How tall is tall nose?

Guest luvK-Pop

Guest luvK-Pop

American's views on asian's nose
well, it would be stereotype to say this but I'm sure everyone is aware that most asians have flat/small/wide nostril nose.But there are some asians whose nose are quite pretty. My mother once said I have a pretty tall nose but one of my friends who are Australian said that my nose is "small". I'm not sure what does he mean by that but i was quite offended. I know that my nose isn't perfect but I was wondering if American people ever compliment on an Asian nose before.

Liu yi fei has the best nose ever! she doesn't even contour it

hangyue1112093.jpg

hangyue1112094.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CtlunatC

one of my floormate's roomate thought her nose was pretty cute cuz its one of those "button" noses. but in asian terms its really flat. my floor mate is asian and her roommate is Caucasian. i asked her (the roommate) what she thought about tall noses and flat noses and she said she's never heard of that.

Guest peppermintsugar

one of my floormate's roomate thought her nose was pretty cute cuz its one of those "button" noses. but in asian terms its really flat. my floor mate is asian and her roommate is Caucasian. i asked her (the roommate) what she thought about tall noses and flat noses and she said she's never heard of that.

Haha, I, too, am Caucasian and I've never really heard about it, either. Just my best friend complaining about hers now and then because it's quite "Asian," whatever that even means.

I'd be more than willing to trade, my nose is as tall as the Eiffel Tower.

i disagree with your definition of what makes a nose "asian".

asia is filled with lots of different ppl with lots of different noses.

and no, i don't think that white ppl say "tall". my grandmother (now dead) was native american, and according to my mom, she liked her husband because of his "tall" nose.

white ppl just call a nose "big" or "small".

anyways, i think that asians have quite nice noses.

a high bridge does not translate into "pretty" or "handsome"...especially if the rest of your face is jacked up.

unless a person's nose is freakishly large or terribly small, most people won't really notice it.

Guest Quyennypoo_1

I'm all for tall noses, my twin sisters had them done and they look awesome....my other sister is getting it done this year and i want mine done too although everyone is protesting i shouldnt get it done because my nose is 'cute' err...i dont think so ¬¬

Guest mukinsvivi

Most Celebrities get nose surgery anyways . . . so you can't really tell what's real :o .

I personally think your nose is VERY important to your overall face. . . It's located in the center

and can really create balance to your other facial features. Many of my Caucasian friends have

told me I have a rather nice nose. . . and Asian people compliment on it like there's no tomorrow x_x.

For me. . .tall nose = Cyrano de Bergerac :D !!

Just kidding ! XD

Most Celebrities get nose surgery anyways . . . so you can't really tell what's real :o .

I personally think your nose is VERY important to your overall face. . . It's located in the center

and can really create balance to your other facial features. Many of my Caucasian friends have

told me I have a rather nice nose. . . and Asian people compliment on it like there's no tomorrow x_x.

For me. . .tall nose = Cyrano de Bergerac :D !!

Just kidding ! XD

omg hahah your Cyrano de Bergerac comment,

takes me back to french class :)

Guest riceasaurr

I don't think Caucasian's really know the term's tall nose/flat nose because they aren't as analytical as Asians.

Asian's are always talking about having "big eyes," "tall nose," "oval face."

And give every facial feature they believe makes someone beautiful, a label.

In American society, they look at the entire person's face. And when they compliment someone's looks, they don't say "Oh, you have such a tall nose! I'm jealous!" It's usually "You're really pretty!" or something general.

Although, I do think that having a tall nose does help make someone more beautiful. xD

But I'm biased, because I want a higher bridge myself. Even though in my friends' point of view, I already have a "non-Asian" nose. >_______>``

Guest novemberfifteenth

Not sure about tall, I think non-Asians know what a flat nose is. I've been called that quite a few times before :(

But Asians are known to have flat faces by Westerner's so idk.

Guest RTliesy

hey~ I'm dutch, not american, but i guess that's ok too right? :P

i know what you mean with a tall nose.. (at least i think i know! :S XD)

but then again... hanging around on soompi and all im kinda used to what asians say about noses.. lol

(oh in dutch we do call a nose tall or high, not regularly.. but we do.. haha.. but then in dutch words :P)

i think the thing is.. an asian 'tall nose' would be a normal nose for a white person haha

cause you know the greek nose or roman nose.. ahh wtv all sorts of noses.. they have a very high nose bridge.. i don't really like how that looks.. it just isnt very elegant i guess haha

and i think if someone tells you your nose is small it is a compliment.. at least i would see it as a compliment.. as caucasians tend to have a (too) big nose.. lol XD

and i usually think asian nose looks cute ^^ i see how people don't like it when their nose is really flat.. but srsly i'd rather have a flat nose than a huge nose ... i think it's funny how many asians are always talking about their nose being so flat haha~

i think my nose is kinda big.. but when i say that i mean from the front.. from the side i think i have a really nice nose lol XD it is straight and kinda high but still normal loll

and about americans never saying 'oh you have such a tall nose!' (wich kinda mde me lol XD) i guess it is because they usually already have a tall nose anyways.. they don't pay attention too it.. for white people it's just when the nose is too high or big it makes it ugly.. XD

but i don't think i just told anything new did i? >_<

Guest kikkie

I grew up in American society and only got to know "tall noses" "double eyelids" "small face" when I came on Soompi. I'm quite sure that (other than Asians who worry about stuff like this) not many people know about it. Like mentioned before, usually Americans compliment the whole face and how all the features work together and not just specific parts. So what if you have a "tall nose"? You can be ugly and still have specific features that are pretty. Like Kim So Yon (currently watching Prosecutor Princess, she's the first one to pop into my head). Her nose is definitely pretty and tall, but I thought that her whole face together was average.

Guest Ichiaru

^ I think they concentrate on those features, because it can add a lot to one's face. it IS based on the overall look, but you have to concentrate on the main features that make a face attractive.

Guest Heesung12

i feel sorry for asians. we suffer from far too many complexes that leads us to want to look caucasian.

Guest fresh

I don't think Caucasian's really know the term's tall nose/flat nose because they aren't as analytical as Asians.

In American society, they look at the entire person's face. And when they compliment someone's looks, they don't say "Oh, you have such a tall nose! I'm jealous!" It's usually "You're really pretty!" or something general.

I agree. Non Asian people just think pretty nose, ugly nose not tall nose, flat nose.

Well, this isn't about noses, but I had a Hispanic friend who didn't know what double eye lids were and when I explained it to her and told her that she is double lidded, she got really surprised and said she never knew here eyes were like that at all! lol

Guest countdown321

I have never heard of a White person who defines an attractive nose as being "tall", so don't be offended when that friend said your nose isn't "tall". Do you really expect White people, who's nose bridges are ALL tall (except for a small percentage), would really care about having "tall" nose bridges?. Most White people actually get nose bridge reduced if they are getting a nosejob. Asians usually want the opposite. So when that White person said your nose is small, it's not a bad thing... it's just that your features are small compared to his/her. Anyway, if we look at what faces are considered attractive by White standards, the attractive nose of a female is usually smaller, shorter, and with a smaller nasal bridge compared with the general population. Think Marilyn Monroe.

I also agree to whoever said that a "tall nose" of an East Asian, like the girl in your pic, is still considered average or even flat compared to Westerners. Her bridge between the eyes is flatter compared to Westerners nasal bridge. Higher/taller does NOT equal better. Flat/Small does not mean ugly. If that were the case Adrien Brody would be the epitome of beauty.

adrien-brody-energie.jpg

That would be a "tall nose" by Western standards (taller than average).

Marilyn Monroe

This is a nose that Westerners usually like. I would say it's smaller than average.

Another example: Angelina Jolie

Guest MAKEMESMILE.

if I told someone that they had a small nose, it's a compliment because I prefer button noses compared to the example you showed. that kind of nose, on anyone, looks to protruding or "big" (what me and my friends would call it) to be attractive to me.

but than again, being Caucasian I don't really understand the whole concept of "tall noses are a gift from the heaven above" sort of thing. i'm to lazy to look at the individual detail of the parts of a face to determine anything, if they look good as a whole than that's the way to go.

Guest WhiteRabbitsTime

I get compliments for my nose (mainly Asian girl friends) but, I personally feel like Pinocchio. I think it's awkward that it sticks out so much and I actually think "Asian" button noses are so pretty and dainty looking- very feminine like Michelle Phan. As far as getting compliments from guys- I don't think they care or know the difference.

Guest kinella

hey~ I'm dutch, not american, but i guess that's ok too right? :P

i know what you mean with a tall nose.. (at least i think i know! :S XD)

but then again... hanging around on soompi and all im kinda used to what asians say about noses.. lol

(oh in dutch we do call a nose tall or high, not regularly.. but we do.. haha.. but then in dutch words :P)

i think the thing is.. an asian 'tall nose' would be a normal nose for a white person haha

cause you know the greek nose or roman nose.. ahh wtv all sorts of noses.. they have a very high nose bridge.. i don't really like how that looks.. it just isnt very elegant i guess haha

and i think if someone tells you your nose is small it is a compliment.. at least i would see it as a compliment.. as caucasians tend to have a (too) big nose.. lol XD

and i usually think asian nose looks cute ^^ i see how people don't like it when their nose is really flat.. but srsly i'd rather have a flat nose than a huge nose ... i think it's funny how many asians are always talking about their nose being so flat haha~

i think my nose is kinda big.. but when i say that i mean from the front.. from the side i think i have a really nice nose lol XD it is straight and kinda high but still normal loll

and about americans never saying 'oh you have such a tall nose!' (wich kinda mde me lol XD) i guess it is because they usually already have a tall nose anyways.. they don't pay attention too it.. for white people it's just when the nose is too high or big it makes it ugly.. XD

but i don't think i just told anything new did i? >_<

i totally agree with you

i'm italian (a real one, ie one who was born and lives in italy) and i have one of those awful roman noses...i haaate it, i find it huge and ugly, a sort of tower in the middle of my face

but

when i travel abroad and i stay in hostels i often share my room with asian girls (mostly japanese) and they literally go crazy about my nose, they even take pictures, go figure!

and, gosh, my nose is one of my complexes

from my caucasian (lol) point of view, when someone tells you you have a small nose it is a compliment ^_^

Guest WhiteRabbitsTime

Although, I do think that having a tall nose does help make someone more beautiful. xD

But I'm biased, because I want a higher bridge myself. Even though in my friends' point of view, I already have a "non-Asian" nose. >_______>``

I totally agree with you.

I think "Americans" judge a face as a whole as to just one aspect of it and I feel like I do the same as well.

Just because you have a nice nose doesn't mean your entire face will look appealing to it- it just has to fit and suit you.

megan-fox-gallery30.jpg

Take for example: Meagan Fox- totally raved about how hot she is by many people.

In my opinion:I think Megan Fox has a "not so attractive nose"; the nostrils flare too much and her tip is "saggy" but, when you look at her entire face- she's HOT and everything fits well together to give an overall appealing and attractive look so, I don't think it's fair to just judge someone (their attractiveness) by their nose- kind of silly if you really think about it.

Archived