit. But it's just a habit I have to stop
    It gets annoying to me too, but I don't mean to.

IDOL

edited January 2011
    There's no need to apologize. I'm wishing this would be moved so more replies can be added.
  • ParappaRappaParappaRappa You gotta believe! Posts: 1,836Member
    orangeman wrote on 19 January 2011 - 05:34 PM:

This is in the wrong section but why do some girls cover their mouths when they laugh? I'd like an answer on this from someone. 

I laugh and then grab my neck. I also wince for no reason that I can think of - maybe emotions are just too strange for me.

I also want to know why some girls cover their mouth when they laugh, hahaha my reason is weird...

I used to do it every single time I laughed, but I've stopped mostly. I'm trying to stop doing it completely.
    Except my reason for why I started doing it in the first place is really odd...I was super crazy obsessed with DBSK when I was around 11-12 :sweatingbullets: and they always covered their mouths when they laughed. :ph34r: They always clapped too. I don't know if I was sub-consciously just trying to be like them but it just completely rubbed off on me and I couldn't help covering my mouth and clapping every single time I laughed. Well, now I've stopped the covering my mouth but I still do the clapping thing every time I laugh...o_o My friends say I remind them of a seal, lol
    jiyin_globmachi-rollercoaster-ridetabiluvrredvelvet.xiahdreamsstar_bun12
    Orangeman - Is there any way you can help me to change it? Since I'm new and all.

ParappaRappa wrote on 20 January 2011 - 10:58 AM:

I also want to know why some girls cover their mouth when they laugh, hahaha my reason is weird...

I used to do it every single time I laughed, but I've stopped mostly. I'm trying to stop doing it completely.
    Except my reason for why I started doing it in the first place is really odd...I was super crazy obsessed with DBSK when I was around 11-12  :sweatingbullets:  and they always covered their mouths when they laughed.  :ph34r: They always clapped too. I don't know if I was sub-consciously just trying to be like them but it just completely rubbed off on me and I couldn't help covering my mouth and clapping every single time I laughed. Well, now I've stopped the covering my mouth but I still do the clapping thing every time I laugh...o_o My friends say I remind them of a seal, lol

I clap too! :D
    My friends make fun of me, but my story is too long.
    Well... It's not really that long, it's just too much to explain and too many people involved.
    I guess every time I laugh it's something different. :D
  • Wats my name?Wats my name? somewhere in CAPosts: 289Member
    lol i have the same habits as you do. i dont mean to do those things it just comes naturally i guess.
    Yea! I don't notice is until my friends mimic me doing it.
    I should probably stop doing the whole mouth thing, that'd be good. :D

IDOL

I would've expected a mod to move this already. I have no power to do anything. Anyways, I think my mother claps also and other than her, I can't recall anyone else clapping. 

Two of my male friends shrill when they laugh too hard. One almost chokes himself by accident. 
    Hmmm, well hopefully they move this soon. :D

Hahaha, I don't think I've ever met anyone who shrills when they laugh.
    Sometimes I also hurt my ribs when I laugh.
    Today my friend was like "every time you laugh, it sounds like you hurt." -____-
    He makes me think I have an ugly laugh. xD

IDOL

edited January 2011
    Pain from laughter feels so good though. I think the last person that made me laugh like that was Louis C.K. in one of his stand-up specials. I admit to tearing up in my eyes, gasping for air, and feeling my chest constrict. 

This reminds me of this co-worker that laughs really hard and sounds as if he can't catch a breath. It's not a big deal for most people but he is not in good health and I dread the day he asphyxiates due to laughter. 
    I love that feeling too! Except when I really have to use the restroom, it's not so good. xD

Sometimes I laugh like that, it all depends on how funny something is. Then I have to quiet laughs, you know?
    Well at least he'll asphyxiate happily instead of... painfully?
  • LiSAiSViPx3LiSAiSViPx3 「b1a4 ; be the one, all for one♥」 Posts: 711Member
    I cover my mouth , clap , hit someone near me , and cover my face with my hand . xD
    bjdgn9.jpg
    bigbang | suju | snsd | beast |
    siggy&avi©colormyworld
    Mka14
    edited January 2011
    I do all of the above except for the face one. :D

IDOL

Do you two hit people as in a punch to the shoulder or a slap on the back?

I gotta remember to keep one arms-length away from new acquaintances. 
  • angelarrangelarr I &#9829; SydneyPosts: 1,114Member

IDOL

I cover my mouth - I think it started ever since I got braces, and even after I've taken them off, it's become a habit?
    And apparently, I laugh like a seal when I get really excited: I clap my hands really loudly, and then I might hit someone/something
    Love is at the root of everything good that
    has ever happened and will ever happen
    [font="'Arial Narrow"]I usually do the "slap to the arm."[/font]
    [font="'Arial Narrow"]xD[/font]
    [font="'Arial Narrow"]That'd be a safe thing to do, but it's not a hard slap.[/font]
  • daradiridaraduu-daradiridaraduu- Posts: 844Member
    Hm. Well, when i meet people they think "Aw so cute and short ^-^!" and then when they get me to laugh, I'm really freaking loud. Like i sound like i'm actually 300 pounds heavier LOL. It's like i'm screaming or something kind of a laugh. And while i laugh i rock back and forth and cover my face, or like collapse on the floor and it demobilizes me O_O' I get really intense in my laughing.
    Some people say i sound like a crow LMAOO.
    I don't get why people like it (_ _|||)!
  • it depends on how funny the occasion is, and how intense my laugh is.
    if it just a chuckle, i dont do anything.
    but when i'm laughing intensely, i tend to throw my head back :huh:
    and then my laugh goes silent LOL.
    one time when i was sitting on the floor, my friend made me laugh and i didnt realize there was a chair behind me,
    so i hit my head really hard on the armrest.. :sweatingbullets:

"Have you found your soulmate yet?"

"Not yet. But if i find him, i wont let him go" ~.

credit-jangneri
  • legweak17legweak17 Posts: 864Member

ROOKIE

edited February 2011
    I usually clap, put my hands on my cheeks, and/or I lightly slap my cheeks (I always do this last one when I find something adorable and cuuute) lol
    Shinning SHINee <3
    shineeeban.png