SM Entertainment email audition story

Guest strawberrykiss989

Guest strawberrykiss989

Please critique my singing too, I don't mind if you're harsh
Well it is a loooooooooooong story, some of you who have been on the website for a loooong time might have read my auditioning story a few years back. Then I had flown to South Korea and auditioned for both JYP Entertainment and SM Entertainment. With JYP I am sure I 100% failed the lady didn't even blink when I sang (she didn't even blink when a girl sang like Whitney Houston) and with SM I got chased after my first audition to have a second audition. I think part of the reason I failed the second audition is because when the lady asked me why I was auditioning for SM I said it was because, ‘I love DBSK’. Eeer big mistake I guess. They probably thought I was a crazed fan. Which I’m not. Well crazed anyway...  And I was auditioning because I love Kpop music and singing not DBSK but they were the first Korean boy band I saw live and they were what got me into KPop music in the first place.

Soooo yesterday I had a crrrrazy idea! Instead of flying to South Korea to audition again why not send an email audition. So yeah I recorded myself singing Run Devil Run in English Kesha’s version and pressed the send button. I went to sleep, woke up, opened my email and discovered I was sent an email from >drum roll< SM ENTERTAINMENT OMG OMG OMG... Yeah that was what it was like for a few seconds in my mind until I opened up the email. With the help of Google translator I discovered that all the message said was that my audition had been delayed. T.T

And now I know I really ought to be doing my homework... But I really wanted to get some feedback from fellow soompiers about my singing!

Oooh some info about me:

Speciality: Singing

Name: Skye

Height: 158 cm yes I know I'm short...

Weight: ... (Let’s leave this blank for now hehe...)

Eye colour: Dark brown

Hair colour: Dark brown

Ethnicity: Eurasian (half Malaysian Chinese and half English) so yeah I’m mixed but not the pretty kind. I inherited all the not so stunning traits from each parent where else my lil’ bro was blessed with all the beauty.

Languages spoken: English (fluently), Cantonese (basic), Malay (very basic) and learning Mandarin.

And this is the link to my singing...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fuucvp5v2sU

I welcome all sorts of criticism but of course I’d like constructive criticism to help me improve. So saying, ‘you suck’ wont be good. But if you say ‘you suck because...’ Then I don’t mind at all LOL!

And yah I know I don’t have the best pop singing voice out there, since I’m classically (well was...) trained i.e. singing choir songs and etc. And even my classical voice sucks... But I still love singing and I especially love Kpop music.

Ooooh and if anyone else is auditioning via email or any other way please feel free to share your experience. Or if you’d like me to critique your singing than just tell me and I’d be happy to.

Oh I was wondering is anyone else from England trying to audition?

Thanks for taking the time to read my loooong rant.

Guest strawberrykiss989

You sure it wasn't the automated message? Google translator can be wrong sometimes.

Oooh you're the guy who got a call from SM! :)

Well this is the message whatever it means I have no idea:

다음 받는 사람 또는 메일 그룹에 대한 배달이 지연되었습니다.

smaudition@smtown.com

제목: Skye audition

이 메시지가 아직 배달되지 않았습니다. Microsoft Exchange에서 사용자 대신 메시지 배달을 계속 시도합니다.

이 메시지 배달은 2010-10-30 오후 10:21:09 (GMT+09:00) 서울까지 계속 시도됩니다. 해당 시간까지 메시지를 배달할 수 없는 경우 사용자에게 알려줍니다.

Guest sudd3n4tt4ck

smaudition@smtown.com

이 메시지 배달은 2010-10-30 오후 10:21:09 (GMT+09:00) 서울까지 계속 시도됩니다. 해당 시간까지 메시지를 배달할 수 없는 경우 사용자에게 알려줍니다.

Ah, well I'm Korean, but I MAY BE WRONG. But from what I read, this is a message from whatever email messaging system you used, which is stating that the email did not go through and that they will tell you when it reaches the destination. I MAY BE WRONG, but this is I what i think is.

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

smaudition@smtown.com

i think it means that the email itself didnt go through.. idk im a noob in krn.. just trying to help though.. srry if its wrong.

Guest strawberrykiss989

Ah, well I'm Korean, but I MAY BE WRONG. But from what I read, this is a message from whatever email messaging system you used, which is stating that the email did not go through and that they will tell you when it reaches the destination. I MAY BE WRONG, but this is I what i think is.

Thank you for taking the time to translate. Btw I wish you good luck on your live audition! For some reason I feel like you're going to succeed I think it's cause you exude a star quality. Well from what I can see from your avatar anyway. LOL! :)

I think you mentioned in your own 'topic' that you bombarded SM with emails and posts. May I ask was the email address you auditioned with an American one like Yahoo or a Korean one like Daum (?) because mine is Yahoo UK perhaps that is why it didn't send...

i think it means that the email itself didnt go through.. idk im a noob in krn.. just trying to help though.. srry if its wrong.

Thank you too for helping to translate!

*cries a river in the corner* T.T now I don't know what to do... I was unsuccessful when trying to audition for JYPE online too via their auditioning website, for some reason it just wouldn't send! Should I just resend it to SM Entertainment again by email or should I just post it? Ah maybe I should just get a job and save up to go to Korea again...

Guest strawberrykiss989

hi, ive been w producer&stylist of korean ent now, so i might be able to help

ive been startin my entertainment training for korea, and i will in korea soon.

i like your voice, but its very weak.

you ahve a very kpop voice, but with your level of skills of vocal, you wont make it.

especially when u go high part with your head voice, it sounds very off and weird.

but i hear so much potential w your voice.

now with your potential voice, if you have a appearence wise level upto snsd, then they might like you.

but i would not go to korea just to audition. its a waste of time. first, you shojuld wait till you get more vocal trainning.

i cant help u with vocal train, but i can help with the appearence part?

Thank you very much for the critique it is very kind of you to take the time to do so. Okay I will take your advice and work on my vocals. Please do help with my appearance, tell me what I need to do! :)

I think you mentioned in your own 'topic' that you bombarded SM with emails and posts. May I ask was the email address you auditioned with an American one like Yahoo or a Korean one like Daum (?) because mine is Yahoo UK perhaps that is why it didn't send...

YESYES, SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS LOL

ive been spamming them with questions about whether they are having GLOBAL auditions in Canada again this year in 2010, but they never respond! and i swear i sent like 3-4 already and i dont wanna send anymore cuz that will richard simmons them off. i guess they only accept auditions, not questions. then again, whichc email did i send it to... ugh whatever.

but anyways, i used @hotmail.com and @rogers.com.

which emails do you guys use? because honestly, last year in 2009 during the global auditions, when i signed up through email, it didnt go through. AGAIN.

Guest strawberrykiss989

YESYES, SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS LOL

ive been spamming them with questions about whether they are having GLOBAL auditions in Canada again this year in 2010, but they never respond! and i swear i sent like 3-4 already and i dont wanna send anymore cuz that will richard simmons them off. i guess they only accept auditions, not questions. then again, whichc email did i send it to... ugh whatever.

but anyways, i used @hotmail.com and @rogers.com.

which emails do you guys use? because honestly, last year in 2009 during the global auditions, when i signed up through email, it didnt go through. AGAIN.

I totally want to send them like loads of emails too. You know to show them I'm determined but then like you I'm scared they'll get pissed off...

By the way even though I'm a failed audition (well seeing as there is a 99.9% it didn't even reach them, not too sure though...) this is the email address I sent my audition to:

smaudition@smtown.com

Hmm... I think their emails i.e. (in Korean) might think we're spam LOL! :lol:

i posted this in the other thread too, but i wanted to post my questions here as well, just because u went through the same process and u can help me too.

i didnt want to put these questions in the pinned SM entertainment question thread because nobody hardly looks in there.

thank you so much!

I HAVE QUESTIONS FOR EMAIL AUDITIONS@@@@@@@@@@

i was hoping that you could help me, since you sent a successful email audition ^^

1. which email site do you use? i mean your email, not SM's. so like, do you use hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc or korean email sites like daum? im afraid my email wont be compatible with theirs so i want to know which email u sent ur application with so make sure that it goes through. 

2. how do you attach music files? do you give them a link to box.net or something? do they have to download it? is it a link to youtube? ..... in a shortened question, how would you attach a music file for them to listen to? how did you do it? x)

3. how do you attach a video for a dancing clip? i know that thye wont really open up a link from youtube, so how would you show them ur dancing? how would you upload it and attach it to the mail?

4. THANK YOU. SOMEONE, PLEASE ANSWER THIS. i need help :( 

i posted this in the other thread too, but i wanted to post my questions here as well, just because u went through the same process and u can help me too.

i didnt want to put these questions in the pinned SM entertainment question thread because nobody hardly looks in there.

thank you so much!

i was hoping that you could help me, since you sent a successful email audition ^^

1. which email site do you use? i mean your email, not SM's. so like, do you use hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc or korean email sites like daum? im afraid my email wont be compatible with theirs so i want to know which email u sent ur application with so make sure that it goes through. 

2. how do you attach music files? do you give them a link to box.net or something? do they have to download it? is it a link to youtube? ..... in a shortened question, how would you attach a music file for them to listen to? how did you do it? x)

3. how do you attach a video for a dancing clip? i know that thye wont really open up a link from youtube, so how would you show them ur dancing? how would you upload it and attach it to the mail?

Hey :) Im going to answer your questions XD

1. I used hotmail to send it.. It always went through so it should be fine :)

2. I attached a music file, but incase they didn't want to download it, i also included a link to box.net 

3.  Urm, you attach it on the email, just attach it as a file.. 

4.  Your Welcome :D I hope this helped you though :P 

Guest strawberrykiss989

Hey :) Im from UK too :D :D

I've decided to go to the JYP Auditions in HK ...

AHHH :P 

P.S Ive been spamming sm too :P 

Oooh hi fellow United Kingdom-er on Soompi! I don't think there are many of us on here hehe... :sweatingbullets:

Wow I wanna go HK to audition too! I actually went there as a stop over when I went to Korea to audition. My family and I went to Disneyland and everything, it was nice! :lol:

Hmm... So would I be wrong to assume that your family is originally from Hong Kong and you'll probably be able to speak Cantonese fluently?

Ah envy you... Looking from your Avatar you're pretty and if you're really talented I think you're pretty much guaranteed to be accepted by JYP after all they are looking into expanding into the Chinese market. ;)

Well nice meeting you or should I say typing to you which would be more accurate LOL! B)

i  posted this in the other thread too, but i wanted to post my questions  here as well, just because u went through the same process and u can  help me too.

thank you so much!

1.  which email site do you use? i mean your email, not SM's. so like, do  you use hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc or korean email sites like daum? im  afraid my email wont be compatible with theirs so i want to know which  email u sent ur application with so make sure that it goes through. 

2.  how do you attach music files? do you give them a link to box.net or  something? do they have to download it? is it a link to youtube? .....  in a shortened question, how would you attach a music file for them to  listen to? how did you do it? x)

3. how do you attach a video for  a dancing clip? i know that thye wont really open up a link from  youtube, so how would you show them ur dancing? how would you upload it  and attach it to the mail?

Hi I'm gonna answer your questions too! Though my answers are pretty similar to xx_sunshine_xx...

Well I wouldn't say my email audition was successful in fact it looks like it didn't send at all which I think it could be due in part that my email address is a UK address but anyway with the answers:

1. I used a yahoo.co.uk email.

2. To attach a file all you need to do is click attach which is normally the word 'attach' or a picture of a paperclip.

3. In terms of a video personally I have not done this and don't really know... I only know how to mush pictures and audio together,,,

4. Sorry I'm not much help... 

Yay :) Yeah! There isn't much people from UK here .. :S 

Haha.. you assume right, i can speak fluent cantonese. But the thing is, the audition it is going to be a secret ..My parents won;t know about it, they just think i am going to HK just to visit family, but i'm going to have to tell a aunt there so she can help me get there ^^

Hmmm.. not that pretty :( 

Wow! You already auditioned before! :) Was it scary? For the JYP auditions do you only sing in front of the judges? 

XD A few questions

Nice to typing to you too ;) 

Oooh hi fellow United Kingdom-er on Soompi! I don't think there are many of us on here hehe... :sweatingbullets:

Wow I wanna go HK to audition too! I actually went there as a stop over when I went to Korea to audition. My family and I went to Disneyland and everything, it was nice! :lol:

Hmm... So would I be wrong to assume that your family is originally from Hong Kong and you'll probably be able to speak Cantonese fluently?

Ah envy you... Looking from your Avatar you're pretty and if you're really talented I think you're pretty much guaranteed to be accepted by JYP after all they are looking into expanding into the Chinese market. ;)

Well nice meeting you or should I say typing to you which would be more accurate LOL! B)

Guest strawberrykiss989

Yay :) Yeah! There isn't much people from UK here .. :S 

Haha.. you assume right, i can speak fluent cantonese. But the thing is, the audition it is going to be a secret ..My parents won;t know about it, they just think i am going to HK just to visit family, but i'm going to have to tell a aunt there so she can help me get there ^^

Hmmm.. not that pretty :( 

Wow! You already auditioned before! :) Was it scary? For the JYP auditions do you only sing in front of the judges? 

XD A few questions

Nice to typing to you too ;)

Hi xx_sunshine_xx I sent you a pm! :lol:

Guest strawberrykiss989

Vary a bit more, and be more fierce, it's something the song requires =)

Oooh thank you JayQiu I'll try to work on varying and my fierceness! :)

Archived