Jung Suk Won 정석원

jeeji

upcpmig [Drama: Dr. Champ] [Movie: The Beast]

PP09060200099.jpg

Name: 정석원 / Jung Suk Won (Jeong Seok Won)

Profession: Model and actor

Birthdate: 1985-May-16

Birthplace: Incheon, South Korea

Height: 185cm

Weight: 75kg

Star sign: Taurus

Blood type: B

Family: Parents, elder sister, and younger brother

Dramas

Dr. Champ (SBS, 2010)

High Kick Through The Roof (MBC, 2010) cameo

Creating Destiny (MBC, 2009)

Shining Inheritance (SBS, 2009)

The World That They Live In (KBS2, 2008)

Fight (TVN, 2008)

Working Mom (SBS, 2008)

Aquarius (SBS, 2008)

Kokkiri (MBC, 2008)

Dae Wang Sejong (KBS2, 2008)

Belle (KBS1, 2007)

Movies

The_Beast-p1.jpg

The Beast (2010)

The Divine Weapon (2008)

Public Enemy Returns (2008)

Fate/Destiny (2007)

PP09060200108.jpg

PP09060200107.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest f0reveralways

i never paid too much attention to him when i first saw him in Creating Destiny. but then i started watching Dr. Champ recently.. and wow. ahhaha :wub:

34414125.jpg

58248052.jpg

15450434.jpg

94952961.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

He barely registered with me in Brilliant Legacy. I just referred to him as 'Hwan's Buddy' but he was SO great in Doctor Champ. Sangbong was truly one of the highlights of the drama, perhaps even more than some of the main characters. I really enjoyed his story from the beginning to the end, I felt he should've played a bigger role toward the end, but it was all good. I loved his friendship with Jung Kyeowon's character, and am hoping for a bright future for him in the industry!

December 6, 2010

Marine deaths hit a nerve for Jeong Seok-won

Actor served until 2007 as sergeant with special reconnaissance unit

By Yuh Ah-jeong [jason@joongang.co.kr] joongangdaily.com

06111430.jpg

Actor Jeong Won-seok had a busy year. Aside from appearing on television dramas, he will also be in two films

set for release in 2011. By Lee Ho-young

Actor and ex-marine Jeong Seok-won attended the funeral service honoring fallen Marine Corps soldiers who were killed in the North Korean shelling of Yeonpyeong Island in the Yellow Sea.

Among the hundreds of government and military officials, religious leaders and civilians in attendance at the service for Sgt. Seo Jeong-woo and Pvt. Moon Kwang-wook were entertainers who served with the ROK Marine Corps. Lee Jung and Choi Phillip were just two of the notable former Marines in attendance at a military hospital in Seongnam, Gyeonggi.

Jeong visited the wake on Nov. 24 and was in attendance at the funeral service on Nov. 27. He was a sergeant with the ROK Marine Corps Special Recon until April 2007.

The 25-year-old vented his anger over the Yeonpyeong Island incident on his Twitter and personal Web pages on Nov. 24.

“I was overcome with anger that day,” Jeong said. “But I stopped from uploading more text on the Web because some might get the wrong idea that I was using the incident to promote myself to the public. That’s why I attended the wake and service quietly, without getting noticed by cameramen and photographers. But even that didn’t work out the way I intended.”

Jeong was part of an elite special reconnaissance team with the Marine Corps, widely known as the toughest branch of the Korean military. “My dream was to become a stunt coordinator specializing in martial arts,” said Jeong. “I thought I could learn a lot by volunteering for the Marine Corps. Once I got in, I was told that they had a special reconnaissance team, but that candidates had to go through a series of tough physical tests. I was told only the very best, or 0.3 percent of the candidates, made the final cut.

“I passed the tests and ended up learning a lot. I was trained in scuba diving, parachuting and to go an entire week without sleeping. We even marched from Daegwallyeong, Gangwon to Pohang, North Gyeongsang over 14 consecutive days.”

As planned, Jeong initially got into stunt work after completing his military service, but came across acting jobs.

“Once I got my foot in the door, I came across several opportunities,” Jeong said. “I started off with the thought that I could benefit from doing stunt work as well as acting.”

Jeong most recently appeared in a television drama called “Dr. Champ,” a story about the national judo team and the medical staff at the National Training Center in Northern Seoul. Jeong appeared in the drama as a star athlete.

“I was really drawn to the role,” Jeong said. “It was a feel good story and appropriately enough, the actors and staff on set were made up of really nice people. “It was also a meaningful experience from the standpoint that the director trusted me enough and allowed me to experiment with the role. I also became really close with the national judo team members.”

Jeong was also cast in two films this year, one romance - set for release in February - and one action flick (“The Beast”) that is set for release in May. “It was really tough to juggle both schedules, but now that it’s all done, I’m really happy about the results,” said Jeong.

He said he slept three hours a day over the past three months. Filming The Beast was especially tough, he said. “Since I went to a sports university and also served in the Marine Corps, I might be in better physical shape than other actors, but it’s always tough to handle such busy schedule,” he said.

Jeong hopes to continue to put his strong work ethic to good use in making films.

“I haven’t been cast in any other films or dramas at this point, but whatever offer I get, I want to put everything I have into it,” said Jeong. “I was told by veteran actor Kim Jung-nam that actors need to soak in other experiences, even when not involved in acting. That’s why I try to read as much I can these days. I also watch a lot of films.”

Jung Seok-won’s new movie and photo shoot

jungseokwon3.jpg

The real romance in Dr. Champ wasn’t a romance at all; it was a bromance, between the adorable pair of Olympic judo athletes, Ji-heon and Sang-bong, lifetime rivals and bestest friends. It probably didn’t hurt that they were also rivals in the hotness department, as is um…clearly evident. Jung Seok-won, former Seoul Action School stuntman and bit player is moving up in the world, with a photo spread and a new film due out next year.

The photo above makes me involuntarily fluttery. Also, I want that jacket. If he happened to come with said jacket, I wouldn’t complain. Just, you know, in case you were wondering what to get me for Christmas.

The sweater he’s wrestling below I don’t love as much, mostly because it’s being a big tease. That or it’s trying to eat him alive. Either way, I am firmly against it. The outfit below, on the other hand? Now that’s a man rockin’ skinny jeans. I mean, who knew?

jungseokwon4.jpg

jungseokwon5.jpg

His latest project is the action film The Beast, aptly named since Jung is the picture-perfect example of the beast-man trend. I would love it if that trend died down, not because I have anything against abs (hellooo), but because of that horrible moniker. It’s the one instance where the Korean connotation is worse than the English, when it’s usually the other way around.

The Beast features Jung in the lead role, and as a former stuntman, he’s doing 100% of the stunts for this film himself. The crew has taken to calling him “Ong Bak” on set, in reference to the eponymous film’s Thai action hero. Jung plays a special forces agent who goes up against a shady organization when they kidnap his younger sister. Cue: Rescue Mission with a Vengeance. If the posters are any indication, it’ll be beautifully shot and bloody. The good news is that Jung looks genuinely intense. He’s been getting better with every role, but this’ll be his first big one, so we’ll have to see if he can carry a film on his own. My sense is, his choice to break into leading actor territory in an action role is pitch perfect for him.

Jung showed a desire to play a diverse range of roles, saying, “I want to play a bum, a gangster, a cheapskate, a country bumpkin, an elitist, a villain…I want to try everything. I want to reinvent the image of Jung Seok-won that everyone has, saying, ‘I have this side of me too.’”

The Beast, directed by Hwang Yoo-shik and co-starring Jeon Se-hong, Jung Jun-hwan, Yoon Jung-yul, and Yoon Bong-gil, is slated to premiere next spring.

thebeast2x.jpg

thebeast3.jpg

Via Joongang.co.krDaum/Dramabeans

Jeeji thanx for the pix, he looks "beautiful" haha

he's been doing a lot of interviews lately & with each interview there's pix haha im so glad haha *fangirling again*

the first pic is the same one he's using in his cyworld ^^ he uploaded some pix from Dream Team, OMO i need to check his appearance in DT rolleyes.gif didnt knew he was there tears.gif

20101209191819676e71920.jpg

20101209180533632e71812.jpg

20101204083644302e70858.jpg

20101204083715303e70905.jpg

20101204083715303e70905.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mmmm i noticed i dodnt posted any updates or pix from Sukie's twitter ^^ he started tweeting on the 18th October 2010 ^^

18/10/201018102010y.jpg

19/10/2010

19102010o.jpg

191020102.jpg

191020101.jpg

20/10/2010

201020102.jpg

20102010k.jpg

201020101.jpg

21/10/2010

21102010w.jpg

22/10/2010

22102010.jpg

24/10/2010

24102010.jpg

241020101.jpg

29/10/2010

29102010h.jpg

05/11/2010

05112010s.jpg

11/11/2010

11112010.jpg

13/11/2010

13112010.jpg

131120101.jpg

15/11/2010

15112010.jpg

07/12/2010

07122010h.jpg

need to go, will updates this post later & add more Sukie's tweets ^^

• 1 month later...

Sukie  will be the lead in a new drama to air in mid july, it's an MBC weekend drama following "Can You Hear my Heart", . .oh so happy for our sukkie, at last he'll be a male lead ^^

According to his agancy, he got a lot of offers after he starred in "Midas"  as bodyguard .. the new  character will be much different from the ones he already played ^^

667817C11052606.jpg

Archived