Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want the V-line on my face back...

ShiroiyukiShiroiyuki YOO AH INPosts: 462Member
I used to have a perfect v-line before when I was younger. But the moment I reached 13 y/o, I began to notice that my face starts to get fatter, especially the area around my cheeks. I know many people here envy chubby cheeks, but I hate it on my face. It doesn't suit me. I look really fat with these chubby cheeks especially when I smile.  I tried doing the facercise, but all it did was to "lift" my face. I once read around here on soompi about this Korean Salon that offers face massage. It hurts at first, but it is really effective if you want to have a smaller face. Does anybody know the name of that Korean salon?

And oh, even though I try to hide my face by trying out a different hairstyle, it still won't work..
iridescent

Replies

• nK)DukenK)Duke GermanyPosts: 796Member
    face massage? that works?

There is no way to 'redistribute' the fat location. I mean, then people would massage themself a sixpack.

You are hitting puberty=growing up.
    iCry_eunha_valndrkawaiiASIANGrey.Dropssabrineezy:)Hangbumhypernumbermzmang0zdream_onAutumn.
  • iCryiCry Posts: 198Member

ROOKIE

edited December 2010
    If it's not something that will go away even if you lose weight, then it's just in your genes. Or you could grow out of it as it could be baby fat still. I see a lot of friends, including myself, whose faces sharpened and slimmed out as they matured and got older (like after high school).

Facercising and massaging is good for your face muscles, but it really won't magically make your face slimmer - it definitely won't give you a sudden "v-line". Remember to drink a lot of water and stay hydrated (also, cut down on your sodium/salt intake because that causes water retention and bloating i.e. like the morning after you eat ramyun). and don't eat before bedtime : )
    sabrineezy:)
  • jlchen1031jlchen1031 Posts: 293Member
    i totally feel ya - my cheeks sometimes feel bloated and way rounder than they should be, too. doing some research online, i found a lot of advice similar to the one iCry put out - drink lots of water, and cut down on sodium. right now i'm also trying to tone up, and from restricting my intake of carbs a bit and limiting the carbs i do eat to healthier ones (e.g. fruits, vegs, whole grains), i've noticed that my cheeks have also shrunk a little. hope that helps :)
    a heartbeat away
    romantic comedy/drama<3
    feat. jaejoong & yoochun of dbsk

banner credits to rainfall
  • ~dhluvr4ever~~dhluvr4ever~ Sun-kissed, California &lt;3Posts: 1,088Member
    One of my main and biggest struggles (appearance-wise) revolves around these cheeks of mine.
    I am not kidding when I say this...my cheeks are pretty CHUBBY. What puzzles me is that...nowadays
    I've been eating SO MUCH HEALTHIER & I've been exercising more regularly, and drink so much water that
    I go to the bathroom pretty much every 2 hours. Yet, my cheeks are even BIGGER than ever before. I simply
    don't understand. But perhaps its been the lack of sleep...but I still don't even reach for junky foods
    when I'm up doing homework. I never do.
    I'm still only 14, and I've never been skinny in my life, always have been a medium frame, but I just hope
    it's genetics & a part of growing up. Still, it leaves me appalled.
    I can only hope to grow out of it -.-
    ♥{ Tumblr|Facebook }
  • Kui~XianKui~Xian Posts: 503Member
    iCry wrote on 01 December 2010 - 06:00 AM:

If it's not something that will go away even if you lose weight, then it's just in your genes. Or you could grow out of it as it could be baby fat still. I see a lot of friends, including myself, whose faces sharpened and slimmed out as they matured and got older (like after high school).

Facercising and massaging is good for your face muscles, but it really won't magically make your face slimmer - it definitely won't give you a sudden "v-line". Remember to drink a lot of water and stay hydrated (also, cut down on your sodium/salt intake because that causes water retention and bloating i.e. like the morning after you eat ramyun). and don't eat before bedtime : )

This. And assuming you're not older than 18, you'll most likely grow out of it.
    Message me for my Fitblr :)
    Find me on Twitter here ♡
  • HellaJiveHellaJive Posts: 25Member
    Hey Shiroiyuki! :] Don't get discouraged. It's probably just baby fat with a combination of puberty. As a freshman in college, I advise you to focus on the important things and let beauty come second. Trust me, as you grow older you "grow into yourself", and you become less awkward, more beautiful and confident.

If you're still not convinced, here some pictures.
    This was when I was like a sophomore in high school:
    zy7nsm.jpg

This is me now:
    2ds33wl.jpg

Baby fat will disappear over time. Don't waste any money on these "beauty massages" and whatnot and spend your money on the finer things in life... like a new musical instrument or a pet or something that'd be more meaningful. At the end of the day, it's what's inside :]

Hope this helps,
    Peace.
    pinkxliliesTessellatexoxo_sdbibdaulismMMKIWIfossil999cherry_fliploisirPeachKisses.ShiroiyukilovebiteLT&amp;lt;3hellodarling.smileitselanilYoorinthu_878HangbumSaturdaydianalikesbuttsintoxicated ♥Banana Peelthehelena-fantasymageMei'stargirlhiswendyMashimaro,KHJ-ing.miarinSuirikawaiiASIANchocolatekifrostyrainbowendorphinsMercypunkerellaTaaesimplii_forevahstylebubble-omokpopp
  • NINEorMoreNINEorMore Posts: 251Member
    lol its different for all people. i have chubby cheeks, and according to me, i still gots them. just gotta learn to love them since you gonna be stuck with them. i on the other hand, still cant stand my cheeks -.-
  • fossil999fossil999 Posts: 37Member
    HellaJive wrote on 03 December 2010 - 09:58 PM:

Hey Shiroiyuki! :] Don't get discouraged. It's probably just baby fat with a combination of puberty. As a freshman in college, I advise you to focus on the important things and let beauty come second. Trust me, as you grow older you "grow into yourself", and you become less awkward, more beautiful and confident.

zy7nsm.jpg

This is me now:
    2ds33wl.jpg

Baby fat will disappear over time. Don't waste any money on these "beauty massages" and whatnot and spend your money on the finer things in life... like a new musical instrument or a pet or something that'd be more meaningful. At the end of the day, it's what's inside :]

Hope this helps,
    Peace.

every nice!! =]
    cherry_flip
  • uCraZYuCraZY Posts: 14Member
    you dont want to get rid of your baby fat.
    once it's gone. it's hard to get back. just a precaution

but if you are willing to lose them
    get into an activity that involves extreme cardio - cross country / muay thai / p90x 
  • dlredlre CanadaPosts: 353Member

ROOKIE

^ I'm not so sure about your comment about "it's hard to get the chubby cheeks back"

I had huge chubby cheeks when I was a kid, even though I was skinny but as I grew older (about 10), I lost most of the fats and had a really nice v-line. Now during my late teens, the chubby cheeks came back and hasn't left. I'm 18 at the moment
  • lovebitelovebite Posts: 174Member

ROOKIE

your face is a reflection of your inner self don't you agree?

people's personalities and characters can go through changes.

here's what face fengshui has to say about round faces:

Round faces belong to the Element of Water of the planet Moon. I am sure you have heard these types of faces being referred to as Moon Face. People with such a face shape tend to look for a life of ease and comfort. Their power of imagination is very heightened especially if their birthdate confirms it. People with this facial type tend to be indecisive to the extent of going nowhere and looking for someone to lean on or depend on. They tend to be peace loving and live in a dream world of imagination and illusions. If they do not have other strong features on their face, life will just drift by for them and they will grow fat and lazy albeit they will have a jolly personality when in company. But when they are alone, they can sink into extreme fits of depression and loneliness.

from http://www.zorrapredictions.com/fshui/fs_face/face03.htm

I read a book on face reading/feng shui and it said that people with v shape tend to be very outgoing and fiery, and are action oriented.

I kind of agree with this cause I have a round face too and not really action oriented. I'm more like a dreamer
  • lizzy4everlizzy4ever Posts: 34Member
    i guess then Uee's cheeks aren't composed of baby fats anymore ;)?  but anyways, there is no way to get rid of those fats in your body in a certain area. Chances are, you have to lose fat overall, which will eventually gonna help in the long run. To do that, you need to do cardiovascular exercises and hit the gyms a few times a week. Gaining muscles will help since it takes more calories to keep those muscles up than without them, but i guess girls don't want a lot of muscles so...keep running :)?
  • musicianship_pmusicianship_p Posts: 3Member
    i heard cold water on your neck every morning helps.

• Kui~XianKui~Xian Posts: 503Member
    lizzy4ever wrote on 05 December 2010 - 05:41 PM:

i guess then Uee's cheeks aren't composed of baby fats anymore ;)?  but anyways, there is no way to get rid of those fats in your body in a certain area. Chances are, you have to lose fat overall, which will eventually gonna help in the long run. To do that, you need to do cardiovascular exercises and hit the gyms a few times a week. Gaining muscles will help since it takes more calories to keep those muscles up than without them, but i guess girls don't want a lot of muscles so...keep running :)?

This is a little off topic, but just for a fyi, girls can't bulk up mad crazy like men(women cannot produce as much testosterone as men, therefore cannot gain significant muscle mass naturally) and unless you have a specific, intensive body building type of routine, doing weights won't make you look bulky and masculine. And on the flip side, lifting very light weights will only do minimal change - there has to be resistance in order to gain muscle in the first place.
    Message me for my Fitblr :)
    Find me on Twitter here ♡
    cherry_flip&lt;3goesDOKIDOKI
  • TVBuddyTVBuddy Posts: 2,395Member

IDOL

lovebite wrote on 05 December 2010 - 11:09 PM:

your face is a reflection of your inner self don't you agree?

people's personalities and characters can go through changes.

here's what face fengshui has to say about round faces:

I read a book on face reading/feng shui and it said that people with v shape tend to be very outgoing and fiery, and are action oriented.

I kind of agree with this cause I have a round face too and not really action oriented. I'm more like a dreamer

what if you have a round face but really sharp chin?
     I took a dump five minutes ago, my Richard Simmons is still not wiped yet, you're welcome to give it a smooch.
  • HellaJive wrote on 04 December 2010 - 05:58 AM:

zy7nsm.jpg

This is me now:
    2ds33wl.jpg

Hope this helps,
    Peace.

OMG did u lose any weight or was this all natural :)

i have chubby cheeks and im 14 and i want to get nice skinny ones like u
  • Banana PeelBanana Peel Posts: 2,153Member

ROOKIE

ugh, I do hope that my cheek fat would go away after high school ;______; although I DID slim down a bit on my face after middle school, so perhaps after high school i would lose more?

sigh, i wish there was a specific exercise for losing face fat, lol. people suggested saying these words that make your mouth stretch widely so that it moves your cheek muscles, but idk if it's gonna work hahaha.
  • HellaJiveHellaJive Posts: 25Member
    Jenniilovesuju wrote on 09 December 2010 - 06:19 PM:

OMG did u lose any weight or was this all natural  :)

i have chubby cheeks and im 14 and i want to get nice skinny ones like u

I didn't do anything really drastic or different different over the years, naturally as people grow older they "grow" into their bodies. When you hit your prime, you truly start to shine and that's why I'm saying it's better to invest your time and worries into your talents. Trust me, a lot of people my age regret that we didn't continue with piano lessons, or stopped playing basketball in middle school, etc. etc. Enjoy life!
    LT&amp;lt;3MercyAutumn.
  • luv_pandaluv_panda Posts: 257Member

ROOKIE

Really depends how old you are at the moment.
    If you are still in your teens, you are still going on with pubery and hormones are still going everything.
    An hormones can cause different weight gain or no weight gains etc.
    As you grow older, you will probably get some of the vline back and loose some of the chubbiness.
    I was really chubb all through out my primary school days and have a naturally round face, but I found after my teens years so between 20-22. My face has slimmed down alot and I haven't lost weight or anything..just loosing the "baby fat off", like my chin doesn't look as rounded and looks more defined... etc..

Don't worry,
  • ShiroiyukiShiroiyuki YOO AH IN Posts: 462Member
    musicianship_p wrote on 08 December 2010 - 11:52 PM:

i heard cold water on your neck every morning helps.

^No offense, but is this another "old granny's teaching"..?