Tragus piercing with butterfly back.

Guest x stylejjang

Guest x stylejjang

Read before posting. thanks!
So i got my tragus piercing with a gun. yeah, i know its unsafe..

& people are gonna be like its so dangerous etc., etc. please dont.

I ALREADY KNOW!!

Anyways, so i got a regular stud with butterfly back.

I was wondering if i could change it to a barbell or CBR

or like a earring like butterfly back but smaller?

& when can i change the earring ? how long?

cuhs the butterfly back is like taking up the whole space so i cant put in earphones.

but is there like another kind earring so that i can use earphones?

(the ipod wide ones)

Guest nowayin

I hope you're also cleaning it with a salt solution or saline and not alcohol.

usually piercers recommend 2-3 months.. also ensure that the ear ring is not too tight around your tragus, there needs to be circulation for faster recovery.

unfortunately, taking out the earring when it is still fresh it definitely not advisable. First you will be in pain when you try to put another earring in and second you're risking an infection.

When it is healed, try going to a shop that specializes in piercings they have a lot more options with earrings.

also maybe avoid wearing earphone till it heals.

Guest i3izkit12

I have a friend that got her tragus pierced last year and I don't think changing the jewelry is going to give you enough room to put in earbuds. You'll have to get different earphones like ones that cover your whole ear or go over the top of them.

Also, putting in a new earring is going to be insanely hard when its still fresh. I had to do it for her everytime it had to be done and it wasn't easy for me either.

I had mine pierced with a gun, too. It was about 4 months ago. First of all, if you can't go to a good pierced to change the earring for you (get a ring, better material and more space in case it gets swollen). If you can't do that, DON'T try to change it yourself. Just leave it there, and if it gets swollen and red, just take it out as gently as you can. Also, don't twist it, use alcohol on it, generally leave it alone. There's a thread in this section on how to take proper care of it.

Personally, I was lucky enough not to have any problems whatsoever. I cleaned the area around the earring with a wet q-tip every morning and night, and that was it. I changed it out in two months...early, but it's healed by now. As for the earhpones, don't touch them for a while. You can switch to headphones or clip-on head phones.

EDIT: Right now I'm wearing exactly this and it's perfectly comfy to wear earphones.

Guest x stylejjang

I had mine pierced with a gun, too. It was about 4 months ago. First of all, if you can't go to a good pierced to change the earring for you (get a ring, better material and more space in case it gets swollen). If you can't do that, DON'T try to change it yourself. Just leave it there, and if it gets swollen and red, just take it out as gently as you can. Also, don't twist it, use alcohol on it, generally leave it alone. There's a thread in this section on how to take proper care of it.

Personally, I was lucky enough not to have any problems whatsoever. I cleaned the area around the earring with a wet q-tip every morning and night, and that was it. I changed it out in two months...early, but it's healed by now. As for the earhpones, don't touch them for a while. You can switch to headphones or clip-on head phones.

EDIT: Right now I'm wearing exactly this and it's perfectly comfy to wear earphones.

uhm did they pierce it with a regualar stud ? like the butterfly back the ones like for the lobes?

cuhs isnt the bar earring more bigger hole? so the hole is to small for the bar piercing?

& really ? what earphones are yu using?

Guest peppermintsugar

First page of the piercing thread tells you just about everything you need to know, and you should direct all piercing related questions to that thread for future reference.

Butterfly backs are actually terrible pieces of jewelry anyways, so I would recommend going to a real piercer and having him change the jewelry for you. You can pick out, buy, and have him put the jewelry in right there all in one trip.

There is already a topic on piercings. Click!

Don't use alcohol on your piercing. Do not twist it. You will need to wait until it's fully healed before you change it (about 6 months). Then you should go to a reputable piercer (aka a place that doesn't use guns) and they can probably help you change your piercings. There is a type of bar that has a flat back to wear with in-ear headphones. If you pierced it properly you could've gotten that type of earring the first place but because you got it done with a gun you'll have to wait until it is fully healed.

Just curious but why did you pierce your tragus with a gun if you already knew the repercussions from it?

Guest forgottenmemories

Barbells for tragus are usually a size 14 (I'm assuming so because mine's a 14 and so are a couple other friends of mine), since you got it pierced with a gun, the size of your tragus is about 16-18.

Unless you wanna gauge your ear while it's healing... I don't think that's going to work out too well.

Why did you pierce it with a gun in the first place? You could've easily shatter the cartilage in your tragus with a gun.

Don't use alcohol, go out and buy H2Ocean spray to clean it. Avoid in-ear headphones at all cost, unless you want to irritate your piercing and have it heal crooked.

Guest L.Charms

I currently have my tragus pierced also (it's been a good year), and I am wearing a labret stud. It has a flat back so it's great for music-listeners like myself. Of course, don't change the jewelry until a good three months or so later, as previously mentioned by everyone else. You don't have to go out any buy H20cean; just make your own saline soaks. Good luck![=

Guest x stylejjang

So my ear the piercing hole is 16-18 ?

is that big ? o.o

so for labrets yu could listen to music ? cool!

but can i use like the wide earphones? (reg ipods kinds)

Guest peppermintsugar

So my ear the piercing hole is 16-18 ?

is that big ? o.o

so for labrets yu could listen to music ? cool!

but can i use like the wide earphones? (reg ipods kinds)

I don't actually think that sizing is correct.

Gun sizing is standard and small, probably closer to an 18-20g, like a basic earring size (which is ANOTHER reason why gun piercings for cartilage is terrible, it needs to be bigger than that).

16g is standard size for say, a septum piercing, and gun sizing is much smaller than that. The smaller the number, the bigger the hole, so 18-20 is a small puncture (bad).

You could probably find 20g labret for your piercing, but you shouldn't change it yourself, you should go to a professional who can do it in a sterile environment.

^Haha, wow. Lots of intense advice. I'm not actually recommending you do this, but I never had a problem with headphones/earbuds and used them even a few hours after having mine pierced. I also switched the earring after a few weeks and other than needing a friend to screw it in (I couldn't see the backing) it was fine. I probably don't clean it as often as recommended either... I would really just say don't let it get infected and don't do anything that causes pain. xD

Guest x stylejjang

^Haha, wow. Lots of intense advice. I'm not actually recommending you do this, but I never had a problem with headphones/earbuds and used them even a few hours after having mine pierced. I also switched the earring after a few weeks and other than needing a friend to screw it in (I couldn't see the backing) it was fine. I probably don't clean it as often as recommended either... I would really just say don't let it get infected and don't do anything that causes pain. xD

what kind of earring do yu have ?

Guest chimerical.

Haha. I changed my earring the same day I got it pierced w/ a gun. Anyways, I have a butterfly backing so I can't really say anything about the other types. You can take a risk and change it if you want. Mines didn't get infected.

Guest misscupcake

IMG_1934.png

I was recommended to change my piercing at least 3 mo. after, so like the others said just wait. I currently use a flat back and the Apple iPhone headphones (same as the regular ones I think) and I can listen to music no problem. sometimes it falls off cause of the piercing. I can't really use my noise reducing ones right now bc of the piercing. it's difficult.

Archived