Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Japanese Girl POP stars Make Slant Eyes Against Koreans

chucky3176chucky3176 Posts: 285Member
edited November 2010 in current events
This is not nice, making fun of the Korean all girl pop girls who are active in Japan at this moment. Their faces have stretched eyes, in reference to Korean eyes.

o0359064010834621016.jpg

o0359064010834292086.jpg

http://ameblo.jp/tanakareina-blog/entry-10694353254.html

This is a famous Japanese all girl group called "Morning Musume". The last time a similar thing happened during the Olympics when the Spanish Basketball players and their team supporters posed with a picture of "Chinese eyes" making fun of the Chinese people. It caused a world wide scandal at that time.

Now of all people, the Japanese (an Asian ethnicity), have caught on to it, I guess. Most of the comment participants below the blog, think it's funny and cute. :roll: Sadly, they're spitting at their own faces.

1118847696.jpg
neoviolence`

Replies

• MannosukeMannosuke Posts: 12,628Member

SUPERSTAR

edited November 2010
    So are they making reference to the koreans?
    Or is this just an attempt to cause political flame?

Because morning musume is awesome right.
    /attempt-to-be-biased
  • 한스 ㅋㅋ한스 ㅋㅋ jifewohoefncei Posts: 4,659Member

IDOL

ha to be honest with you i dun get what ur on about.
    but one thing I do notice is that the girl on the right fails to attempt the squinty eye technique.

• MannosukeMannosuke Posts: 12,628Member

SUPERSTAR

edited November 2010
  • pinksoufflepinksouffle Posts: 2Banned
    lol Japanese people's racial self-hatred would be absolutely hilarious if it weren't already so john teshing pathetic. :lol: And this is coming from the country that invented double eyelid tape and whose women stab at the their eyelids with little sticks to have bigger creases. Japanese eyes are just as small if not smaller than the Koreans lol I guess they've have so much tape/glue/plastic surgery that they've forgotten what they're naturally ugly faces look like. Stupid japanese make the rest of us Asians look like white-worshipping sell outs.
    WitchGoddesstheatredianalikesbuttsEddokunSilkInfusedswtxcandi`deeliciousepicpwnagexoogabyxoo
  • MangoStarMangoStar Token oreo in yo' hood :) In the dirty southPosts: 2,327Member
    I used to love this group when I was prepubescent, now I find it pitiful that their "leader" is damn near 24 and has to act like a preteen (If you were devoted fan to MM, you know why). However, I find it weird because the Japanese technically have eyes like Koreans. Meh, most of these chicks don't even get a high school education.
    JENxOWNSlychee_pooChachidianalikesbuttsmudkipEddokunMythnoonAswtxcandihellobbyxoogabyxooCharmingbestfriend96
  • WitchGoddessWitchGoddess ???! Posts: 4,829Member
    Has she looked in the mirror lately? If someone who was white saw this they would be really confused.
    Simplicity is Beautiful

Wanna read a blog?
    JENxOWNSdianalikesbuttsmudkipEddokuniPhetsglee-fullSammysticswtxcandiXxKarilyn14xXxoogabyxooChampagne*kissesCharmingbestfriend96
  • mozzarellamozzarella Posts: 54Member
    edited November 2010
    Guys, stop generalizing the Japanese population just by this uneducated mindless idol who's only able to hold onto her five min fame thanks to a bunch of otakus.No one in Japan takes her seriously, and she isn't the voice of Japan either. I'm Japanese and what she did was shocking and down right embarassing(considering she has fans through asia and should be careful of how she acts) but what some of you guys are posting here are really spitefu and hurtful.  NOT EVERY JAPANESE LOOKS DOWN UPON KOREANS.  There are racist douchebags  but most of Japan are neutral towards other asians. 

Also I wasn't able to see the blog post  since it was deleted, but did it say she was trying to resemble  koreans?
    The squinty eye gesture is frowned upon in the US because people do it to make fun of Asians. But in Japan,
    it's just to make a funny face and doesn't mean anything. She could have done it just to make a funny thing, and
    never thought of making fun of anyone. But again, I can't say this for sure since I couldn't read her blog post.. 

Why is this in the general discussion board anyways?
    Joanne <3I_play_with_dollsSage Ravenlychee_pookissez*ChachiKopiko0evamyherox3xnanairodaysSammysticdeeLOVELYbrinyblueThe Real CZswtxcandiXxKarilyn14xXsugarlessgirltaaaaaysleepynessshortstufflaiEnvious-Sleepdistillerie.nhiupearl
  • chucky3176chucky3176 Posts: 285Member
    edited November 2010
    mozzarella wrote on 02 November 2010 - 08:12 PM:

Guys, stop generalizing the Japanese population just by this uneducated mindless idol who's only able to hold onto her five min fame thanks to a bunch of otakus.No one in Japan takes her seriously, and she isn't the voice of Japan either. I'm Japanese and what she did was shocking and down right embarassing(considering she has fans through asia and should be careful of how she acts) but what some of you guys are posting here are really spitefu and hurtful.  NOT EVERY JAPANESE LOOKS DOWN UPON KOREANS.  There are racist douchebags  but most of Japan are neutral towards other asians. 

Also I wasn't able to see the blog post  since it was deleted, but did it say she was trying to resemble  koreans?
    The squinty eye gesture is frowned upon in the US because people do it to make fun of Asians. But in Japan,
    it's just to make a funny face and doesn't mean anything. She could have done it just to make a funny thing, and
    never thought of making fun of anyone. But again, I can't say this for sure since I couldn't read her blog post.. 

Why is this in the general discussion board anyways?

They were making fun of the "Korean eyes" definitely. They wrote "This is the Korean boom" (probably referring to K-POP artists) and made those faces. It's too bad you didn't read all the hundreds of Japanese comments below those pictures who thought it was funny. Quite a number of them agreed that it looked like "Korean eyes". I could not find one, yes not one, who commented that this was a bit ironic or even ludicrous. You would think that the odds would be that someone would dissent, but not one did. I'm not exaggerating. And that's the most surprising thing about all this. Do Japanese think they are not Asians? Probably. But most of those members of that group, got some serious plastic surgeries. Those two in the picture above who made those faces, you should see their before faces with no double eye lids, and the result you see now.
    Those are not natural eye lids. They also did some jaw reshaping, nose jobs, botox, colored contacts, on top of that, a thick layer of whitening makeup that's at least an inch thick (look how their pale white faces don't match with their necks). What they did was ludicrously funny.
    EddokunvalndrswtxcandiXxKarilyn14xXxoogabyxoo
  • chucky3176chucky3176 Posts: 285Member
    edited November 2010
    For those who didn't see it, or can't read Japanese. The group member Kamei Eri wrote in her own blog:

"guess what this is, can you guess?"

http://cfile235.uf.daum.net/image/1777D0114CCF6AE42B3FAE

"and the answer is....these are Koreans... lol..
    that's the image we Japanese have, of the Koreans.
    I guess these days Japan is kind of swept up in Korean wave."
    (probably referring to SNSD and KARA performing in Japan)

"this is the slanted eyes and when you pull it opposite way"

http://cfile208.uf.daum.net/image/1877D0114CCF6AE42CDC28

"Don't you think this pose looks dangerous?..lol..
    I did this pose hundreds of times, and I also did it with
    Michishige Sayumi..lol..."

http://cfile222.uf.daum.net/image/1977D0114CCF6AE42DD629

"This is my image of Korean faces...lol..."

Really ludicrous if you ask me, considering that Japanese are Asians too, and that when Westerners make slanted eye faces, they usually referred to the Japanese (or Chinese, since Koreans don't even exist in their minds). Why did Eri delete her blog entry, I wonder? Something to be ashamed about or hide her true feelings?

It would be even more ludicrously funny if a Korean pop artist in her blog, show what she thought of the Japanese by squatting, and writing "this is my image of the Japanese.. the image of Japanese are short..ha ha ha.". (all of the members of Morning Musume are barely over 150cm tall).
    chrissatineeEddokunKeiyunnak3dneoviolence`brinybluevalndrswtxcandiSilkInfusedhellobbybuuuuuxoogabyxoo
  • silenceAngel86silenceAngel86 Posts: 10Member
    Wow...I do facial and vocal expression to portray other Asian ethnicities too because generally, it's true. Korean eyes (without surgery) are more slanted than other Asian ethnicities. Japanese are shorter than other Asians. Cantonese sounds aggressive and masculine. The British have bad teeth. I can go on and on. Other people makes fun of my ethnicity too but I'm fine with it if they did it without the intention of being prejudice. Sometimes, you have to laugh at yourself and make jokes about stereotypes.

If talking about race profiling, many celebrities do it too and you probably do it but don't want to admit it.
    LieSammysticXxKarilyn14xXThePhanMantaaaaaycccoChampagne*kisses
  • TuffcoreTuffcore Karmic RedemptionPosts: 5,204Member
    Is this like black people calling black people by the N-word or something?
    Pain is temporary
    Glory is forever
    KeiyunSammysticXxKarilyn14xXshortstufflailovej
  • kissez*kissez* YEAH OH YEAH Posts: 8,252Friend of Soompi

IDOL

chucky3176 wrote on 01 November 2010 - 10:36 PM:

Most of the comment participants below the blog, think it's funny and cute. :roll: Sadly, they're spitting at their own faces.

You would.

The girls have also received a lot of heat from Japanese netizens with comments such as: “This is not good,” “This is gonna cause problems,” and “Delete it soon.”

http://www.tokyohive.com/2010/11/morning-musume-members-make-fun-of-koreans/

I haven't seen you post in awhile yet the second some dumb idol group does something mindlessly dumb, you jump right on it to defend the pride of your nation lol.

"It was tender and mild, like baby Jesus."

FORMSPRING
    BuNnIeMomiJixnanairodaysSage Ravenccco
  • yukinohanayukinohana Posts: 1,181Member

IDOL

Tuffcore wrote on 02 November 2010 - 08:59 PM:

Is this like black people calling black people by the N-word or something?

HAhahha.

yea whoever you girls are, not the smartest move in the world.
  • LiLChnKAn93LLiLChnKAn93L PARADISE Posts: 3,765Member
    hahahah omg these chicks are so stupid.
    and mm is soo annoying acting all out extra cutesy and whatnot like they're 12 ugh
    xoogabyxoolalal0ve
  • dianalikesbuttsdianalikesbutts southern calPosts: 1,526Member
    edited November 2010
    gee let's see what they look like before their eyelid surgery, how rude
    EddokunNaughtyDogTaaexoogabyxooCharmingbestfriend96
  • YubumsukYubumsuk Hicksville, ROKPosts: 2,113Banned
    This is a bit like Israelis and Arabs making fun of each other's noses.
    brinyblueEnvious-Sleepbuuuuuxoogabyxoodistillerie.
  • SerasSeras Posts: 86Member
    edited November 2010
    Hmm...I guess they're feeling a little threatened by the kpop girl groups so they do what a lot of girls do, insult the other girls to make themselves feel better :phew: Lamee
    brinybluechrissatineeswtxcandihellobbyshortstufflaiTaaexoogabyxoo
  • damyoungjidamyoungji Toronto, CanadaPosts: 4,213Member

IDOL

They are probably pissed off that the Hallyu Wave is part of the trend in Japan. In other words, Korean artists are "stealing" their fans and spotlight =P
    Eddokunxoogabyxooangels.disguiselalal0veCharmingbestfriend96
  • colloquycolloquy Yes, I am a woman. FloridaPosts: 3,886Member
    edited November 2010
    damyoungji wrote on 03 November 2010 - 12:41 PM:

In other words, Korean artists are "stealing" their fans and spotlight =P

What are you talking about? AKB48 already stole MM's fans.

SINGLE
    *1 826,989 AKB48

Incidents like these remind me of why I never worshiped idols. I'll be disappointed if my child does, to be honest.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. | formspring
    evamyherox3Sage Raventaaaaaypandamonbuuuuu
  • lockinsockslockinsocks Posts: 310Member
    Some of the Morning Musume girls aren't that bright and she's one of them. What a tool.
    evalychee_pooxoogabyxoo