Changing earrings for the first time

Xkumagorobeamx

Guest peppermintsugar

Your piercing is not healed after three weeks, changing the jewelry is a very bad idea.

Guest sushixlovesu

you shouldnt change the earrings so soon because your piercings havent healed completely yet. If you do you are introducing more bacteria into the piercing, which will cause your piercing to get infected >_> so its best to leave it alone for a few more weeks =x

Guest misyan

I was told that it will take 3 months before I can change earrings

but then I google and most website says 6-8 weeks.

So I guess not such a good idea to change it now.

Guest babiexelle

like what other says, its best not to change them yet, but if you really really need to, make sure you clean the earrings and your ear pierce with rubbing alcohol to kill bacteria and whatnot. and be extra careful. use a mirror and do it slowly. or get someone to do it for you. but cleaning is important

Guest sumoberrylu

iI changed mine after two weeks. I remember that it bled and I got so scared....not fun. I had to ask my mom for help D:

Guest likelovers

My friend changed hers early so the piercing hadn't healed.

Her skin started to grow OVER the new studs.....not pretty. Same thing happened to my cousin - she had to get the skin cut and the earring removed that way (ew). She re-pierced it, this time at a doctor's and it's still a little sensitive.

Some may be lucky and nothing will happen when they change early but to be safe and save yourself grief, wait the suggested time before switching out! (:

Guest peppermintsugar

like what other says, its best not to change them yet, but if you really really need to, make sure you clean the earrings and your ear pierce with rubbing alcohol to kill bacteria and whatnot. and be extra careful. use a mirror and do it slowly. or get someone to do it for you. but cleaning is important

Oh god, do not under any circumstances put rubbing alcohol on your ear before it is 100% cleaned. Rubbing alcohol is WAY too harsh for the wound.

Guest whatanniewears

i think it'd be better if wait a bit longer... or get a friend to help you!

i changed mine after 6 weeks, bled a lot and my ears got really red and swollen =(

Guest xNAT

haha. well. if you want an ear infection go for it. but remember this: my cousin got her ears pierced and changed it about a month after she pierced. you know what happened? despite spraying it with antiseptic and all that stuff, the area got infected and swelled soooo much. it was the size of a grape and was always red and blood came out as well as this clear liquid.

although my ears are fine now after almost 4 years of ears being pierced, i still occasionally get infections because i never wear gold earrings. infections really really hurt :( they bleed, become red and swollen, and like one of the posters above - if the wound hasn't healed, then skin could grow on top of the earrings.

i dont think you should risk it really. because i think it's better to go to the prom in your current studs rather than pretty hoops, but with a red, swollen, and throbbing infection.

Guest everlaughing888

yeah, i don't think it's a good idea. I changed my earrings for the first time after 6 weeks, like Claire's said I could, for prom and that night I could barely take them out again because it was so painful. It was also oozing, which was gross...

Archived