Home Page: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/gisaeng/

Following: Secret Garden

Ratings: here

Subtitle resource: DarkSmurfSubs

Subtitles (Credit: ahoxan & the Viki team):

MediaFire \ Magaupload

Episode Recaps: Zealioner

Plot

"New Tales of the Gisaeng" covers the love, sadness and pain of people around a gisaeng house, where only VIPs can enter.

Dan Sa-Ran majored in dance while attending college. She is beautiful. Her mother died when Sa-Ran was still young and her father remarried. Dan Sa-Ran comes from a poor family, but she keeps her dignity around friends who come from rich families. By chance, she meets Da-Mo and likes him, but doesn't tell him because of her poor background. A head gisaeng at Buyongkak recommended to her to become a gisaeng.

Ah Da-Mo (Sung Hoon) takes business administration training at his father's company. He does not get along with his father. Da-Mo's father show affection only towards their pet dog. Da-Mo is cocky and tends to look down on woman. By chance he meets Dan Sa-Ran and their relationship begins.

Resource Links: AM-Addiction \ AJA-AJA

Cast Pictures & Biographies - Credit: dramaok

DAN FAMILY

danfamily.jpg

AH FAMILY

ahdamofamily.jpg

GEUM FAMILY

25119131.jpg

BUYONG-GAK INDIVIDUALS

buyong1.jpg

Additional Cast Members

Kim Seol Yoon (김설윤 ) as Jang Soo Jin

Kang Cho Hee (강초희) as Han Song Yi

Yoon Ji Eun (윤지은) as Song Hye Eun.

Kim Yeol (김열) as Baek Soo Jung.

Lee Seon Ah (이선아) as Lee Ji Hyang.

Kim Eun Seon (김은선) as Yerang.

Additional Cast / Series Photos

photo148772.th.jpgphoto148773.th.jpgphoto148783.th.jpg

photo148778.th.jpgphoto148782.th.jpg

photo148763.th.jpgphoto148768.th.jpgphoto148784.th.jpgphoto148779.th.jpg

photo148758.th.jpgphoto148760.th.jpgphoto148785.th.jpg

Preview

http://www.mediafire.com/?azaz9a1c6vdkgc8

ntotgpreview.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

thx for creating the thread. i don't know any of the younger cast but it still looks good.

link for preview:

i think they are showing ep. 1 and 2 back-to-back on Sunday, jan. 23d.

dansaran.jpg

단사란 (임수향)

Dan Saran by actress Im Su-Hyang

ahdamo.jpg

아다모 (성훈)

Ah Damo by Seong Hoon

who are these actors? i've never seen either but they are leads? wow.

dangongju.jpg

단공주 (백옥담)

Dan Gongjoo by Baek Ok-Dam

Saran's step-sister.

Baek was in writer Im's previous drama Ahyungdong Madam [아현동 마님] but i don't remember her in there.

though i didn't really watch the whole drama either.

Another drama I'll be looking forward to. Although, majority of the casts are relatively new to me, I'll be watching this drama for the pretty hanboks.

Guest hyunnitea

so this is a modern drama??? how do they incorporate the idea of giseang into it? sorry not too familiar with korean history stuff.

there are still some (very few) gisaeng houses in korea... although apparently many of them aren't really authentic. i'm guessing the heroine gets accepted into one of the still-standing gisaeng houses

this drama looks so pretty. pretty pretty gisaeng costumes <3

i'm rather put off by the 50 episode thing. unless someone like dramabeans recaps it with many pictures; but who would recap a 50 episode drama :(

Guest guest1926

omg, the giseng costumes are so pretty and have a modern feel to them

i'm excited for this drama actually to incorporate modern and cultural giseng themes into it :)

I thought this was gonna be a sageuk, but now after finding out it's actually a modern drama I'm intrigued. The costumes look GORGEOUS, but the trailer doesn't really convince me this is worth my time. Normally I download my dramas, but I think this is one I'm gonna catch on viki or somewhere else where I can stream this.

Anyone knows who is the actress in the 3rd picture on the top row. I can only vaguely remember her. Has she recently played in a daily?

Other than being distracted by the actress identity I'm thinking this show might be another great family story.

All the traditional aspects of this drama are very interesting, as well as beautiful.  The costumes, cuisines, music, etc. are awesome.

The cast seems huge.  I think I'll need a correlation chart to keep understand the relationships.  hee, hee.

I hope the story will be interesting for 50 episodes.:)

So many characters in the first episode! (And I'm sure there is more to come!)

I've been looking forward to this drama with all its new faces. The plot and setting seems really interesting so I'll be keeping it on my list of things to watch!

- Kyu

Archived