What is the most appropriate foundation to put over a BB cream?

Guest JBimmO

Liquid, Airspray, or compact foundation?
Hello! I would like to ask you guys about my BB cream. I bought Missha BB cream no.23 which is the natural beige. I know that BB cream is also a foundation. I'm just thinking if putting some foundation over it like an airbrush foundation can have an effect of smooth-finished or could add-up a glow to my face.

There will be upcoming Christmas parties and I would like to try and make-over myself. I'm not really good on make-ups as I don't really wear it that much. It would be better if you guys could give me some tips on make-up or hairstyles that would be suitable for an evening party. :)

Thanks very much xx

Guest serenityx3

...Don't put more foundation on top of foundation, lol.

Use a light powder to set it. :)

Don't forget the blush, too!

That will be much better.

Guest angelic_betrayal

Yeah, don't put another layer of foundation over the BB Cream or else it'll look cake-y and obvious. Spread out the BB Cream on your face evenly and use concealer under your eyes and on any spots to achieve a more flawless look. I agree with serenityx3, just use a powder to set your makeup so it lasts longer. :)

If you're a beginner with makeup just take it easy and don't wear too much. There are tons of youtube tutorials that you can look up to see what will suit your eye shape, skintone, etc. Goodluck!

...Don't put more foundation on top of foundation, lol.

Use a light powder to set it. :)

Don't forget the blush, too!

That will be much better.

Thank you! lol i just thought about putting some airbrush after it :)

..but i'll follow ur advice.. D'you think it'll not look flaky if I am going to put a mineral powder over it?

Yeah, don't put another layer of foundation over the BB Cream or else it'll look cake-y and obvious. Spread out the BB Cream on your face evenly and use concealer under your eyes and on any spots to achieve a more flawless look. I agree with serenityx3, just use a powder to set your makeup so it lasts longer. :)

If you're a beginner with makeup just take it easy and don't wear too much. There are tons of youtube tutorials that you can look up to see what will suit your eye shape, skintone, etc. Goodluck!

So is it okay to put a concealer after the BB cream or before?

Guest LibraZebra

I use a loose powder over my bbcream. More foundation would make it too cakey, I think...just layer bbcream if you need more coverage, or use concealer.

You can put concealer under or over, doesn't matter. I like to put mine under so that it blends more, though.

Guest selinaym

I always put my concealer on after because some blemishes (et al.) can probably be covered with foundation/BB cream. Also, I think a light powder would do the trick : )

Guest angels.disguise

The bb cream is very buildable so if you want more coverage you can add more on.

Otherwise I just recommend using concealer where you need it & finishing powder to set it.

Some people will use concealer first & then foundation, others foundation & then concealer.

I personally use concealer and the foundation.

Guest WitchGoddess

I have the exact same brand of BB cream and the same color. I don't think it provides that much coverage. It's more for the summer and gives you lighter sheer coverage. I would suggest buying a different type of BB cream for more full coverage. The place I bought it from gave me a sample of another type of BB cream from the same brand, but that one was able to give me full coverage and more of a matte look. I can't remember the name of it though.

Archived