Skin Whitening Products

Admin

know any good brands?
I heard that Tony Moly had some pretty good products to whiten skin a bit. Hey, I'm a Korean girl, and you know what most Koreans think of beauty...white skin, double eyelids, and skinny figure. :)

I'm mainly doing this to try and see if any products really DO work, but if my skin manages to get any whiter, then it's a plus for me.

No, I'm not asking for brands of BB creams, but names of products that actually work to whiten your skin. I don't know if they exist, but if you think you know of any, please tell me. :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest raspberrynancy

Diana stalder- i brought that online ( bleaching product )

Papaya soap- i brought in a asian/african store ( it's a bleaching product )

yoko whitening cream - whitens blemishes ( whitening agent kojic acid )

i have tried likas papaya it didn't work for me :(

The best I've used so far is the HADALABO whitening mask. Their products in general are quite good (I'm using the moisturizing toner now which is also amazing!) :) you might want to look into their other whitening products too~~

Guest ling_ling

Likas was good for whitening, I did get paler but my skin became sensitve after that

at the moment i am using garnier lightening night cream which i love! makes my skin super soft

and then i have vaseline whitening body cream which is nice, i use it for my arms to get rid of my tan :P

Both are gentle whiteners... dnt think theya re to harsh O_O

Instead of looking for a brand, try to search for product that contains whitening agents, it'll save you from wasting money on gimmick creams :P

To name a few, you have Glycolic Acid (hence the reason they use this for chemical peel), ascorbic acid (aka vitamin C), Kojic acid (called kojic palmitate in cosmetic since this form is much more stable than in the acid form), etc. AHA (alpha hydroxy acids), which include glycolic acid and kojic acid normally have whitening agents. Also, do your research to know the concentration need for these acids to be effective.

The thing with whithening is that your skin will get DARKER if you do not apply sunscreen. While those acids do their job by either reducing the production of melatonin or peel off dead cells (and probably some alive too), your skin will respond more strongly to sun light since it is getting more sensitive.

:)

Guest Fatalchange

I use Likas...It works pretty well, but the thing I love most about it is that it's easy to get since my family goes to Filipino markets quite often, and it's not too expensive :)

Just be careful of buying fake ones >.< I believe they have a new box...and it's kinda glossy and shiny...holographic in a way O:

• 7 months later...
Guest lindzlace

hi! i;ve been using this cream for quite some time now and it hasn't failed me so far. it lightens uneven skin tones, discoloration, dark spots. etc. it sure also whitens. the names Metaderm. you can check their site out. (metaderm.com) they offer free shipping if you're interested to order.

• 8 months later...
Guest Tofu_Cloud

Diana stalder- i brought that online ( bleaching product )

Papaya soap- i brought in a asian/african store ( it's a bleaching product )

yoko whitening cream - whitens blemishes ( whitening agent kojic acid )

i have tried likas papaya it didn't work for me :(

YOKO Cream contains Mercury

I know this was posted along time ago

But i hope everyone can please stay away from YOKO WHITENING CREAM and yoko products in general. (as it's easily found on Ebay)

I first heard on the radio about a lawsuit in January and they don't completely list all their ingredients and claim to be 100% natural.. it is not.

More information here

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/2/14/nation/20120214190651&sec=nation

SILK WHITIA whitening mask.

Works a gem, but results last only up to a week or so.

If you use it once a week or so, it does make your skin brighter and whiter, but it can be a little expensive ><.

Guest snsd_foreverr

Wow...Koreans are light already. I am sure many of you are beautiful even without looking completely "white."

Guest gocots1

Wow...Koreans are light already. I am sure many of you are beautiful even without looking completely "white."

I Agree O: White skin doesn't look good on me.

• 1 year later...

I recommend Arbutin... the Naruko line has this (as many other higher end skincare lines). It has pretty strong effect when combined with other antioxidants such as Vit C and sunscreen. 
Realistically, a mix of time, sunscreen, healthy diet, and brightening products produce the results. There is no magic (unless you go for harsh products, which is a gamble). 

if you really want a fast whitening effect just try drinking glutathione capsules.. it is effective and my skin got 3x lighter than what i had before and of course proper skin regimen too :) a lot of artists use glutathione to whiten their skin in a short amount of time. I  don't think BB CREAMS are effective in whitening the skin permanently . they only cover your face in a short time but when it is removed it's gone.. while if you use glutathione it's a permanent effect and you won't regret the results

• 2 weeks later...

Milk is good for you skin and it helps whiten it as well. I've tried it before and it do whiten my skin. My mom thought i was on some type of drugs because my skin actually whiten and gotten pale. So i would definitely recommend MILK. :) just use a cotton ball and pour about 1 teaspoon of milk and dip your cotton ball, wipe all over your face and neck. I leave it for the night and rinse off right away in the morning. The milk  will smell funny but natural fresh products works best! 
Another product is called Creamlao. Its an asian whitening product that you put on at night. It works wonders and it helps clears acne as well! :) so give these a try if you will! :) 

Guest jade�oàn1430293563

hey guys, do you know this product. I have used it and like it so much. I want to order it from Korea because my sister hasn't been in Korea any more. If anyone know how to buy it, pls share it for me. Tks you so much. Besh wishes for you <3http:
Because i don't know how to update the picture of the product. I only know it named Collagen White Plus (re-creat & whiteningcream). PLS  help us. I'm too depressed :((((

Archived