Winter Jackets!

Guest Sophi.e*

Guest Sophi.e*

'cause winter is coming soon!
Hey Soompiers :)

I'm starting to look for a good winter jacket that can keep me warm in the Canadian winter! I live in Toronto, so our winters can get pretty harsh.

If you add everything up, it could feel like -40 to almost feeling like -50 degrees Celsius ! D:

I heard the TNA winter jackets are pretty warm and good quality, but the down side is.. EVERY single girl has that jacket ): So I was hoping to find

other jackets that are equally warm and maybe not as pricy too?

Post a picture of your jacket or one that you're planning to get& tell us how bad your winters get!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest .:precious:.

hey there! Im Canadian too and i totally understand what you mean by the freezing winters =P...Ive been actually looking for a jacket myself.

I think that TNA jackets are over rated...everyone and anyone has them =P...Im currently looking for something warm and unique as well. Ill be sure to post if i find anything neat! =)

Hello....yea, I cannot believe I was forced (by mother nature) to pull out my Winter coat out this Monday! It was freezing.... when I woke up it was 50C...brr...hehe..sorry went off topic.

Hmm - I have 2 coats, a plaid and a down filled one. The plaid jacket I end up wearing most of the time, and end up being cold......I do it cause I want to look professional(??). The down filled one is pretty good and warm ....looks similar to this one. I also walk to work (in Toronto) and this jacket tends to make me warm... so only wear it when it feels like it is -300C

Guest Sophi.e*

hey there! Im Canadian too and i totally understand what you mean by the freezing winters =P...Ive been actually looking for a jacket myself.

I think that TNA jackets are over rated...everyone and anyone has them =P...Im currently looking for something warm and unique as well. Ill be sure to post if i find anything neat! =)

yaah, thats one thing thats keeping me from buying a TNA one. but my friend who works at TNA said they have other types of winter jackets too! 

something about a community one.. hmm. 

i want something long to keep my legs warm too!

@theineptninja: i like the picture you gave! where did you buy your jacket? :)

Guest Rainie Yu

Ok since we're on the topic of winter jackets >:3

would it look weird or cute if someone wore winter jacket (Ok not like in freezing cold weather, more like 50-60 degrees..) with winter leggings and skirt and boots :3?

Guest Rainie

I'm from Canada too...my favourite brand is probably Soia and Kyo, the Montreal-based brand. But if you're looking for down jackets...maybe Northface, Canada Goose (pricier but extremely warm), or even Columbia.

Aritzia also sells other down jackets from other brands too...like Community etc.

Guest swtbabiiee

I had the TNA one 2 years ago, and as over rated as it is, it is really warm! Last year I had an Abercrombie one, which is not as warm but really cute. This year I really want a knee length Community parka! It's simple and warm enough to survive Canada's winter :D

Guest deceitful.reverie

I'm from Canada too...my favourite brand is probably Soia and Kyo, the Montreal-based brand. But if you're looking for down jackets...maybe Northface, Canada Goose (pricier but extremely warm), or even Columbia.

Aritzia also sells other down jackets from other brands too...like Community etc.

Are the Soia & Kyo down coats warm enough for freezing temperatures? I've been looking for a 'stylish' down coat since I only have athletic ones for skiing. I know Soia & Kyo's coats are pretty good, but most of the reviews I see online are for their wool coats, and right now I'm not really interested in those 'cause the one I have is enough.

Oh, and do you also know if down coats from Mackage are warm as well? ^_^

Guest Rainie

Are the Soia & Kyo down coats warm enough for freezing temperatures? I've been looking for a 'stylish' down coat since I only have athletic ones for skiing. I know Soia & Kyo's coats are pretty good, but most of the reviews I see online are for their wool coats, and right now I'm not really interested in those 'cause the one I have is enough.

Oh, and do you also know if down coats from Mackage are warm as well? ^_^

Soia and Kyo also sell down coats...I own a wool one, but my friend has a down coat by Soia and Kyo and she said it's really warm. Just check out their website.

Guest Sophi.e*

damn, I just checked out the prices for soia & Kyo, and they're madddd expensive!

anyone know how warm the A&F or HCO winter jackets are? the quality? 

Ok since we're on the topic of winter jackets >:3

would it look weird or cute if someone wore winter jacket (Ok not like in freezing cold weather, more like 50-60 degrees..) with winter leggings and skirt and boots :3?

I don't think it's weird, we have that weather atm, and I wear a winter jacket, shorts, opaque tights and uggs. :)

Guest makupjunkie
:o a TNA parka is $275CAD, about $75 more than what I had expected. 75 doesn't seem like much, but it makes the difference in bringing it that much closer to the 300 end =_=

Guest amy_jacinth

is not that cold here in uk but last week i have a friend(she's first time experiencing cold weather) who visited me need to wear a jacket with scarf in the house, with the heater on and after finishing one whole bottle of red wine and still complaining being cold at a mere 10C crazy.gif i nearly turned into a roasted pig with the heater on vicx.gif

but i guess i might need to get something really warm too for my mum who is coming during winter since last summer she's already wearing my autumn coat when is only about 13C :sweatingbullets:

Guest cicisaurr___

heyy!

i live in toronto too!

I know a lot of people are wearing canada goose because its extremely warm.

you can probably give that a try (:

Or if not, be like me. LOL!

I just bought a bench winter jacket. Im gonna wear it with a nice and warm sweater.

I couldnt find any other ones that not a lot of people have.

-coughcanadagooseandtnacough-

make sure to wear mittens and earmuffs! (:

or like a hat or something :D

I'm from WI and we can get as cold as negative 10! It's even worse w/wind chills. I have an abercrombie one to wear casually and it's SOOOO warm cause it is fur lined.

These are two that I'm looking to buy:

http://www.express.com/ruffled-bottom-belted-wool-trench-coat-30380-273.pro?Mpper=3&Mpos=0&Mcat=273&Mcatg=cat_2&Mcatn=Outerwear+30%25+Off&Mcatp=cat_332&Mpg=SEARCH%2BNAV&Mcatpn=5+Days+to+Save&user_att_name=Interest&user_att_value=Email&Mrsaa=*&Mrsavf=*&Mppg=0

http://www.express.com/minus-the-wool-asymmetrical-jacket-28290-273.pro?Mpper=3&Mpos=2&Mcat=273&Mcatg=cat_2&Mcatn=Outerwear+30%25+Off&Mcatp=cat_332&Mpg=SEARCH%2BNAV&Mcatpn=5+Days+to+Save&user_att_name=Interest&user_att_value=Email&Mrsaa=*&Mrsavf=*&Mppg=0#jsLink

Archived