Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest WitchGoddess

Applications, Themes, Accessories, Questions/Answers
Android Phones

The Android seems like the fastest growing type of phone. Its versatile google operating system gives users a lot of customization and functionality. The newest/hottest phones like the EVO, Droid, Incredible, etc are all Androids. I thought there could a thread, since there is already a Blackberry and iPhone threads.

Share wallpapers, themes, and useful applications here.

Useful Applications:

Advanced Task Killer <--- You need it! The most important application to have. Saves the phone.

Antivirus <--- Checks applications for viruses before downloading them.

Color Note <--- Useful since there is no stock application for notes.

eBuddy <--- Best free messenger application that. Can connect to aim, msn, yahoo, etc.

ES File Explorer <--- Can read through your Micro SD Card: rename files, delete, etc

Handcent SMS <--- Great text messaging application thats much better than the stock sms application.

K-9 Mail <--- Better than the stock email application. It allows you to have more customization.

Open Home <--- Used to add cool themes to change the look of your phone. It makes it stay interesting.

Amazing Sites for the Latest Info

Phonedog <--- Favorite site for the latest info. It has great reviews and phone comparisons.

Droid Dog <--- Subversion of Phonedog. Its a site mainly focused on android devices. Has the lastest news.

Android Central <--- Best site for Android devices. It has the latest news. Follow them on twitter and you'll never be out of the loop.

Engadget <--- Talks about the latest devices to hit the market (not just phones).

Howard Forums <--- Discuss the latest phones with expert users from all around the world.

Latest Android Phones:

Motorola Droid

Motorola-Droid-Verizon-tethering.jpg

HTC Incredible

HTC-Incredible_LR.jpg

HTC Evo 4G

IMG_8996.jpg

Motorola X

motoroladroidxengadget01.jpg

Tell us:

1. Which phone you have

2. Three most useful applications

3. Any themes you use

4. Version of Android Device

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tirahbunny

nice thread! :D

1. well i have the G1, an Android pioneer ;)

2. the apps I use the most are Advanced Task Manager, Hi AIM, Twidroid, and Facebook.

3. i dont have any themes right now, but maybe after i root

4. I have vers. 1.6

I know theres all this hype about iPhone 4, and i probably would get one but not until laaater on because who knows how buggy the software might be?] so I won't upgrade my 3gs just yet. I am planning on upgrading my G1 though, maybe to either Moto Cliq or the Mytouch 3G Slide but most likely the latter because it's newer and looks better. I originally wanted the Droid/Milestone but it's just too expensive, around 500-600 unlocked, and also a reason why i wont be getting iphone 4 because i'd hve to get it without contract = pricey!!! I really love how the Mytouch 3g Slide looks, very sleek. I'd get it in white.

250x270_1.png

250x270_2.png

250x270_3.png

Guest Tonyc402

Hahah , I was gunna create an android thread but beat me to it.

Anyways

1.I have a HTC Google Nexus One

2. My three most used applications would probably be Flikie Wallpaper HD(you can change your wallpaper on their online server , they add new ones every day ), Meebo IM , Dolphin Browser HD (nice looking and fast browser)

3.Currently using Black Hero Status Bar for Cyanogen and LauncherPro (highly recommend , makes your homescreen transitions so much smoother)

4. Android 2.1 Eclair , cant wait for Cyanogen Froyo 2.2 update.

Useful Applications:

Titanium Backup (for ROOTED phones ONLY) : Highly recommend if your phone is rooted , it basically saves all your apps into your sd card and can be restored if your phone was reformated or changed to a different rom.

N1 Torch: These are for people with ROOTED Nexus One phones, it turns your LED flash into a flashlight.

Trackball Alert Pro: Anyone with a ROOTED Nexus One can turn their trackball light into different colours for different notifications

LookOut: Great security application as it can save pictures/contacts/etc . Also has an antivirus application and way to find your missing phone(uses GPS to find a radius of where your phone is. But would be more effective if 3G is in use) by setting an alarm to turn on when you login into your Lookout account on your computer.

Guest tirahbunny

hey guys, which is better - OpenHome or aHome?

and also, does anyone have any links to APK downloads?

Guest WitchGoddess

^ Def OpenHome. It has a lot more themes and it runs a lot more smoothly. When I used aHome it would always foreclose on me.

Guest soompi_q

don't know if i'm in the right thread to ask..

i'm planning to buy samsung i5700 (galaxy spica)..

and it's an android phone..

i don't know things about android..

but i'm giving it a try..

is using an android phone...uhm...complicated?

Guest tirahbunny

speaking of Droid phones, anybody got info or thoughts about the Samsung Galaxy S which is supposedly going to be out on T-Mobile next month?

whoa i didnt know the Galaxy S is coming on Tmobile! It'll probably be expensive!

I like this phone, its the phone they use on Cinderella's Sister. The specs are impressive.

Guest simple20

No SD Card? Are you sure?

I got my phone from bestbuy and they gave me a free 2GB micro SD card. I heard Verizon does the same thing. I think this phone can read to 16GB to 32GB as well. But it can't format the latter yet.

I do agree with the above user about the slow texting. I think it has something to do with the stock keyboard. When I downloaded another keyboard it was a lot faster, but it didn't have the auto correct.

I'm just going to answer your question in here..The only SD card that I have is the one that came with my phone. Otherwise, I don't have any extra SD card. They said it'll cost ($$$) to get another one, and I bought my phone from verizonwireless store.

It's fun to watch my friends struggle with my phone. My phone is "high tech" (supposely) compare to all their phone. They're having hard time sliding my screen lock, turning on my phone, texting and calling. LOL. It's funny. :)

1. HTC Droid Eris

2. Google Map....That's pretty much it.

3. So far, none.

4. Android 2.1. (I think I don't know, lOl) =D

Anyone know how to make my phone faster? It's really slow ever since my version went to 2.1.

Guest WitchGoddess

BIG BIG NEWS:

Motorola Droid X Set to release on Verizon on July 19th.

Full Review at Engadget

motoroladroidxengadget01.jpg

4.4-inch, FWVGA 854 x 480-resolution screen

Android 2.1 with "some new sort of Motoblur"

8-megapixel camera

Ability to record 720p video

Multitouch keyboard

1GHz ARMv7 processor

8GB of storage space

Can anyone say how big this phone is? And I thought the HTC Evo 4G was way too big. I'm kind of into the size though. Typing and watching movies/videos will be so much easier. 4.4 inch screen, what a monster.

i just got the mytouch slide today and it's pretty nice. dont like the slide out keyboard tho, it kinda sucks and looks very disorganized. i miss my bb's keyboard...alot!lol idk maybe i'll get used to it.

Guest h2obubbli

1. I use the Motorola Milestone, needed a physical keyboard

2. i use Math Alarm Clock where basically yu have to answer a equation or sum to shut it up lol

Ringdroid is a good nifty app. for cutting music and setting them as yur ringtone/notification

Note Everything is exactly what it is, just noting down anything, through, text, drawing, voice...

3. I used to use Pandahome2 until it completely crashed my phone

4. My firmware is still 2.0 lol, about time i upgraded

oh and a good site for apps. that i use, if yu have a barcode scanner even better, just scan the qr code and it brings yu straight to the download page..

http://www.androlib.com/

Guest forgottenmemories

1. HTC Mytouch slide

2. Dophin, Flickie, and Google maps

3. My own theme

4. Version 2.1 or 2.2, I can't remember. XD

Guest High Kick

whoa i didnt know the Galaxy S is coming on Tmobile! It'll probably be expensive!

I like this phone, its the phone they use on Cinderella's Sister. The specs are impressive.

i thought they used the galaxy a in cinerella's sister.

i need to get my brother a graduation present and i'm having a hard time deciding between getting him the nexus one or wait for the galaxy s. i like the look and screen of the galaxy s but i don't think he'd like its layout too much. i guess i can't go wrong with either choice though.

Guest kireisnowtenshi

Ohhhhh I have the MOTOCLIQ...I loves it :)

The BEST thing about this phone is that when I lose it I can go online and track it. Motoblur is the best. And I've lost my phone enough times in the past 4 months that I've had it to actually use this method lol.

However I dont think im getting the full use out of my phone lol...there are so many cool things that my sister does to hers that I just cant get with. I actually wanna use it for more than the net and calling people. Its too expensive not to.

Guest --Junkee*

does anyone out there own the motorola milestone?

I've been thinking about getting it after my contract is over

but i heard motorola phones break really easily...

Guest High Kick

does anyone know where i can find the default wallpaper they use for the galaxy a or s? it's the one that looks like an italian building, maybe an alley, and it has a yellowish hue. hopefully, 960x800 so i can scroll left to right on my android screen. thanks in advance.

Guest suspendedinbliss

1. LG Ally

2. Navigation, NeoStylo Korean Keyboard, Advanced Task Killer.

3. I just use the stock Android theme.

4. 2.1

Guest Zeniers

Hello, could someone please help me out here?

I'm in the middle of deciding which Android phone to get because my contract term ends in less than a week!( :w00t: )

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which network and which phone.

Should I pick AT&T or Verizon?

AT&T has the Aria that I think I'll most likely get and Verizon has the Eris if I go with Verizon.

So, which is the better one?

Archived