TRIPLE eyelid problem?

Guest immaYORKIEEE.

Guest immaYORKIEEE.

please help :(
So three weeks ago, I cried.

After that my eyelids kinda changed.

I used to do eyelid tape in 10th grade every now and then but over the summer they became semi-permenant and i didn't use them as much

*EDIT: i had monolids and used eyetape every now and then and got double lids...

and my eyes looked fine and my eyelids didn't really loosen or anything

but

after i cried that day....

My eyelids became....softer in texture?

and the folds were a lot less....deepset and stable...

It wasnt natural looking cuz the line wouldnt start from the beginning and it would get kinda deep in the middle.....i don't like it :(

I tried eyelid tape but even tho it made the line, it was still.....different looking than before.

before my eyelids would be a lot more stable and less fatty/soft when i touched them..they kinda feel drier too?

And then a few days later...I started having triple eyelids when i blinked...or it was visible when i looked down there was another possible crease fold line thing

Like there was extra fat or something above my original eyelid that sunk in and this other line would pop up above it when i blink

but the other line is up way too high to be my actual crease.

Like, i would blink and then...i guess my eyelid fat...? would bulge out and i would have a lower line and an upper line :(

its like i gained fat on my eyelids from crying? o.O or it got distributed weird? WHAT? i don't think thats possible......o.o

i did gain a bit of weight around that time, but this only occured after that one day i cried!

and the thing is, my triple eyelid weighs down on my double eyelid and turns it into a monolid a lot now :(...

UPDATE: i found out whats been causing the triple eyelid......I HAD THESE TWO BUMPS that were near the end of my eye, interfereing wth my crease so it made TWO creases on top and under it...great. but now the top crease is kinda prevalent, even though i killed the bump since it formed a really really thin linne....will it go away?

but even tho i stabbed the bumps it formed a mini scab --;

before i had one on my eyelid that was small so it ddnt interfere, i stabbed it and it eventually went away...

HELP, please? T_T.... i want my eyes to return to how they were before all this....

eyelids-1.jpg

*before is not before eyelid tape, before eyelid tape i had single eyelids

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I didn't think that using eyelid tape would cause permanent change but i just watcheda youtube video by a girl who said she got permanent creases from using eyelid tape. Only in her case they ended up looking nice. She maintains them but using eyelid tape at night for 15 minutes and in the morning for 15 minutes. She also said the eyelid skin get's soft so that it holds the fold better. Seems like the same thing happened to you only it didn't turn out as nicely.

Skin does heal but i think you need to give leave it alone. Use some eye firming creams that they sell to older ladies. Maybe that will help. Moisturize and be gentle to your eyes. Sounds like all the tape and poking and prodding will make your eye lid skin soft and saggy before you get old. IT's the same for rubbing your eyes a lot too, which is why they tell you not to...besides avoiding eye infections.

Guest iwillloveyouforeverjorge

STOP USING THE EYELID TAPE!

I ordered Pink Lady eyelid tapes a month ago and used them for two days and really liked the effect over Koji eyetalk, but after I took them off at the end of the day I noticed my eyelids were "softer and more fatty and droopy" ugh T_T The glue isn't any better either. Maybe 5 years ago when I had "scene" hair (I was 15 T_______T lol) and covered my left eye with bangs sometimes I would be lazy and just put on eyeglue for my visible right eye and it is 5 years later and my right eye is droopier than my left T_____________T

I just wouldn't use anything at all >_> And your eye looked pretty nice in the first pic. Just stick to falsies and eyeliner if you want the appearance of bigger eyes =O

Guest olivachan

Yes the eyelid tape does weird things to your eyes sometimes.

I had small - mid sized double eyelids and would sometimes use the eyelid tape to make them super big especially when I was going to put fake eyelashes in.

I started to realize that the day after I used the tape, my eyelid would be smaller than it was even naturally. So then if the next day I needed to go out I had to wear tape again and so on so on until I realized that my left eyelid fold (which I use tape on more) started to get smaller than my right eyelid fold, meaning that I kept putting tape on my left eyelid... causing this spiral where I realized that my eyelid tape was making my natural fold smaller! Sometimes I'd even wake up with one monolid and one double lid.

I think it's because my eye doesn't like the feel and swells up next day. Might have different effect on others.. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has this problems.

I haven't used eyelid tape for about 3 months now and my eyes have returned to their normal size (both the same size too :) ). I'd forgotten how big (not huge but still great) my actual natural double eyelid was because I'd kept taping it and making it smaller and relying on the tape.

So yes I should say stop using the tape, just go natural and your eyes will go back to the way they were.

Guest Elliephant

When I cry my right eyelid tends to form a new crease as well -- I naturally have double eyelids, but even after my eyes watering a little bit (especially while sleeping, no not crying in my sleep just watering from leaning on my face) my eyelids tend to crease differently. I've never used eyelid tape, but I'm usually able to play with my eyelid a little bit (try not to tug or pull at your eyelid too much though especially with tape)and my fold usually turns back normal.

Just this morning my right eye had this super huge fold :blink: and I was able to fix it by just kind of poking(?) my original crease back and trying really hard not to blink as much in one eye (sorry if that's weird.. or if I sound crazy) and my eyelid seemed to 'set' and stay normal again

I think your eyelids should return to normal, just don't mess with them too much (rubbing/tugging/poking, when you cry try not to rub your eyes too much, dabbing should keep your soft lids from making new folds) -- your eyelid should have an original crease somewhere so it shouldn't be too much of a problem!

Guest immaYORKIEEE.

i think the way i worded it was confusing or something

but i had monolids

and eyetape gave me doublelids

and after i cried three weeks ago

my eyelids changed and i started getting triplelids

so the before pictures werent before i used eyetape, they were before i cried that day. before my eyes changed :/

Guest strawberri59

First of all, don't touch your eye or use eyelid tape anymore.

The tape is not really going to help and is going to make your eyelid more saggy.

Rest lots, don't rub your eye, and hope that the swelling from crying will die down,

and your eyes might revert back to double eyelids.

Good luck, I've had a triple eyelid on my left eye for 3 years, so I doubt mine can be fixed.

How I miss double eyelids!! :(

Guest ForgottenReason

Crying causes me to have triple eyelids too, though I have double eyelids. Stop using the eyelid tape. For me, everytime I wake up with a triple eyelid, I instantly taut my eyelid (for a couple of minutes) and then leave my eye closed. It naturally fixes itself within an hour? This technique doesn't work for my friend who experienced triple eyelids though. But, good luck!

Guest immaYORKIEEE.

>< i have a habit of touching my eyes......but i will stop.....

its so distracting cuz i can feel my eyes revert to triple eyelids and then...

i keep trying to make them stay in class and stuff...

cuz it feels so weird....and yeah......it looks so...weird :(

The skin around your eye area is extremely delicate. There were a few times 2 years ago where my eyes would get very puffy and red from crying/sleeping on my face <_< , and the day after, I would get triple eyelids. The thing is though, most of the time they went away, although sometimes it took like a month before my eyelids reverted back to normal.

However I know of a friend who has had triple eyelids on one eye for two years already, despite her having natural double eyelids. Her skin was very irritated and dry, which I guess is the reason for her triple eyelids :(

I think because your double eyelids were due to using eyelid tape, they aren't really permanent i.e. genetic / eyelid surgery. Since the skin and fat above your eyes are quite delicate, something insignifant as having puffy eyes for a few hours after crying can change the crease.

Personally I think double eyelid tape is quite safe (contrary to what others may thing), as long as you dont wreck your skin by just peeling it off. For the time being though, make sure you REST and close your eyes as much as possible. Good luck!

first of all, stop using the eyelid tape. i had the same triple eyelid problem as you did, and since my uncle is a plastic surgeon, i asked him for advice. when he found out that i was considering eyelid tape, he said not to use it because your skin will sag as you age and that it's not good for your skin.

and as i said, i had (well, have) the same problem as you. for me, it happened around march last year. i have natural double eyelids, but i woke up one morning and one of my eyelids became a triple. i'd get more than three folds sometimes. i only got my double eyelid back this summer, but it went back to a semi-triple. but i found out over the summer that sleeping at least 6 hours brought my double eyelid back (during the school year, i get 3 - 4 hours of sleep).

when my eyes swell because of crying, i usually roll an egg over my eyelid. since the egg was in the refrigerator, it brought the swelling down and brought back the fold.

it takes time though. i had given up hope that i'd never get my double eyelid back and i eventually did. it'll come back, don't worry.

Guest immaYORKIEEE.

i try sleeping alot and today i slept well over 10 hours and it didn't work...

its like the skin above my original crease loosened or SOMETHING and formed their own crease......

Guest B L o T T - ii

i have double lids and when i cry my eyes get swollen and i get monolids...

it takes a few days for my eyelids to settle down and become natural again. So for your case, maybe give it a few more days? maybe they're still kinda swollen? Or try putting ice over your eyes... see if that helps =\

Guest yusrieee

I have triple eyelids too even though I never used an eyelid tape but I guess, it might be due to not sleeping enough. I've not been sleeping enough for the past 2 - 3 months and this is when I first experienced triple eyelids problem XD But as everyone suggested, give your peepers some rest and don't use the tape for sometime. :)

Guest CherryColors

Well... eyelid tape does kind of expand your eyelids.. so I have no idea if it's going to stay this way. Probably not, if you stop using that tape. :sweatingbullets:

But I have one lid double eyelids, and one triple eyelids, and I don't mind.. :P I got used to it.

Guest immaYORKIEEE.

but i barely use the tape..only sometimes~

and it was perfectly fine until i cried that one time.

my eyes completely changed after that.....and its already been almost a month -_-;

Guest jang_kyungmi

This happens to a lot of people LOLL , I think ?

My eyelids come and go , but after I cry , the next day , they'll be gone FOR SURE D: my dad is a pharmacist and he says it's totally normal. One of my friends who was born with double eyelids ... after she cried one night , she came to school and her double eyelids were GONE ! it was so weird , but they'll probably get better soon for you : D

From reading this, I guess this does happen to a lot of people--thought I was the only one. I have double eyelids, have never used eye tape, but I get tripe eyelids when I cry, don't get enough sleep or rub my eyes a lot. The longest it has lasted is about 3 days. I just try to leave it alone and sleep lots, and it goes back to normal. However, 3 weeks is a long time.. have you been getting enough sleep or messing with your eyes a lot?

Archived