Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How tall is tall nose?

13»

Comments

• luv_pandaluv_panda Posts: 257Member

ROOKIE

I think asians in general from our parents and what is considered normal has WAY too many complexes.
    We are always so fixated on one or more things about ourselves. Where as I think for more caucasians they see beauty as a whole, not just on one feature..but thats not always everyone..but I think in general thats the case.

Like my caucasian friends...they can't tell the whole tall nose, short nose...they think the asian nose is cute and its suits us asians as we are asian thats a facial feature of ous which distinguish us from others.

Its like when people say, oh you have a small face, or large eyes.. etc..like Nichkhun from 2PM once said in a Thai interview, when he first arrived in Korean, people used to comment about his small face size and it realy bugged him as he never got that sort of comparment when he was in the US.

Also its like the media asks and promotes having complexes, like few shows I've watched the hosts ask, do you have any complexes??
    MythnoonA
  • xbambooxbamboo Florida, USAPosts: 1,511Member
    edited January 2011
    OP, when your Caucasian friend said that your nose is small I'm almost certain they meant it as a compliment. Westerners tend to have more projected noses and a small nose is a more attractive attribute to them (i.e. even Meagan Fox got her old nose shaved down to a pointier, sleeker, smaller nose). Ironically, because Asians tend to have flatter faces in general, we perceive having a "tall" nose to be more desirable and covet the Western facial structure.

It's undeniable that the standard of beauty is Westernized, but that doesn't invalidate the appeal of Asian features. For example, I personally think that the slanty-eyed look is very sultry and more attractive than the large almond-shaped, doe-eyed look. Anyway, we should really learn to like who we are as a whole. Like a lot of others have said, it can be counter-productive to fixate on ONE feature. People are people. People are not meant to be made of the same mold as supermodels and idols.

Just for fun though, I've always been envious of BoA's gorgeous, perfect nose:
    25p7ceh.jpg
    Westerners would consider her nose to be small, while Asians consider it tall. It's a matter of perspective but either way she looks flawless.
    Capricciohyeminnie정유미
  • manwthyellowfevermanwthyellowfever Posts: 2Member
    Here's good news for those of you with a flat nose. I'm American and I notice we don't really "look" at a person's nose unless it "stands out" (hook-nose, crooked, or really long). We usually focus more on the eyes, skin, hair color, and the general appearance of the face. Many black people I talk to are the same way and many of them have flat noses. Some of them even like it. I'm from Hawaii and I see people from many parts of the world so I have seen many different noses. When considering an American's preference it's much more common for someone to have too long of a nose than too wide or flat so you are really safe if you have a button nose or a flat nose but someone with a typical Caucasian nose can risk having too long of a nose. When we see an Asian person with a flat nose we don't think it's ugly. It's just normal and there are a lot of Asians that live here. Some of us actually think it helps them look more Asian or exotic. Some actually think a flat Asian nose is cute. I personally think they are very attractive, more attractive than longer nose. I notice people are more self conscious of their nose if they are from East Asia or India but don't need to be. Especially if they are afraid of what a foreigner such as an American would think. We usually say  long to mean tall. Big can mean really wide or long. I call a really long nose a "pinocchio nose" after the movie. Button nose means not flat or wide and not really long. A lot of Japanese and Koreans have this type. 
    Kailin-
  • candylove.candylove. Posts: 133Member
    xbamboo wrote on 19 January 2011 - 05:48 PM:

OP, when your Caucasian friend said that your nose is small I'm almost certain they meant it as a compliment. Westerners tend to have more projected noses and a small nose is a more attractive attribute to them (i.e. even Meagan Fox got her old nose shaved down to a pointier, sleeker, smaller nose). Ironically, because Asians tend to have flatter faces in general, we perceive having a "tall" nose to be more desirable and covet the Western facial structure.

It's undeniable that the standard of beauty is Westernized, but that doesn't invalidate the appeal of Asian features. For example, I personally think that the slanty-eyed look is very sultry and more attractive than the large almond-shaped, doe-eyed look. Anyway, we should really learn to like who we are as a whole. Like a lot of others have said, it can be counter-productive to fixate on ONE feature. People are people. People are not meant to be made of the same mold as supermodels and idols.

Just for fun though, I've always been envious of BoA's gorgeous, perfect nose:

Westerners would consider her nose to be small, while Asians consider it tall. It's a matter of perspective but either way she looks flawless.

just so you know..boa had a nose job...
    Myfacebook I Blog I Tumblr

Emerald Snow
  • monkeyinabarrelmonkeyinabarrel Posts: 1,371Member
    Psh! Caucasians have other things to worry about. They don't always come with "Angelina's nose" or some other celebrity with a perfect nose.
    • they get rid of bumps on their noses (ex: ashlee simpson)
    • they have hooked noses
    • wide noses
    • noses that are too upturned
      giant noses
    caucasians aren't all made equal with -insert celebrities nose here- and neither are asians (though asians seem to have OCD fixing every little detail)
13»