Beginner guitar song to play for my boyfriend?

Guest aznch4mp

Guest aznch4mp

My 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend is coming up, and I'd really like to learn a song to play for him on my guitar. I know he'd love that so much.. I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys could give me!

I really have no idea how to play, so easy beginner-friendly songs would definitely be best.

Some songs that I was thinking of:

-Corrine Bailey Rae-Just Like A Star

-Switchfoot-Learning to Breathe

-Death Cab For Cutie-Title and Registration

And some artists that he really likes

(I'm not very familiar with any of them so I don't really know which ones would be good to learn):

-John Mayer

-Jack Johnson

-Matchbox 20

-Switchfoot

-Train

-Coldplay

Thank you!

Guest aznch4mp

i suggest u should play "CANON in D" :P

Second'd! What can be more romantic? It worked for that dude in My Sassy Girl!

Failing that, if a chick got out her guitar and belted out a Hendrix tune (no solo skipping either) I would be so impressed, I would insta-marry her.

Oh man guys, I don't think I could learn a song like that in a month! It's a beautiful song.. but damn there's just no way hahaha

if he likes John Mayer as much as I do

I think he'd love Comfortable, I could make a huge list of songs that I love from him but that would probably overwhelm you haha

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls is a good choice I also love Slide (they've got a lot of great songs)

Thanks for the suggestions! I really like Comfortable.. but the lyrics don't fit what I want to say you know? I wouldn't mind seeing that list of songs though ;)

Banana Pancakes!!

I was actually thinking of that too! Cept I'm worried my voice won't be able to go as low as Jack Johnson's does

Guest joannieos

I know, this may not be one of your boyf fav artists but

The only exception by paramore, is a great song and it's really easy to play too! You only need to learn a few chords, I've played it before :) if not then, I like yellow by coldplay, aw man if you know how to play the piano learn for you by coldplay...beautiful song!!

Archived