Prom Etiquette: Wear the same dress to two different proms?

Guest carrilina

Guest carrilina

So, for my school prom, I'm wearing this dress:

53994F.jpg

but .. i'm debating about whether to wear this dress to a prom at a different school the following night:

cp1_0605000847.jpg

... or whether the second dress is too blah and to just stick with the dress i wore the first night.

any suggestions?

* In retrospect, this seems really frivolous, but regardless, I'd appreciate any opinions/suggestions/recommendations on what I should do...

Thanks ahead of time for all your comments--

Guest tokurei

personally, i'd go with wearing the first dress to both proms.

mainly because i don't like the second dress as much.

however, if i had two dresses which i thought both looked lovely,

then i'd wear different dresses to both proms.

Guest <3 Kim

Back when I was in highschool I went to 2 proms and I wore the same dress for both so there's nothing wrong with it

Guest Batgirl

Back when I was in highschool I went to 2 proms and I wore the same dress for both so there's nothing wrong with it

Same here. I actually went to 3 senior balls. 3 different guys. 2 different schools (one year my school with a senior when i was a junior, then at a different school with another senior when i was a junior. Then next year to my own school for my own senior ball with my boyfriend) Lol.

Same dress for the 2 i went to when i was a junior, nicer dress for my own senior ball.

Lol think about it. If you're going to a different school's prom, how many kids there, are kids from your own school's prom.

Exactly.

Honestly. No one will care. I've seen a girl recycle a dress for her prom and winter ball. And then even lent it to someone. 5 years from now, you won't really care. LOL.

Guest Koutarou

I would wear different dresses. If you're going with dates to the two separate proms, I don't think it'd be fair for them to have you in the same dress, you know what I mean? Like, for pictures, if you're wearing the same dress, it might seem like you didn't care enough to make the night special. And even if you're not going with dates, it'll seem like you didn't even bother to prepare for the proms. I know that the quality of the two dresses makes a difference, too, but showing up in the same dress two times... haha.....

I'm not sure if my point of view makes sense haha. ^^"

Guest ai.s2

just depends how much you care for the other prom,

if its not that important just stick to wearing your first dress x2,

if you care enough to buy another dress go for it :]

Guest carrilina

everyone, thanks so much for replying back.

koutarou, I was actually thinking the same EXACT thing... and i think that's why I had so many qualms about wearing the same dress. in retrospect it's not a big deal... but I just felt like with the whole big thing with taking mass amounts of pictures and uploading them to all these social websites like facebook and such, would it be kinda awkward to be caught (in that sense) with wearing dresses. *the same dresses*

to batgirl and <3kim, I completely understand that side too. hahahah.ayy.

Guest CaramelSweetie

I personally don't like the second dress, so I would go with just wearing the first dress twice.

Guest kaydeex

If facebook didn't exist then I would just say wear the first one for both... but obviously people will see pictures of you wearing the same dress... but if you don't care what others think then I guess it doesn't matter xD

Guest x kisekiboshi

personally, i'd wear the first one to both prom events. i can understand that people might be like why'd she wear the dress twice, but honestly, if you are comfortable with wearing the same dress, go ahead. otherwise, just wear the second dress to the other prom you're going to.

Guest hAppynote

I think I would change dresses because I'd have more fun changing my hair and makeup accordingly and taking pictures. But if i didn't get to take many pictures w/ the first dress, i'd just wear it again for the next prom.

If the first dress is comfortable enough for you to wear two nights in a row, go for it. I think the second dress is a bit boring. I'd accessorize/add a broach or sth if I was going to wear that dress, but just that dress alone is "blah". If you can alter it, i think it'd look better as a short a-line dress (with the skirt starting just underneath the bust/drapy things). That way you could wear some cute attention-grabbing heels.

Guest Jooliyah

Wear the first one to both.

What's the point of having a dress if you're only going to wear it once...?

Guest Veeneee

i like the 1st dress, the 2nd seems too long and not as pretty..

its okay to wear the same dress twice. as long as you aren't seeing the exact same people there. its a waste if you wear something once and never again.. for me, if i buy a dress, i'll wear it to a party, and then again for someones wedding, and then another party.. as long as the people that are attending won't recognize the dress

Guest prisonerzero

Haha, does it really matter if the dress is shown twice...? The second dress is like |:. The first one is nice. I would have no problem wearing that to both.

Archived