Jo Hyun Jae 조현재//ジョー·ヒョンジェ/赵显

prissymom

Slide1.jpg

Brief Background:

1998: JHJ first emerged on the Korean entertainment scene as a member of the boy band Guardian and appeared three times on CATV. Due to problems with the production company, the group disbanded soon after they released their first album. 

2000: JHJ was discovered by talent scouts while practising in a boxing arena. He first appeared in a drinks commercial and then in a chewing gum commercial. After that commercial aired, his looks and deportment became the talk of the town. This resulted in his landing the role in Episode 75 of “KAIST”. 

Unfortunately the reviews were unfavourable, so JHJ was relegated to a supporting role and disappeared altogether after two episodes. He was not adequately prepared, acting for the first time and with no experience, and the script was receieved only a few days before shooting.

JHJ admitted his own inadequacy but refused to give up. In the following year, he practised acting and tried to learn from other actors. He passed the qualifying exam and enrolled in the Drama Department of Myonji University the following year and became a pupil of Professor Jan Mihie.

Summer of 2001: JHJ played the youngest son Zondu in “Father and Sons”. For the first time he was mentioned as a newcomer under the name LEE Hyun Jae. After this drama aired, he gained his first fans and his first fan website was established in Korea. (http://cafe.daum.net/hyunjaelove)

2001: JHJ played the part of Ihyonje in “That’s Good”, the drama that was considered the stepping stone for young actors. It was a considerable role, played for laughs. JHJ felt uncomfortable, like wearing someone else’s clothes. He decided to seriously learn acting skills. He was in the first 66 episodes of “That’s Good” (out of 74.)

2002: Then JHJ appeared for a few seconds in an unimportant role as an art teacher in the SBS Mid-Autumn special “Golden Pond.”

2003: Jo Hyun-Jae got the opportunity to act in “Great Ambition” (Dae Mang) and began playing the minor role of the Crown Prince. For the first time he used his own name Jo Hyun-Jae.
JHJ saw this as a chance in a lifetime and gave his best under the director’s guidance, creating the memorable Crown Prince. He received such praise as a newcomer who does not look like a newcomer. In the cast, the Crown Prince is not an important role.
When the drama started, there were lots of enquiries about him. For the first time, people were paying attention to him. Because of this, his role was expanded. Instead of being killed off early, he became the companion of the lead character and ended up coming into his own as the king.
After the failure of KAIST, JHJ tried harder and finally succeeded in making an unimportant role more important. His Crown Prince gained him many fans, even in Japan. That was when he first broke into the Japanese market. He also got the chance to act in other dramas.
The director and scriptwriter of “Love Letter” decided to use JHJ. He became the lead actor three years after his first appearance in a TV drama. Later he was handpicked by the director of “Seo Dong Yo” to star in the 55-episode historical drama, the first time such a young actor was elevated to such a role.
“Great Ambition” is the turning point for JHJ as an actor and the first time he used his own name. In an interview in Japan, he also said “Great Ambition” was the turning point in his career.
JHJ is quiet by temperament, but he wants to be an actor, so he follows his dream and gives his all. He is not a very emotional person, so it is difficult for him to cry, but his beautiful tears and angelic smile light up every drama. He is improving under the camera all the time. He can move people with his clear, luminous eyes. He is born to be an actor: he refuses to succumb to frustrations and does not falter under difficult circumstances. He performs each and every role with sincerity and verve.
His straightforward character is revealed in an interview at the premiere of “Untold Scandal” (2003): “I only got the script a few days before shooting of “KAIST”, [that's why I didn't do too well.] I took a year off and learnt to act, to grow up. How do I act by myself? It’s a secret. When I’m acting, I don’t think about anything outside of my role. Compared to the name of Jo Hyun-Jae, I’d rather my fans remember me through my characters’ names.”
JHJ is not content to be confined to his roles; he always gives his best to every role. His future is something to look forward to.

(Adapted from CarpeDiemJapan, translated to English by wuliJHJ)

2008 - JHJ enlisted for mandatory military service in the Korean Army on August 5, 2008

2010 - JHJ was given honorable discharge on June 19, 2010.  

2011 - JHJ's comeback project after military service, 49 Days (March-May 2011), aired.  His portrayal of his Han Kang character in 49 Days earned him praise and many fans not only at home but in different parts of the world as well (i.e. North America, Europe, Middle East, many parts of Asia).  

In August 2011 he flew to China to film his first Chinese drama, KING ROUGE (KR).  He finished filming KR and returned to SKorea in November 2011, only to return to China on December 1, 2011 to film his second Chinese drama, YOUNG STORM.

2012 - He finished filming his second Chinese drama and returned to South Korea.  On March 30 JHJ left his management agency, Star N Hit, to join Storm S (the management company owned by actor Song Seung Hun).

Dramas:

King’s Daugther, Soo Baek Hyang
MBC, September 30, 2013
Plays the role of Crown Prince Myeong Nong (later to become King Seong, the 26th King of Baekje)
Posts about this drama can be found beginning on page 265 of this thread.  
You can also visit my website: 
http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/  and this category in particular: http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/category/drama-kings-daughter/ for updates on "KIng's Daughter"

King Rouge/Rouge Overlord/Rouge Hegemon
(Chinese drama, HSTV, February 23, 2013)
Played the role of Young Master Xiao Wu Kui
JHJ filmed “King Rouge” from August 5, 2011 to November 19, 2011 in Mainland China

Advertising Genius
KBS2TV, February 4, 2013 -March 26, 2013
Played the role of Addie/Addy/Eddie Kang

Young Storm
Chinese drama, not yet aired
Played the role of Ye Zi Xuan

JHJ filmed “Young Storm” from December 2, 2011 to January 31, 2012 in Mainland China.

49 Days
SBS, March 16 – May 19, 2011
Played the role of Han Kang

Three Dads, One Mom
KBS, April 2 – May 22, 2008
Played the role of Han Soo Hyun

Seo Dong Yo/Ballad of Seo Dong/Song of the Prince
SBS, September 5, 2005 – March 27, 2006
Played the role of Seo Dong/Jang (later becomes King Mu, the 30th King of Baekje)

Only You/Lovers in Venice
SBS, June 4 – July 24, 2005
Played the role of Han Yi Jun

Fox with 9 Tails/Gumiho/Forbidden Love
KBS, July 19 – September 7, 2004
Played the role of Kang Min Woo

Sunshine Pours Down/Shining Days/Sunshine of Love
SBS, February 11 – April 1, 2004
Played the role of  Jung Eun Sup

Star’s Echo/Sound of Star
a 2-episode Japanese-Korean cooperation drama
MBC, January 30, 2004
Played the role of Yoo Seong Jae

First Love
SBS, August 2 – September 28, 2003
Played the role of Han Yeong Woo

Love Letter
MBC, February 10 – April 1, 2003
Played the role of the priest Andrea/Lee Woo Jin

Great Wish/Great Ambition/Daemang
SBS Big Drama, October 12, 2002 – January 5, 2003
Played the role of Crown Prince who later becomes King

Golden Pond
SBS Special Drama on Korean Thanksgiving Day, September 21, 2002
Played the role of art instructor

Very Good/That’s Good
SBS Sitcom, November 19, 2001 – March 15, 2002
Played the role of Hyun Jae

Father and Sons
SBS Weekend Drama, July 21 – October 28, 2001
Played the role of the 4th/youngest son Jong Du

KAIST
SBS Drama, Episode 75, Love of 145 Km, August 13, 2000
Played the role of Dong Ha, a graduate student of KAIST

MOVIES

She Lacks 10%
Plays the role of movie director Hong Jin Woo
JHJ filmed this movie from September – October 2012.  To date, the movie has not been released yet.

G.P. 506/The Guard Post (2007)
Plays the role of 1st Lt. Yoo Jeong U

Joy of Love/Pleasure of Love (2004, short internet film)

Untold Scandal (2003)
Plays the role of young scholar Kwon In Ho

MUSIC

Even if I live just one day (2011, 49 Days OST)

Different Space, Same Memory Digital Single, 2008, includes his original songs:

Like The Wind Beside YouWords You Said To MeI Spread My Dreams In The Sky

Member of the boy group Guardian, 1998

ADDRESS FOR FAN LETTERS: JHJ is currently looking for a new management agency. Address for fan letters will be announced once new agency has been determined.

OFFICIAL SITES

Korea Official Website: http://www.johyunjae.com

Japan Official Site: http://johyunjae.co.jp/

Personal Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/hj.jo.376

Official Weibo account: http://weibo.com/zhaoxianzai

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caitlin

:rolleyes:

hi everyone m a true blue jo hyun jae fan i dnt know eversince i've watched love letter i wasnt able to get him out of my mind so i hope you guys can help me out. i started watching love letter once again for th nth time 9cnt remember how many times ive watched this series) i cnt help but cry because i remembered its soundtrack & while m on it i tried to look for the ost of love letter & got the biggest shock of my life sad to say the files was deleted urghhhh. when i logged on this morning i cnt see the thread for the ost's help pls i want to listen to it but i cnt anymore :( so pls if anyone out there have it pls post it here i would really appreciate it very much i hope someone out there will be willing to share it pls if it would be possible thanks in advance for whoever will grant my request.thanks :)

Guest lemonhl

credit:www.johyunjae.cn

original from: http://www.koreanwind.net/bbs/viewthread.p...ghlight=&page=2

【러브레터 / 情书】

Release Date: 2003.03.04

主演: 赵显宰、秀爱、池珍熙

官网:http://www.imbc.com/tv/drama/loveletter

1. 천국의 이별 - Tri-Be

2. 사랑을 믿나요 - Tri-Be

3. 너를 위한 기도 - 한소현

4. 허락 - Tri-Be

5. 그 겨울의 기역 - 김은희

6. 눈부신 내가 될때까지 - Tri-Be

7. Ending Title - Piano Inst.

8. 안드레아 Theme - Violin Inst.

9. 정우진 Theme - Guitar Variation

10. 안드레아 Theme - Guitar Variation

11. 그 겨울의 기억 - Guitar Variation

12. Ending Title - String Variation

mms://aod.mylisten.com/aod/1/51/034151_0400859.wma

to (59~70)

mms://aod.mylisten.com/aod/1/51/034151_0400870.wma

mms://222.122.25.67/ZWMA/MP0030/30461/440992.WMA

to (0992~1004)

mms://222.122.25.67/ZWMA/MP0030/30461/441004.WMA

http://211.62.52.73/0O03/0100/0O0300120001...001_128kbps.wma

to (01~12)

http://211.62.52.73/0O03/0100/0O0300120012...012_128kbps.wma

http://daumbgm.nefficient.co.kr/daumbgm/A0...00117276401.wma

to (01~12)

http://daumbgm.nefficient.co.kr/daumbgm/A0...00117276412.wma

MV

01 Tri-Be 天国的离别 mms://211.196.186.116/MusicVideo/021/102321.WMV

i've been looking for this thread... =)

had to delete all old soompi bookmarks. i'd be so lost if i didn't bookmark all my favorite threads.

jo hyun jae is such a talented actor... he's pulled of quite a range of characters so well.

thank you for making this thread.. I really like him after love letter.. i think he's HOT in only you too.. he makes that drama much more enjoyable... but he looks alot more mature now than in those pix you posted.. hehe.. still as HOT as ever though :lol:

I believe we should start with his Profile first right??

** Jo Hyun Jae’s Profile **

+ Birth Date: May 9th, 1980 (Taurus)

+ Height & Weight: 180cm, 65kg

+ School: Play & Movie, Arts Department, Dangook University

+ Blood Type: A

+ Favorite Exercises: Swimming, Squash Tennis,

Climbing, Inline-Skating, Golf, Tennis

+ Favorite Music Genre: Ballad ... Especially R&B

+ Favorite Food: Korean Food

+ Favorite Accessories: Hats, Watches

+ Favorite Colors: Beige Tone

+ Favorite Animal: Dog

+ Reluctant Animal: Cat

+ Favorite Weather: Rainy Day

+ Ideal Girl Type: Girl who is merry and laughs very often with beautiful smile

Smiling look always makes people happy and dynamic.

+ Agency: Star J Entertainment

+ Fan Letter Address: To Jo Hyun Jae in Star J Entertainment, 123 ~ 40, Chungdam Dong, Gangname Gu, Seoul

August 13th, 2000

[KAIST], SBS Drama (Episode 75, Love of145Km) , Played as the role of Dongwha, a graduated student of KAIST

fatherson164vd.jpg

July 21th~ October 28th, 2001

[Father & Sons], SBS Drama for Weekends- Played as the role of Jongdu, youngest son

November 19th, 2001~ March 15th, 2002

[Very Good!], KBS Sitcom Drama , Played as the role of Hyun Jae

September 21st,

[Golden Pond], SBS Special Drama at Korean Thanksgiving day-Played as the role of art instructor

October 12th, 2002~ January 5th, 2003

SBS Big Drama [Great Wish] , Played as the role of prince

February 10th, ~ April 1st, 2003

[Love Letter], MBC Drama , Played as the role of Andrea (Lee Woo Jin) Priest

Released on October 2nd, 2003

[scandal], the movie by Spring Production , Played as the role of Gwon In Ho, young man (the role of Dangsuni)

firstlove11ex.jpg

August 2nd~ September 28th, 2003

[First Love], SBS Drama- Played as the role of Han Yeong Woo, the first lover

January 30th, 2004

[sound of Star], MBC Drama- Played as the role of Yoo Seong Jae

February 11th ~ April 1st, 2004

[sunshine Sheds], SBS , Played as the role of Jeong Eun Sup

gumihokiss43yn.jpg

July 19th~ September 7th, 2004

[Fox with Nine Tails-Another Version], KBS Drama , Played as the role of Gang Min Woo, a detective

joyoflove110de.jpg

November 4th, 2004

[Pleasure of Love], Internet Short Film

1627ix.jpg

June 4th~ July 24th, 2005

[Only You], SBS Drama , Played as the role of Han Ejun

sdy175cp.jpg

September 5th, 2005~ March, 2006

[seodongyo], SBS Drama - Played as the role of Seodong

+ Album

GUARDIAN

guardian_0.gif

credit: everhyunjae

Guest spikey

Spikey,

I've tried several times, but failed.

Do you have other link ?

Thanks

Apologies! I could not log in myself. Will search around and advise you if I do

find another link!!!

just a couple questions... hopefully, someone can clear this up.

i've been trying to search for info on JHJ, but considering that my korean is very limited, i can't seem to find a whole lot. anyway, i noticed that in his earlier dramas, he's credited as Lee Hyun Jae (이현제) on official websites (i.e., Father and Son). And there was another one, but I can't remember off the top of my head. is Lee really his surname, or a previous stage name?

and also, i captured these pics from a news clip (it was a short interview w/ Han Chae Young and Jo Hyun Jae regarding Only You)... and they showed a 2-3 second clip of him singing... he looks so young! was he part of a group back then?

JHJ_clip01.jpg

JHJ_clip02.jpg

Archived