Songs & how to get rid of raspy voice ?

Guest x stylejjang

Guest x stylejjang

helpppppp !
im planning to audition for YG but idk if im good enough & my voice sounds horrible.

i have a raspy voice. >.< & i sing low & my voice is more powerful when lower.

Like always sound like i have something stuck in my throat when theres nothing.

& i always have to spit out mucus when singing.

even when i talk. >.< i think its really ugly.. esp when i record

& playback it sounds very bad from when i hear it.

how to change that ? like how do yu not have a raspy voice ?

when i sing it comes out & my voice cracks & sounds weird.

anyone know any songs english or korean ? or any artists ?

Any recommendations for me to get rid of this ?

You should check out David Choi on Youtube.

edit// Wow. I totally misread your post. Hahah. I feel like an idiot. I thought you were asking for what kind of songs to sing if you kind of have a raspy voice. XD Ignore me, haha. :x

Guest pikachoo1006

dont eat nasty junk foods, no soda and no iced teas ><;;

it sounds really hard to do, but whenever i have to perform, thats the rules my vocal teacher gives me.

also, talk in a high voice all day long ><;;

ROFL, it works, really ;)

for vocal range, do scales ^^

gluck~

Guest IsInsaneJungle

Do you get airy? If you do, that's probably because your airflow through the vocal chords are not constant. And probably, regarding the mucus and stucking, you are forcing too hard on your voice. It is normal to feel weak at higher notes, that's because your body adapts different placements for different pitches, so yeah, hoped i helped! Actually, listen to your body when you sing. Feel the placements.

• 4 years later...
Guest moneyspills

The first is that singing effectively doesn't always mean singing louder. You may see this in amateurs, that they push their voice and raise the pitch thinking this is going to project the singing or make it sound better. The sound instead just becomes screechy and pitchy. When learning to effectively sing you need to sing from your entire body; the back muscles, the diaphragm, and the entire voice box are involved. Control is the key; you need to control your voice, the pitch, and the tone in order for it to sound better. This means not just singing "more" but controlling the vibrations that begin in the throat for a deeper, richer sound.

Here's a video to help you sing better:

Archived