♡ G.NA (최지나) Official Thread

baosizzle

110430 G.NA will be in LA for the 9th Annual KMF!

topbannero.jpg

quote2py.jpg

rules2.jpg

rulesline2.jpg

All
apply.

As well as all

Don't bash. It's not nice and no one appreciates it.

Don't post DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKS! It's just part of the soompi rules.

Spamming is not allowed! So try to post related things.

Stay on topic! This is a thread devoted to G.NA...so let's keep everything G.NA related.

If you'd like more specific rules, click on the link in Rule #2.

profile2v.jpg

profileline2.jpg

Name:
G.NA - Choi Gina (최지나)

Birthday:
1987 September 13

Height:
168cm

Weight:
47kg

Blood type:
O

Education:
Fraser Heights Secondary School

Debut:
2010 Digital Single Album [What I'd Do Once I Have a Lover]

Label:
CUBE Entertainment

Official Website:

Fan Cafe:

International Fan Forums:
&&

Twitter:

CREDIT:
(source) & joonda.@
(trans)

about2t.jpg

aboutline2.jpg

G.NA’s debut timeline

★ 2005:
Joins the reality entertainment audition show Let’s Coke PLAY Battle Shinhwa in Korea, becomes one of the finalists.

→ She is later signed by Good Entertainment together with Secret’s Jeon Hyosung.

→ Gina trains for a year, and is grouped with four other girls (Hyosung, Yubin, UEE and Yang Jiwon) to prepare for a debut.

★ 2007:

→ Part of their training held in Saipan is documented and aired on MTV’s The Diary of Five Girls.

→ Gina is the oldest in the group and is supposed to be the leader. Hyosung, whom Gina has known the longest, is their magnae.

→ Due to Good Entertainment’s financial difficulties, the Five Girls’ debut is cancelled, and their group disbanded.

→ Gina goes back home to Canada after this.

→ Gina passes the entrance examinations at the British Columbia Institute of Technology, and her parents thought it was best for her to pursue a media degree.

* Yubin is sent by Good Entertainment to JYPE as a replacement for Wonder Girls’ Hyuna in September 2007.

→ Gina receives a call from Hong Seungsung, a JYPE executive (who later starts CUBE Entertainment), who encouraged her to return to training.

★ November 2007:
Gina is accepted into JYPE and starts training in New York, where Lee Minyoung aka MIN (who later becomes a member of miss A) is her roommate.

★ sometime in 2007/2008:
Gina and Eric Mun from Shinhwa shot an advertisement together for Coca Cola Zero

★ April 2008:
Gina undergoes surgery to remove a knot on her vocal cords.

★ May 2008:
Gina returns to Korea to continue her training

★ September 2008:
2PM’s “10 Points Out of 10” MV is released, featuring Gina as the main girl, and Yubin with a cameo at the end of the video.

★ Late 2008:
Hong Seungsung leaves JYPE to start his own company, CUBE Entertainment. Gina decides to follow President Hong to his new company.

→ Rumors spread that Gina, Hyuna, and longtime JYPE trainee Jang Seohee are debuting as a group called 4Minute.

* Summer 2009:
4Minute debuts with Hyuna and 4 other girls, but not with Gina and Seohee.

- 4Minute writes messages to Gina on the Thanks To page of their “For Muzik” album.

* October 2009:
MTV B2ST is aired on MTV Chuseok Special, and Gina can be seen for a few seconds in the first episode.

BEAST debuts, and writes messages to Gina on the Thanks To page of their “BEAST is the BEST” album.

* December 2009:
Gina can be seen during Jihyun's surprise birthday party in the 6th episode of "24 Hours of 4Minute".

★ January 2010:
News of Gina’s summer debut is released by CUBE Entertainment

* January 5, 2010:
Gina takes part in CUBE Stars Party and performs JoJo’s song “Leave”.

* January-March 2010:
Gina works as a backup dancer for 4Minute Hyuna’s single “Change”. She can be seen in the MV and took part in all of “Change” performances on television.

* February to June 2010:
Gina could be seen updating her Cyworld with messages like “Waiting…” and “A couple more months!”, confirming that she is preparing for her debut.

* June 2010:
Gina makes a cameo with the rest of her Cube family in 4Minute’s music video for “HuH”.

★ July 2010:
This month marks her debut as the solo singer G.NA with the release of her duet song “What I Want To Do When I Have A Lover” with Rain (initially released as a digital single).

In the following days, her album details and jacket photos are released, as well as teaser videos for her debut track “I’ll Back Off So You Can Live Better” (which features Yong Junhyung of BEAST).

★ July 14, 2010:
Her MV “I’ll Back Off So You Can Live Better” is released, with BEAST’s Yoon Doojoon playing the part of her boyfriend.

★ July 15, 2010:
G.NA finally debuts onstage with “I’ll Back Off So You Can Live Better” on MNET’s M Countdown. Her first mini album “Draw G’s First Breath” is also released.

Incidentally, Gina started her dream with MNET, the channel that originally aired Let’s Coke PLAY Battle Shinhwa.

credit:
f
u
ckyeahg-na.tumblr.com, article by Rix (sunye.tumblr.com / ianinna @ RoyalGNA forums)

discography2b.jpg

discoline2.jpg

iwluh4.jpg

Digital Single

Released: July 5, 2010

01. 애인이 생기면 하고 싶은 일 (With 비)

amed54.jpg

Album Name: Draw G's First Breath

Released: July 13, 2010

01. 꺼져 줄게 잘 살아 (Feat. 용준형 of 비스트)

02. 애인이 생기면 하고 싶은 일 (With 비)

03. Supa Solo (Feat. Swings)

04. Loving You

05. 소문났어요

coversne.jpg

Digital Single: Together Forever Vol. 1 [with Hyuna of 4Minute]

Released: November 10, 2010

01. Say You Love Me

02. Say You Love Me (Vicc Beat)

03. Say You Love Me (Confession)

04. Say You Love Me (Confession) (Inst.)

cover2nf.jpg

Digital Release

Released: January 1, 2011

01. 처음 뵙겠습니다 (with 휘성)

cover3o.jpg

Album Name: Black & White - 1st Full Album

Released: January 18, 2011

01. Black & White

02. 이제 그만 화 풀어요 [with 준범, 현규, 현석]

03. 처음 뵙겠습니다 [with Wheesung]

04. 벌써 보고 싶어

05. 첫눈에 한눈에 [feat. Verbal Jint]

06. 꺼져 줄게 잘 살아 [feat. JunHyung]

07. 애인이 생기면 하고 싶은 일 [with Rain]

08. Supa Solo [feat. Swings]

09. Loving You

10. 소문났어요

☆ OSTs & Special Featurings

ratbpy.jpg

Playful Kiss OST Part.1

Released: September 1, 2010

01. 키스해줄

2h2kwop.jpg

Let's Go (G20 Seoul Summit)

Released: October 15, 2010

01. Let's Go (Korean Ver.)

02. Let's Go (English Ver.)

03. Let's Go (Inst.)

cover4h.jpg

G20 Road for Hope - Gift

Released: November 5, 2010

01. 선물

cover5e.jpg

Go Easy 0.5 - Verbal Jint's mini-album

Released: December 6, 2010

01. Promise Promise

gnacover.jpg

Fukuyama Masaharu Remake

Released: March 17, 2011

01. Milk Tea

musicvid2.jpg

mvline2.jpg

(click the pictures to watch!)

ibosyclmv.jpg
letsgomv.jpg

giftmv.jpg
lovememv.jpg

promisemv.jpg
bawmv.jpg

awards2s.jpg

awardsline2.jpg

☆ August 2010 || Cyworld Digital Music Award - Rookie of the Month: 애인이 생기면 하고 싶은 일 (With 비)

★ August 12, 2010 || Mnet M!Countdown #1: 꺼져 줄게 잘 살아 (I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better)

☆ December 15, 2010 || 18th Korean Culture Entertainment Awards - New Generation Popular Music Teen Singer Award

★ February 9, 2011 || 2010 Gaon Chart Closing Awards Ceremony - 1st Place in the Rookie Category

☆ February 17, 2011 || Mnet M!Countdown #1: Black & White

★ February 24, 2011 || Mnet M!Countdown #1: Black & White

☆ February 25, 2011 || KBS Music Bank #1: Black & White

★ February 27, 2011 || SBS Inkigayo Mutizen Song: Black & White

schedule2o.jpg

scheduleline2.jpg

UPDATED: April 5, 2011

CREDIT:

Monday, April 4, 2011

* ~~~

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

* [RECORDING] KBS National Heroes

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

* [RECORDING] MBC SectionTV Entertainment Interview

Thursday, April 7, 2011

* [OTHER] Advertisement Shooting

Friday, April 8, 2011

* ~~~

Saturday, April 9, 2011

* [PERF] Starcraft League Final Celebration - 6:50PM KST

* [OTHER] Doosan Baseball Opening Pitch

Sunday, April 10, 2011

* ~~~

events2.jpg

eventsline2.jpg

G.NA will be attending the 9th Annual Korean Music Festival!

ginakmf.jpg

G.NA will be gracing the stage at the Hollywood Bowl this April 30th for the 9th Annual Korean Music Festival held in Los Angeles, California! Standing with her on this very special stage will be fellow label-mate, 4minute! Performing along with them will also be DJ DOC, SISTAR, Sul Woon Do, Lee Eun Ha, U-KISS, Kim Jang Hoon, K.Will, Jeong Soo Ra, Baek Ji Young, and Jay Park! There's still one last batch of artists that have yet to be announced so stay tuned!

The Korean Music Festival's key element of success is a result of the all-star casting of the artists whose fan base virtually covers all generations. In close cooperation with its broadcasting partners in Korea, the Korea Times has been able to invite artists that are reflective of all generations. The Korean Music Festival's patrons will enjoy the best ensemble of contemporary Korean music from traditional trot singers to teenage idol groups along with spectacular fireworks.

The Korean Music Festival provides a night of harmony that is often difficult to achieve among generations. It is the perfect night to bring the family together for a night that the whole family can enjoy.

For more information about the Korean Music Festival, visit their official website:

There's also a thread here on soompi that can help you out:

Also, if any of you who are planning on attending want to plan something special for G.NA's first visit to LA, international forum
is currently in the midst of a project for her! Check it out here:

And on the note of fan forums, Koreaboo is also hosting a Korean Hollywood Bowl Meet-up where fans get together and simply enjoy each other's company. Many different fan forums are participating in the event, including Royal G.NA! Space is limited so RSVP as soon as possible! To RSVP and for more information, visit their official facebook page:

quote4v.jpg

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest emilyXx

just finished listening to her songs!!

i loveee her!! ^^

she has an amazing voice & she has the looks!<3 :P

i think that she's the best new artist since 2NE1, just my opinion.

wish her luck in the music industry!!!

Guest iAmTan_1

Finally someone opens a thread on this extremely talented-beautiful artist.  She has an amazing voice!  I'm looking forward to her mini album.

Guest lizramyun

DO NOT TAKE OUT WITHOUT FULL CREDITS

Top stars Rain, BEAST, Wheesung have come together for 'Huge Rookie' G.NA's debut

2010071410102010021.jpg

Top stars have gathered for the 'huge rookie' G.NA's debut.

On July 14th, G.NA's debut album's title track 'I'll back off so you can live (feat. Yong JunHyung)' was released. As though to confirm the hot interest surrounding G.NA even before her debut, as soon as 'I'll back off so you can live (feat. Yong JunHyung)' was released, it shot to first place on search engines.

G.NA had already gained a lot of interest for her duet song with 'world star' Rain, and she seems to be planning to solidify her break into the industry.

The title track 'I'll back off so you can live (feat. Yong JunHyung)' was composed by Kim DoHoon and written by Wheesung, and it has been praised for having a great melody paired with her charming voice.

The song was finished off with BEAST's Yong JunHyung, who made a featuring in the track and has been accepted as having great rap-making skills.

G.NA's debut album 'Draw G's First Breath' is the most-anticipated female solo act, and as such, the line-up for the production was something else. Kim DoHoon, ShinSaDong Tiger, Jung JiChan, Kang JiWon, and other great staff participated in her album, and the tracks they have created have been receiving praise.

Her music video for 'I'll back off so you can live (feat. Yong JunHyung)', in which she and 'boyfriend-dol' Yoon DooJoon appear like a real couple with romantic scenes, also has been gaining hot attention on the internet after its release. The reaction has been that the emotional acting displayed in the video of G.NA and Yoon DooJoon's love and goodbye, along with her sad voice, made the atmosphere of the song come alive.

In the music video, G.NA's boyish and sexy charms were displayed as well as her dancing skills. The anticipation for her first performance this week has been growing.

Credits: Newsen(SOURCE); ilovepocky@B2ST RISING(TRANS)

Guest Aeternium
Guest lizramyun

tomorrow at mcoutdown... haha i didnt want that her fist stage was there..

but well i hope she can do a good job hehe :)

Guest MEIYEE

There's a mistake in her profile. The girl in B2st's Shock MV is NOT Gina Choi! It's another girl.

But yeah. Can't wait for her debut performance. I love her song!

I'm just praying that Mnet doesn't eff up her debut with their awesome (lol) sound system and mics >_<

Guest spicequ

I Cannot Wait For her Debut Stage i Hope it will be just as Amazing as her Song Because this is in the Top 3 Songs for me this year its just beautiful like her and her entire album. Hope she won't Disappoint

:)

Here's a Pre-Debut pic :)

11hv3f7.jpg

(JEALOUS)

Oh yay! there's a thread for her!

I was trying to come on soompi to find her thread, but soompi was down...

but glad it's back!

Anyways, Gina is one talented girl and she's really pretty :D

though I prefer her with darker hair, but I am loving her mini album! <3

Guest lilsacredangel

I'm really LOVING her new song... I think she's going to be awesome. I can tell that she's been working hard... I wanna see her perform it live!!!

Guest flyaway.

Her voice is wonderful. I love her whole mini album; which, I would say, is pretty amazing since I would usually find a song or two where I wouldn't like off of other albums.

Awaiting her debut performance. (:

Wow! Finally she debut!!

I used to watch her on Battle Shinhwa and I'm really waiting for her debut since then. Thankfully, she made her debut this year. Must have been tough for her, but she nailed it! Her debut song is powerful, I used to remember solo artists from the past. She has real talent - singing and dancing.

I can't wait for her debut performance. I hope the live performance is better! I am keeping my fingers crossed for that :D

Good luck, Gina!! Fighting!!

Guest MaryKLove

OMG I LOVE HER! Thanks for open this thread!!

I was waiting for her solo debut since forever XD

I love her mini album <3 I'm proud of her <3

To me, she's the Rookie of the year U_U

other pre debut pics

ginas.jpg

ginachoi20100705.jpg

rkx45f.jpg

with Five Girls <3

20100628gina1460x330.jpg

100601fivegirlsleaderss.jpg

1l1250316230.jpg

20080726124301484331254.jpg

withgina2830.jpg

ginachoi.jpg

1937755701m.jpg

cy28884.jpg

346219307l.jpg

z85996692.jpg

gina9.jpg

sara3527391.jpg

v44003111189.jpg

she was even a back-up dancer for Hyuna <3 during her Change days Gina was pretty famous for her chest.. LOL XD

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4711/ygv9xkx.jpg

okay.. i LOVE her <3

Archived