What to do? Should i talk to him first or wait for him to talk first?

Guest crazy_gurl

Guest crazy_gurl

There's a guy i really like (teen crush and blush thing) and his name is Troy. He's in my tuition classes. He's a loner type, mostly alone with very few friends. he doesn't talk much and have over attitude. Not attitude you can all it arrogance. We have never spoken to each other face to face but we talked 2-3 times on Face Book.

Troy was one of my friend's class mate so i asked my friend to bring some of his information. I don't know insight stuff but i guess my friend messed up and Troy came to know that i was secretly asking for his informations.

He got mad at me and asked what the fu*k i was talking about (we were talking on FB). From then i decided to not to talk to him bcoz he was really mean and didn't have any manners on how to talk with girls.

From then i started to ignore him. Even at classes i didn't steal glances at him.I totaly ignored him. But after 2 weeks later i got his message on FB that "Hey why aren't you talking to me?". I replied "oh sorry i thought that you were angry at me or something." (i really wanted to give back rude answer but i didn't have guts to, so i just said sorry and gave polite reply.) then he answered back "no, i'm not" from then i again started to get feelings for him.

But after that we never messaged each other. We keep glancing at each other at tuitions but not more then 2-3 seconds. He comes online and sits idle but never IM me. Even i feel uncomfortable messaging him first now. What if he didn't like it? I really wanna talk to him but i want him to message first.

Because the time when we talked (when he came to know that i was asking for his info) he was really rude to me. It feels like if i message him first then all i'll do is feed his ego. But then i think that practically, he messaged me first asking me that why wasn't i talking to him. right?

I really wanna talk to him and i guess even he wants to talk but both of ours' ego are coming in between. What should i do? Should i IM him first? Is it the right thing to do? Or should i still wait for him to IM me first?

Please help me getting the right solution to this.

Guest dodici

This is why I think technology sometimes ruins people's brains. -.- How about instead of IMing him you TALK to him face to face. You want to get to know him through a computer? It's better to look at him and talk with him beside you, don't you think? You want to get to know him right, so rather than going through other people, I say go to lunch or dinner with friends [like that friend you have that is friends with him] and have a casual get together. So be the bigger, better person and just talk ^^ Hope it works out for you two~

Guest j-yang

^^ Ditto.

How YOUNG are you two?!

People are very different online than they are in real life. If you like/want to talk to him, just go to him during some free time during class and strike up conversation. And then ask to hang out with him. It doesn't have to be one on one, do a big group thing if you want.

Make the first move if you want something to happen. Nothing comes to those who just sit around and wait. :rolleyes:

Guest lienlee

Man up. sometimes you gotta take things in your own hands. Like j-yang said. nothing comes to those who just sit around and wait. If you want to talk to him then just god damn do it lol why are you fussing about..who should IM first/talk first.

He might have felt bad after being mean to you, thus asking why you weren't talking to him. Just...I dunno, since you say that he's not the talkative type, I really think you should approach him in some way in real life and chit chat. That way, you can use gestures/smile/show enthusiasm/eye contact that you normally can't do in an online convo. And...hey, wear foundation in case you blush a lot! :phew: Kidding! Good Luck.

Guest musicsmylife

LOL hahhaa that happened alot between my boyfriend and me. I would wait, he would wait, then we would both be sad. I mean we see each other and talk to each other during classes and stuff but when were online we have way too much pride to im the other one up. so then he ends up giving in anyway by around night time ...so yea you should im him up cuz who knows maybe he was waiting for you. you should definitely talk to him in person too because i find it pointless to have online conversations with a person when you cant handle a conversation in person.

Archived