Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Fevers everytime I wake up ?

x3Jaex3Jae SydneyPosts: 693Member
Hi guys, basically my problem is that recently, when I wake up either from sleep or from a nap I wake up and I feel like I have a fever. It's not like, omg I feel really hot I must be having a fever.
I feel like this for about 10 mins before the feeling goes away. I've had this before but the doctors didn't really know what was wrong with me (plus my mum had taken me to a Chinese doctor with all the herbal medicine)
So I was wondering if anyone else has these kinda flushes? I guess, and what they do to help it. Sorry if my description of it is a bit vague

Replies

• onnetwothreefouronnetwothreefour Posts: 785Member
    edited September 2010
    x3Jae wrote on 27 September 2010 - 08:25 AM:

Hi guys, basically my problem is that recently, when I wake up either from sleep or from a nap I wake up and I feel like I have a fever. It's not like, omg I feel really hot I must be having a fever.
    I feel like this for about 10 mins before the feeling goes away. I've had this before but the doctors didn't really know what was wrong with me (plus my mum had taken me to a Chinese doctor with all the herbal medicine)
    So I was wondering if anyone else has these kinda flushes? I guess, and what they do to help it. Sorry if my description of it is a bit vague

i have this too! i just recently started to notice. I get it more often when I nap at a friends house for some strange reason. most of the time I am sleeping on the couch or awkwardly on their beds. What I do know is that I snore loud but not just the gradual kind but a scary sounding type. I think I have sleep apnea but I have yet to speak to my doctor about running a sleep study. aside from that, I sometimes get night sweats where my sheets are soaked but they are not often enough for my doctor to run any other tests for me. and recent I found out I have hypoglycemia so that might be where my night sweats come from but thats just a possibility. i stopped getting these hot flashes as often though, i mean i have had it this past week but its been hot the past few days where I'm from so that is normal. has your doctor ruled out lymphoma or anything like that? do you ever wake up with soaked sheets or do you just wake up hot?

my medical history;
    I have a condition called Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia which means my heart rate is higher than usual and gets even higher with little activity. I wake up with a fast heart rate as well. I have hypoglycemia because of the triglyceride gene in my family.

I do want to mention I was watching undiagnosed mystery on tv or something like that and this lady went undiagnosed for a very very long time because no doctors could figure out what is wrong with her. It turned out she produced too much Heme but then this came with more than just feeling hot after sleeping. She had major stomach pains BUT she had these episodes that would make her body twitch while she was sleeping and she would get night sweats as well. I mentioned this to my Endocrinologist and he said that it wouldn't hurt to get a test for it, except he didn't know how to run a test for Heme as it was not his specialty. I will ask my primary doctor about this next time I see him.
    Toxictears09
  • &. crepuscular&. crepuscular your average korean fangirl neverland?Posts: 1,758Member
    are you just really really warm from the bed? LOL
    idk i FEEL feverish but when i check, it's just the blankets and my body heat which built up during my sleep o-o
    "everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of  love,
    a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."
    __________________________-mother theresa
  • sussus AussiE lANdPosts: 3,213Member
    mayb ur bed is too hot
    wear less clothes
    or have less blankets

are u stressed.. sometimes u wake up with a cold sweat
  • onnetwothreefouronnetwothreefour Posts: 785Member
    Been a while since OP posted...what's new OP?
    Blu_Velvet_Sea
  • angelsxmelodyangelsxmelody USPosts: 54Member
    i dont have a fever when i wake up but i always have a cold when i wake up and it takes like 30 minutes for it to be gone.