How do you apply/use BB Cream?

Guest serenityx3

Guest serenityx3

Please be thorough and descriptive~
Hello lovelies~

I recently bought BB Cream, and am excited to try it out.

But, problem is... I'm pretty much a complete noob with "make-up". :phew:

And just to let you know, I don't wear ANY makeup (ferreal).

I heard you should apply moisturizer before putting on the BB cream, but then some people said you don't have to. :unsure:

So... I'd just like to know what you should do before applying BB cream and how to take off BB cream.

What to know about my skin:

oily/combo, acne-prone

I'd also really like it if any of you guys explain your experiences with BB cream (especially those with oily skin like me).

You should apply moisturizer even if you don't wear BB Cream.. So I would suggest applying moisturizer and then wait for that to absorb, then apply BB Cream. I like to first dot my face evenly for the areas that need coverage (cheeks, chin, nose, forehead and neck) and then gently pat it into my skin until there is an even layer that blends smoothly :D

Guest LibraZebra

You do your skin care regime first (cleanse, tone, moisturize or whatever) and then apply BB cream. I dot under eyes, forehead, cheeks, chin, etc. and then smooth out and pat until it's even and sunken in. It's just like applying moisturizer.

Guest Rainie Yu

For me, I wash my face (cetaphil ^_^), toner, moisurize (Cetaphil cream!), then I dot it on and just do  like LibraZebra said!

But for me I wear a foundation over..Cause I I tanned over summer so my Missha 21 is way too light for me and I use it to just brighten my complexion :P

Guest epicpwnage

I don't wear any make up either ^_^" Ehe.

My older sister uses Dr Jart BB cream and she put it on me for my Gr 8 Graduation :D:D! I have acne prone combo skin as well T_T Sucks right?!

I basically cleansed my face with my favourite Aveeno cleanser, applied my Neutrogena Combo Skin Moisturizer [mattifies oily parts and moisturizes normal/dry area] then she taps some BB cream onto her index & middle finger tips on ONE HAND and rubbed it together with the same fingers with other hand to warm it up (She said it makes it look more even and pretty =3, so dont apply directly to your face!) then you pat it onto the areas on your skin that need coverage and blend away with a sponge or brush or just your fingers~ If you have really bad dark circles remember to put on concealer first and put some bb cream on your eyelids too cause if your forehead and eye skin doesnt match. It looks funny xD

I took off the BB cream she put on me with water and this special BB cream cleanser

Guest Ceetique

Some people don't use moisturizer, because their skin is prone to oilness, but it depends on what you feel comfortable with.

As BB cream is said to be quite moisturising itself, and applying can be done with several ways i guess, most people ususlly dab with their fingers several spots on their faces then mixing and blending it in, but there are people who also use Stippling brushes to blend it in, especially if the bb cream has a runny texture.

But since your skin is quite oily you can try dab a bit of powder foundation around the oily places so your skin won't become shiny, but don't over do it, otherwise you're blocking in pores. Also since you have oily skin, try having a set of blotting paper with you at all times, to remove excess oil.

Guest cherrierus

Personally I like to mix it with moisturizer and i just rub it on like a tinted moisturizer. I have acne prone skin but but also very dry skin.

question: if the bbcream is a different color than your skintone (for example: it makes you look more pale/pink-grey) how would you correct the color? especially for someone who has yellow skintones, which is better to use? bronzer or tinted finishing powder? note that i don't want to use foundation over it because i don't want to make it heavier.

Guest loveteajuice

When I apply my BB Cream in the morning, this is what I do:

I don't 'wash' my face in the morning, because it strips away a lot of moisture, especially if I shower late the night before. I just tone my face (Faceshop Quick and Clean Toner or Shiseido Softener (?)) and moisturise (Cetaphil Moisturiser).

I use just one pump of my BB Cream (Missha Perfect Cover #23) and dot it onto my face first, then I spread it on my face. Sometimes I'll apply more if I have dark circles.

BB Cream is still makeup, so use your normal skincare routine and treat BB Cream as a foundation, but with extra skincare properties.

If you have oily skin, make sure you moisturise and hydrate your face properly (drink water, eat fruits and vegetables).

@rynaga: BB Cream is basically a foundation so don't ever put another foundation over it! Most BB Cream shades can adapt to most skin tones easily, provided that your skin tone is not too dark. Mine adapts to my skintone after about half an hour so it doesn't look that cakey.

To prevent from buying BB Cream of the wrong tone, consult the assistants in the shop first.

Guest cutemonster

my BB cream is water based, as in, it literally flows out like a toner. so I just wash my face, do the toner, and then bb cream. however i suggest you to use moisturizer in the winter because your skin will be dry and the moist in your bb cream does not last as long as a moisturisor

Cleanse your face with a cleanser/wash foam that's for oily skin

Apply toner that's suitable for oily skin - avoid ones with alcohol denat in ingredients list it's too drying

Wait 5 minutes

Wash hands with soap

Apply moisturiser that's also suitable for oily skin

Wait 5 minutes - keep hands clean

Dot BB cream like a triangle on each cheek, once on the chin, twice on the forehead and once on the nose.

With the use of three fingers pat BB cream onto the skin

Since you have oily skin I recommended either getting the setting BB powder that matches the BB cream you're using or any other random mattifying powder (or MAC's blot powder).

Apply in a patting motion with brush or application sponge/pad.

Oh and make sure the BB cream you use is for oily skin.

I have the same type of skin as you.

First, I wash my face with Neutragena oil free wash. Then I use cqlindomyocin (is that how you spell it?) on my face as an antibacterial topical gel.

Anyway, then for bb cream I use Thefaceshop's all natural bb cream. I squeeze out a pea sized amount on the back of my hand, and use my finger to dot it on the spots I want to cover. Then I use a makeup sponge to pat it on my skin until it blends. I find that the make up sponge works very well for bb cream. Then I set the bb cream with translucent powder.

BB cream works really well for me ^^ I hope it will for you too

Guest chocochip

ooh, i love my BB cream <3 i always moisturize because if i don't it gets pretty cakey. after i moisturize i put on  Clinique pore minimzer (this stuff is friggin amazing) and then my BB cream

Guest serenityx3

Thanks everyone for the wonderful replies! :D

Looks like I'll have to go get me a new cleanser.

I used to use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Cleanser, but it recently made me break out so I stopped using it...so I have been cleanser-less for pretty much a good month now. :tears:

*sigh* Looking for a new cleanser is as hard as picking out which BB cream to use!

I wear moisturizer & sunscreen beneath my bb cream. Those two prep my skin and makes it soft for the bb cream to blend. I personally find it hard to blend sans moisturizer because parts of my skin are dry.

Guest hello1430273419

While we're on the subject, have any of you really seen an improvement in your skin by using BB creams? I'm thinking of buying one that's $45, but I'm not sure if I should just buy a foundation.

Guest serenityx3

While we're on the subject, have any of you really seen an improvement in your skin by using BB creams? I'm thinking of buying one that's $45, but I'm not sure if I should just buy a foundation.

Well, I haven't got around to using my BB cream just yet but,

I've heard/read a lot of reviews of people saying that their skin improved (like bye-bye acne scars&blemishes, no more clogged pores or breakouts, etc.) BB cream has "healing" properties which makes it different than foundation I believe. But, it all depends on what kind of skin you have, so even though you read all these reviews, it might not work out for you.

Why don't you ask for some samples of BB cream before buying one? Cause $45 is still a lot of money, in my opinion. d: But then again, the one my mom bought for me was $38 (A3F[on] BB cream which came with this peeling gel scrub thing).

Guest hello1430273419

Well, I haven't got around to using my BB cream just yet but,

I've heard/read a lot of reviews of people saying that their skin improved (like bye-bye acne scars&blemishes, no more clogged pores or breakouts, etc.) BB cream has "healing" properties which makes it different than foundation I believe. But, it all depends on what kind of skin you have, so even though you read all these reviews, it might not work out for you.

Why don't you ask for some samples of BB cream before buying one? Cause $45 is still a lot of money, in my opinion. d: But then again, the one my mom bought for me was $38 (A3F[on] BB cream which came with this peeling gel scrub thing).

Yeah I do have samples of this BB cream; I was thinking that for $45 it didn't make my skin look amazing, but if it helps with acne, then I'm all for it. I've only tested it out a day, so I'll see. And yeah, I think it comes in a set with a sunscreen.

Guest serenityx3

Yeah I do have samples of this BB cream; I was thinking that for $45 it didn't make my skin look amazing, but if it helps with acne, then I'm all for it. I've only tested it out a day, so I'll see. And yeah, I think it comes in a set with a sunscreen.

I've heard it has helped with some acne/breakouts, and I'm just hoping it works for me. :wacko: I mean...as long as it doesn't break me out, it's all good.

Sometimes I feel that samples do not really give justice to the real thing. I've gotten some BB cream samples that are like packaged in little squares, and I didn't really enjoy it. And whaddya know, it only had a little bit in it, too, so I really couldn't do much with it which meant I couldn't see results. xD

Archived