Would you date someone related to your ex?

Guest lostieee

Guest lostieee

Would you date your ex's cousin? Is it wrong?

I've recently broke up with my ex-boyfriend and started getting interested in his cousin V. V and I were friends before I went out with his cousin and apparently V was interested in me at that time but he didn't make a move on me because I was getting along with his cousin. But V ended up dating another girl. After I broke up with V's cousin, V and I met up for coffee to talk about my breakup and his relationship problem with his girlfriend. Not long after our talk, V and his girlfriend mutually broke up as their goals weren't compatible. It leaves both of us single right now and apparently V is slightly interested in me again and if I'd go for it, he would to. But the thing blocking us is my ex (V's cousin).

Also, I know my ex too well. He's a little pinkberry so if V was to tell him he'll go on a date with me, my ex will be the first one to disapprove and disagree and discourage V from taking another step to me. I'm not afraid that people will talk about us but I'm more afraid to lose a potential relationship because of my failed one. What do you guys think?

Guest nana544

It's okay for you to like your ex's cousin and like you said that you're not afraid that people will talk about you guys; which is a good thing that you don't. People can say whatever they like because we are only humans. Go ahead and date V if you like since he like you too. Don't let your ex be the block to stop you from dating V. All the best! Also, I think I would do the same too if I like my ex's friend/best friend/cousin...whatever...it's our feelings and we cannot change it to accommodate someone's else feelings.

I think subconsciously you're afraid to try something that can potentially make you happy because you still care for your ex and what he'll think. 

I would say what the others are saying, if you think it'll make you happy then go for it : ) you never know what will happen if you don't give it a try right?

Good luck, and don't let your ex be a factor in this new potential relationship.

Would you date your ex's cousin? Is it wrong?

I've recently broke up with my ex-boyfriend and started getting interested in his cousin V. V and I were friends before I went out with his cousin and apparently V was interested in me at that time but he didn't make a move on me because I was getting along with his cousin. But V ended up dating another girl. After I broke up with V's cousin, V and I met up for coffee to talk about my breakup and his relationship problem with his girlfriend. Not long after our talk, V and his girlfriend mutually broke up as their goals weren't compatible. It leaves both of us single right now and apparently V is slightly interested in me again and if I'd go for it, he would to. But the thing blocking us is my ex (V's cousin).

Also, I know my ex too well. He's a little pinkberry so if V was to tell him he'll go on a date with me, my ex will be the first one to disapprove and disagree and discourage V from taking another step to me. I'm not afraid that people will talk about us but I'm more afraid to lose a potential relationship because of my failed one. What do you guys think?

DOITPHAGGOT.gif

Guest GoP-Demon

It seems more like it's the cousin's choice if he wants to ruin his relationship with ur ex. If you go out with him none of your relationships are messed with right?

Well i think it really depends on V mindset.

Is it girls before bros or is it bros before girls for him?

For me is  girls before bros, so i say go for it!

besides it is only a cousin.

Guest lostieee

I met up with V yesterday along with my best friend and her boyfriend, M. It was sort of a double date I guess. As M is a close friend of V's, V randomly mentioned to him that if it wasn't for the bad breakup between my ex and I, he would totally go for me. But since my ex and I ended on bad terms because he cheated on me, it makes it hard for V and M told my best friend that if anything was to happen between V and I, my friendship with my ex has to be at least on the talking level, if not then leave it (my best friend is trying to hook me up with V).

I approached my ex before all this happened and we agreed that hating is not a good virtue so we settled things and in a way, we're on good terms. At least we're talking and I feel comfortable being his friends unlike before. In a sense you guys are right, it all depends on V's mindset if he's going to take things abroad. Now that things aren't as intense between my ex and I, do you guys think V would consider us? Is it wrong for V to even feel this way about me?

Guest Pinkychan

choice is yours, but keep in mind that you went and met up with a guy after you broke up with you . ex now. its like you're trying to get over someone so you look for someone who you can talk to but end up liking them.

it happens.. think about it...

do you really like him that way??

do you have that many of same intrests

why do you like him.

Guest luv4dawave

as long as both of you aren't using each other as rebounds...

give it some space in between too. don't break up with someone and then 2 weeks later go out with their brother/friend/cousin/etc. After a few months I think it's okay for both to accept that you need to move on. Even if your ex may seem like he's alright with it, he might not really be. Respect the relationship that you both previously had together before getting into a new one. Plus, if V really does like you, he'll eventually ask you out anyways. No need to rush into things.

Guest Flicksityy

Wouldn't recommend it, especially if they are close cousins. Could cause unnecessary mess and awkwardness and an overload of jealousy. Likewise you may be putting their relationship into jeopardy for the being your ex's hand-me-downs. You could possibly tolerate being seen as the 'second-hand pants' or 'w.hore' (shallow; but human nature is shallow), but could you take seeing V being humiliated for taking his cousin's 'second hands'?

However do not let the prejudice society stop you from your happiness, as long as you know the consequences - then you shouldn't regret seeking for what makes you happy.

Archived