Why is this guy so nice to me?

Guest fossil999

Guest fossil999

update! 12/17/10
This guy lives near me, he's REALLY nice and polite and whatnot. like, he will let you go first and open the door for you, etc. well, we've been talking more and more lately, we've known each other for a few months now. even though his english isn't that good.. but we manage to talk. whenever he sees me, he'll smile (but that's obviously just a polite gesture). i dunno how to say this.. but theres been so many times where i feel like he's a bit TOO nice... that i just think that there's something going on o.o;

like one time i was walking home with him and i mentioned to him something about how im getting some cd's from taiwan and he's like "ohhh i see" (then he left cus we were at his house already). the next day, he asks me if im getting those cd's and that he can buy them for me when he goes to japan for vacation o.o and im like . wow . *Q*. i ask him about it a few days later and he didnt even forget!

then another time, i was cold and he askd me if i wanted his scarf, but i said no. XD. and then about 3 weeks ago i told him to come to our schools concert but he was kinda like not knowing wat to say b/c of his limited eng... n at the day of the concert he was actually there! (but his cousin was performing so i was like. nah no way hes there for me xD) when there was a short break, i was like o get me some food~! (but since he didnt really say nething, i thought that he didnt hear me). then he comes back and hands me some food n im like aw <3. at the end of the concert, i got off the stage along with everyone else, and he gave me a thumbs up with a huge smile. i was like.. omg *Q*.

so what do u guys think? is he merely being a friendly guy? D= but i get the feeling that he's nice to everyone in general, so =T im not trying to get my hopes up, but still.. ><

Guest writerstale

Find out his true intentions by asking some questions and paying attention to how he responds. Appreciate the fact that he's a good guy, because if you pass it up? Odds on you're going to date a guy who's the total opposite, and you're going to get hurt in the long run.

Just wait and see how things turn out.

If he is just a really friendly guy, he will eventually stop being that nice to you since he will meet other people he will want to be nice to. That does not mean he will ignore you, but there is a limit to how many people a nice person can be nice to.

If he is into you, he will keep it up and show more signs of being interested in you. When he shows clear signs, it is then your turn to show your feelings towards him (assuming that you are into him). But it is really up to you as in what you want to do. You can either wait patiently, or respond back to his friendliness and hope that he is just not using you.

Guest punkerella

Aww he sounds like a really sweet guy. Makes me wish I knew guys this nice :)

To find out if he likes you, you should see how he acts with other girls. Is he this nice to them too or is he just this nice to you?

guys arent nice to girls without a reason, we dont believe in common courtesy, unless its to get what we want.

just kidding, but the first part is true, its painfully obvious when some1 is that nice to you that hes interested in something. espically if hes going out of his way like that to do things for you, offering you gifts is a dead give away.

The ball is in your field, you decide what to do next.

Guest deviatorz

Is he new around town? Since his English isn't that great, is he an exchange student or some other sort? Are you his only friend? If yes, chances are that he's lonely and so he wants to get to know someone really well. He has no one to rely on for help. Please don't take this the wrong way. In fact, I've been in those situations.

However, I know some guys are just genuinely nice to girls and yet have no crush on them. Would you accept him as a b/f if he did have a crush? If yes then maybe ask him about why he's being so nice and maybe he'll hint something. If not, maybe just let it be and if he does have a crush on you, he will eventually tell you. Not that I'm suggesting you use him or anything. Hope this helps.

However, I know some guys are just genuinely nice to girls and yet have no crush on them.

This is true, that some guys are genuinely nice to all girls, BUT there are general rules that are followed with this. First of all, offering gifts to a girl you recently met crosses that "just friendly" line and sends a clear message that there is further interest. I say "recently met" because guys giving gifts to a long time "girl" friend doesnt fall into this rule. Another is a guy wont go out of his way to spend time with a girl that he isnt interested in, which is whats clearly happening here.

Try taking him out for lunch, if he has interest in you, he will surely pay your share. But i doubt this test is necessary, its already so obvious lol.

awww.. he seems sweet..

so u wanna know if he likes u or if hes just really nice as a friend yeh?

either way.. i think u should just let it be and see what happens..

and the reaal question is.. DO YOU LIKE HIM or something?

Guest nana544

Oh, what a sweet dude he is to you :). From reading your post, it seems to me that he is just being a nice guy, but honestly, some guys are nice to a girl because they like that girl, and so they want to show that girl they like her. In your situation, it seems like the guy likes you and he is being nice to you to see if you have any interest in him. Do you like him too? Hope all goes well...shoot, I wish I know a sweet dude :).

Guest fossil999

hey ~! ok i really dont think he wants to "get into my pants" =.=;;;;

well, ytd i sent him a text to wish him a good trip, and he replied me by saying that he will buy me the cd for my bday present =]] and then we talked on and off for like 2 hours? but then he stopped replying, and this morning he left, and before he left he sent me a message saying hav a good vacation... but then his cousin also got a message from him (altho in japanese), so XD

how can i make the conversations last longer and more interesting? ytd was the first time we really texted o.o

Guest woaini715

i don't think they're anything wrong with him.

he could just be trying to be nice, not trying to get with you.

i mean, smiling, showing up to your concert and stuff, are normal gestures of friendship.

i think that what he really wants is a friendship. you mentioned that he can't speak english well, perhaps he's a fresh off the boat and he's trying to make friends but his limited amount of english restricts him so he doesn't want to miss out on a friendship with you.

Good news, you found yourself a virgin. Date him, he'll buy you anything you want.

:o  dont girls have it so easy

hey ~! ok i really dont think he wants to "get into my pants" =.=;;;;

how can i make the conversations last longer and more interesting? ytd was the first time we really texted o.o

lol... looks like you're the one who wants something more or else why would you care :D

guys arent nice to girls without a reason, we dont believe in common courtesy, unless its to get what we want.

just kidding, but the first part is true, its painfully obvious when some1 is that nice to you that hes interested in something. espically if hes going out of his way like that to do things for you, offering you gifts is a dead give away.

This dude speaks the truth. Always exceptions of course but 90% of times no.

Guys have all the power, is just not most guys don’t get it and suck up to girls or act all nice to girls the moment she shows sign of interest which turns off girls! Is all clear signs of DESPERATION. Think about it, if your a guy and have many options would you still act nice and all that?? i bet you not, just like how hot girls aren't nice to all guys why should you be? My arrogant jerk attitude wins over more girls than nice guys anytime.

Girls think they want a nice sweet guy but if you really look around, you'll see far more attractive women with guys that are not good fit for them because this is typically what girls TRULY want. I dont understand why guys give girls all the power, is my happy poopoo.

Guest cubyrop

Sounds like a sweet guy, I would jump to conclusions that he might be interested in me, or he's just being a really good friend. I dont' know, it doesn't hurt to have another friend doesn't it? If your friendship lasts a bit longer and he still acts this way, you can ASK him out of curiousity. :phew:

Archived