[info.] Korean Music Festival 2011!!!

Guest Sokua

~*~Korean Music Festival 2011!!!~*~

5301628215_4b74c5024b.jpg

Well guys, it's almost that time of year again! Yes, I'm talking about the Korean Music Festival! It seems like just a few months ago our 8th annual festival took place and now the 9th one is just around the corner. Obviously if you're reading this you're interested in learning about all of the important information that you need to be fully prepared for this year. This is what this thread is all about. When there are updates on this years festival (which we know there will be!), we'll be posting them here to share with everyone else. After all, it's always nice to be organized. ;]

Updates:

January 27, 2011-

The date was changed due to scheduling conflicts with the artists, so the official concert date was pushed up!

Ticket sales start on Saturday January 29th 10am PST!!!

Korea Times Ticket Office (located in the lobby) 4525 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90010

(323)692-2055,2070,2178

Online at koreanmusicfestival.com

And look at this! We have the official date for the concert!

Saturday, April 30th!

Let's start getting ready!

This is not only the seating chart but also the pricing for each type of seat as well!

5434110445_18ff98b1ab.jpg

seatingchartforforum

Update: Sunday- January 6th, 2011

Hey guys! A few of our fellow Soompiers wanted to give you guys some helpful information that will make your KMF experience all it should be and more! Say thanks to findjunebug for making sure you guys are as up to date with all the basics you need as possible! :)

Alright, so this first link is a helpful map that allows you to find your way to the bowl directly. Nice and convient. ;)

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/getting-to-the-bowl

This second link is the direct link to the KMF facebook. Honestly, this is the best place where you will find the most recent updates on line-ups, the current status of preparation, and all the hype they can provide you!

http://www.facebook.com/koreatimesmusicfestival

Our third link is the official website. It provides backround information on how the KMF came to be, images of previous years, and is the place where you buy your tickets!

http://koreanmusicfestival.com

Also....

This is a something I posted up a few weeks back....please take a look at it! It's your survival guide for all you new comers! Enjoy! :)

I wanted to make sure you all were able to see these two articles posted by our one and only soompier, KisforKARENx3!

Korean Music Festival Guide (Part 1)

http://www.soompi.com/news/korean-music-festival-101

Korean Music Festival Guide (Part 2)

http://www.soompi.com/news/korean-music-festival-101-part-2

Update (2/15/11):

The Sponsor Hotel this year is the Sheraton in downtown Los Angeles once more! Be sure to book your room through the Korean Music Festival website! You get a special discount and are assured a room! Go book ASAP! :)

Update: March 2nd, 2011-

Our first batch of artist's were just released minutes ago!

Sul Woon Do, DJ D.O.C., and SISTAR!

Next group coming soon! ((Let's hope!))

March 7th, 2011:

Alright guys! The next group was just listen mere minutes ago! Korea Times is pleased to announce the second group of artists!!! 4minute, Kim Jang-Hoon, Lee Eun-Ha, and U-KISS! Next group coming soon! ((I don't know about you all but....U-KISS! xD))

March 11th, 2011:

Wow! Only 4 days later and the third group has already been released! I have to say this set seems to be building up to something amazing!

Baek Ji-Young, G.NA, Jay Park, Jeong Soo-Ra, and K-will! Next group coming soon!

Are we all getting pumped up and excited?! I definitely know I am! ;)

April 8th, 2011:

4minute, Baek Ji-Young, Bobby Kim, DJ DOC, G.NA, Jay Park, Jeon Young-Rok, Jeong Soo-Ra, K.will, Kim Jang-Hoon, Lee Eun-Ha, Secret, SISTAR, Song So-Hee, Sul Woon-Do, and U-KISS!!!

Oh my gosh guys! This list is AMAZING. Is everyone pumped up for this?! I hope everyone has a great time! The concert is in just 2-3 weeks! Make sure to once again check out the guide provided by one of our soompiers above! ROCK THAT HOLLYWOOD BOWL DOWN! <3

!!!ATTENTION!!!!

All of you aspiring artists! KCCLA is holding a contest for all non-Koreans ONLY! I was informed recently and I found it to be extremely exciting! I hope all can attend! You can win a trip to Korea! (Just 1 ticket though, no matter how big your party is!) Please go to the website now to view this exciting chance!!!!!

http://www.kccla.org/english_/home_.asp

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMGGGG YESSS!!

I have been DYING for this thread to be created haha! Yay!~

I really want to go this year!!

(Well..if JYJ doesn't come back to the States for their World Concert tour..ahhh...it's one or the other!)

Anyways..attending this seems so exciting!

I'm looking forward to all the info I'll be able to gather here!

Definitely excited for the news about which artists will be attending to come out!!

Guest Sister september

i know it's impossible but i want Wonder Girls ^.^ it would be so great. or maybe not because they went last year :( if not then 4minute or Girls Day

yay!~~

:w00t::wub:

Guest IhEaRt0nLyU

Wow I am so excited for this year! Although some people were not happy with the lineup last year because they wanted more idol groups! I was satisfied with it all! I enjoyed all the groups! I can't wait for this years kmf and super excited to when they will announce the ticket purchasing date! I am aiming for pool seats this year! woot woot! haha I dont know if I can wait any longer! Want to know the dates soon! :)

Guest green_vixen

I JUST WANT UKISS!!!!!!! But hopefully info will come out soon. I also hope they don't raise the prices of tickets this year. It's gonna be fun!!!! can't wait!!

Wow I am so excited for this year! Although some people were not happy with the lineup last year because they wanted more idol groups! I was satisfied with it all! I enjoyed all the groups! I can't wait for this years kmf and super excited to when they will announce the ticket purchasing date! I am aiming for pool seats this year! woot woot! haha I dont know if I can wait any longer! Want to know the dates soon! :)

I totally agree. Last year was amazing :D!

I want Big Bang, Jay Park, JYJ, 2AM and B2ST again. I heard from somewhere that Big Bang will be in Japan in May but I'm unsure.I hope they attend KMF instead ^^. Anyways I've been waiting for this thread^^. So glad that it's finally up. Can't wait for updates and all.

Guest wildorchidz

I'm probably the opposite of everyone that wants idol groups. I love idol groups but I would love to have DJ Doc, Psy, or Drunken Tiger. Someone that would hype up the audience and entertain everyone

Guest DinosaurMeat

I really want UKISS and FT Island to come~ It'd be great if Beast were to come back for 2011 and for SHINee to show some love for their US fans :P As far as girl groups, 2NE1 would be amazing (but I doubt YG artists will come T^T). I would love to see Miss A, SNSD and Davichi; they always put on a good show!

Regardless! Can't wait to see the lineup for this year~

Guest sungieluv

Ppppffft lmao there like no votes for 2pm. I would have expected moreee.

But anyways. My ideal idols would b 2pm, big bang,b2st, eru,&after school. And!!! San-e!!! I love this dude man!!

And i want Jang geun suk to be the MC&sing songs from Mary Stayed out All Night. Its not gonna happen but that would be totally insaneeee

I went in 2007&2010. Nothing can beat the amazing artist line up in 2007.lets see who they bring this year :)

C-N TO THE BLUE! 

FT Island too! 

I want Supreme Team also to boost up the stage!

Im a HUGE SHINee fan (ShaWoL) and I want them to comeback but IDK cos they just had SM Town last year. But Im still hoping! wub.gif

Guest kfosho

already??? ahhahah i guess it's never too early to start. so excited! please let beast and 2pm come again oh please oh please.

BUT it's about time BIG BANG came again. or just g-dragon and top wouldn't be bad (;

Guest DinosaurMeat

Ppppffft lmao there like no votes for 2pm. I would have expected moreee.

But anyways. My ideal idols would b 2pm, big bang,b2st, eru,&after school. And!!! San-e!!! I love this dude man!!

And i want Jang geun suk to be the MC&sing songs from Mary Stayed out All Night. Its not gonna happen but that would be totally insaneeee

I went in 2007&2010. Nothing can beat the amazing artist line up in 2007.lets see who they bring this year :)

Hahah! I didn't vote for 2PM or Big Bang because of their Japan promotion schedules.. T^T But OH man, Jang Geun Suk as an MC would be a dream come true!

Hi! Please do keep us updated (is it too early for information?) as this will hopefully be my FIRST experience with KMF. I'm oober excited, but nervous I won't be able to get tickets & what not. & @#%^*!%, I'm hoping B2ST will attend the festival, though knowing they have a lot on their schedule as is. Woot Woot. my ideal would probably be: B2ST, T-ARA, Big Bang, Shinee.. and, I don't know. As long as B2ST is in the mix.

Guest marishane

I couldn't just make one choice. So I chose the last choice. LOL. What a statement. So anyway, I want to see many artists as I like and love a lot of them. But the main groups I want to see in the festival are Super Junior, SNSD, SHINee and C.N. Blue. I'm sort of biased towards SM artist so yeah, it's just normal for me to wish to see them often in music shows and festivals.

oh man, i've been checking soompi for the 2011 thread since like september LOL. is this going to be the official thread?

anyway, i chose BEAST because even though i saw them last year, i went with my parents ishh and i didn't get to meet them like a lot of other people did and ughhhh idk. i guess i should appreciate seeing them live at all but BEAST should still perform again. there are a lot of american B2UTIES.

besides that, i want someone like psy, epik high, or supreme team instead of idols+oldpeople. but that old lady from last year had a nice voice and was so cute! the idol line up last year was a bit disappointing though because they usually have at least one BIG name like big bang or super junior. To mix it up, they should have a band like F.T.Island or C.N.Blue too.

also, they started releasing information JANUARY 30TH last year. i remember this clearly because it's my birthday lol so i hope they begin releasing info at the same time this year (: but the fact that they release artists one by one is so excruciating lol.

EDIT: I wish they would let the MCs speak English. Otherwise, what's the point of having people like Nicole and Brian Joo if they only speak Korean. I know it's a Korean concert but it's obvious that there are going to be quite a few people in the audience who don't know the language. And the people that ARE Korean mostly speak English anyway.

Guest YuffieK

I've been waiting for this thread!!!!

Wow, I really can't believe it's already time to start thinking about KMF 2011... last years seems like just yesterday!

There are sooo many idol groups now, that I'm not too worried about the line-up because I know for sure there'll be at least 1 person I love going xD (last year I loved every group, so yeah XD )

I heard on the 2010 thread that tickets are going go to on sale next month (February).. is this true? I wonder when info will be out~

Hey guys!

A lot of you seem interested on seeing if any information has been leaked yet. Unfortunately, there has been no news as of late. I personally contacted ktimes via e-mail since, as we all know, the way of contacting by phone is a bit....lacking. Either way, as one of our soompiers has stated, tickets were sold last year on January 30th (which by the way- happy birthday to Wakii very soon!). When contemplated with previous years of experience from all patrons, I'm assuming they will be releasing the ticket sale date within the last two weeks of this month.

Now I'd like to tell everyone, just to reassure those of you who are very eager to learn everything possible about this year's KMF, I am constantly on the look out for any sorts of information, including rumors. Of course I will do my best to find evidence for whatever rumor may come across and you all will be the first to know. :) I will be posting all of the concrete information within the first post. Updates will be as frequent as the news, so make sure to keep checking once the dates are released!

On a final note, I see we all have different idols we'd like to come this year! So far....

1. Big Bang!

2. B2ST

3. ShiNee

....these are our top three groups we want going to the KMF! We'll just have to wait and see!

Until then, everyone take care and be patient! Time will fly and before you know it- we'll all be at the Hollywood Bowl screaming our lungs out.

Sincerely,

Admin. for the KMF 2011 Forum

Archived