Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

xiuxiu meitu

TamanekoTamaneko Posts: 694Member, Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

(not sure if it's xiu xiu meitu or meitu xiuxiu)

I've heard mixed reviews of this software - some say it's a spyware/virus while others say it's a safe program.

Has anyone downloaded it on the official site before? Is it "safe"?
« 411 « blog « gfx post « tr post « graphics «

Replies

• IonNukeIonNuke USA / TaiwanPosts: 980Friend of Soompi
    Tamaneko wrote on 02 January 2011 - 08:07 PM:

(not sure if it's xiu xiu meitu or meitu xiuxiu)

I've heard mixed reviews of this software - some say it's a spyware/virus while others say it's a safe program.

Has anyone downloaded it on the official site before? Is it "safe"?

Chinese free photo editing software. Probably comes with spyware and other malware. Seems normal for chinese applications to attach stuff like that. As long as you click the whole "I Agree" part of the EULA before you install that means you consent to all that junk installed on your machine.
  • mizteazamizteaza Posts: 55Member

ROOKIE

it was in chinese but i still downloaded it. nothing has happened to my computer YET. hope nothing will.
  • IonNukeIonNuke USA / TaiwanPosts: 980Friend of Soompi
    mizteaza wrote on 15 January 2011 - 07:53 AM:

it was in chinese but i still downloaded it. nothing has happened to my computer YET. hope nothing will.

haha keyword: YET.

But for everything else there's photoshop ^.^
  • camishiicamishii Posts: 38Member
    i think there's nothing wrong with it. it's so fun to use, so easy. :)
    4437991645_f9cf58961f_o.jpg
  • leelee.leelee. USAPosts: 1,506Member

IDOL

I've downloaded it on 3 different computers and had no problems with it. I have it on my netbook that I'm using right now. It's true that you can always get Photoshop but how many people can actually afford it at $600+? Of course, you can always get the cheaper student version for about one third of the original price--if you are a student that is (this is what I'm going to do). It may also take a little while to figure things out on Photoshop if you've never used it before.
    bymanderly_angel.gif
    sig by manderly_angel
  • jas0njas0n San Leandro, CAPosts: 244Member
    If you guys want a free photoshop alternative, check out Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/
  • yuzhouxiaojieyuzhouxiaojie Posts: 17Member, New Member
    Actually Mei Tu Xiu Xiu is pretty legit. I've downloaded it from the official site and have been using it for quite some time. It's a lot simpler to use in comparison to photoshop. If you want to just fix up some self taken pictures, I would totally recommend this program. 

PS. I did a small review and tutorial on my blog about this program. Check it out here if you have time :]
    planet2155-dbsk-link-2.gif 
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"]Like what you see?[/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"]Check out our blog (for fanfics, product reviews, and drama reviews) in the link above :][/font]